1. ride up the transition at a moderate velocity.
2. before reaching the lip, grab the inner edge of the board with your front hand.
3. stretch the other arm out and look at the lip.
4. before you arm has passed the lip, pull the board up and push yourself lightly away from the ramp.
5. grab the lip and shift your weight to the arm holding it and begin to turn backwards.
6. when the turn is finished, hold the lip and let yourself fall back toward the ramp, pulling the board toward the arm.
7. when the board has cleared the lip, take your and off and push the board against the ramp.