1. ride up the transition and just before reaching the lip, kick the board and straighten the back leg.
2. when the back wheels have touched the lip, stretch the back leg (the tail may hit against the lip).
3. move the board towards your body (your body is upright).
4. quickly reach for the board with your hand after it clears the lip and grab it in front of the front foot (like always).
5. begin to turn with the back leg pulled up and the board pulled against the feet (make sure the rear axle has cleared the coping).
6. when finished turning, let go of the board as it passes below the coping and push it against the ramp as quickly as possible.