Go Back   Skateboard-City Forum > Skateboarding > Trick Talk > How do i pop my flip tricks higher?
Go Back  

Old 12-16-2010   #1
Assymcg33

Focus: All Rounder
Assymcg33 refuses to make a significant post (0-10)
Default How do i pop my flip tricks higher?

sup guys. I have pretty much mastered ollies, i can easily ollie a foot off the ground or 2 decks primo. Whenever i do flip tricks, i cant get them to pop high. I bend down, pop as hard as i can, but usually what happens is the board gets about 2 or 3 inches of air and flips really low to the ground. Any tips?
Assymcg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #2
zibafu
Rook'

Props: 368
zibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to all

dont hang your flicking foot off so much, for example with kickflips, the more of your front foot that is on the board, the higher you can ollie whilst flicking, the only drawback is youll have to flick harder to get the board to flip
Old 12-16-2010   #3
Assymcg33

Assymcg33 refuses to make a significant post (0-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibafu View Post
dont hang your flicking foot off so much, for example with kickflips, the more of your front foot that is on the board, the higher you can ollie whilst flicking, the only drawback is youll have to flick harder to get the board to flip
oh wow seriously? that could be a huge help for me because i usually hang my foot off alot
Assymcg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #4
CLAMCH0WDER

Focus: Ledge Lover
CLAMCH0WDER is on a distinguished road (10+)

Yeah its all about foot placement and flicking it after you pop not right when you pop.
CLAMCH0WDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #5
zibafu
Rook'

Props: 368
zibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assymcg33 View Post
oh wow seriously? that could be a huge help for me because i usually hang my foot off alot
yep, I can have my toes hanging off (i.e. heelflip setup) and still bust a kickflip out, it takes more effort, but the board will flip higher as your foot is putting more effort into the ollie, I dont make a habit of flipping like this tho, my foot is mostly on the board, but slightly heel hanging off for kickflips, and I have always considered mine to be a decent height

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAMCH0WDER View Post
Yeah its all about foot placement and flicking it after you pop not right when you pop.
yeah exactly