Go Back   Skateboard-City Forum > Skateboarding > Skate Talk > sore legs from skating too much
Go Back  

Old 06-24-2010   #1
eskimo44

Focus: Just startin' out
eskimo44 refuses to make a significant post (0-10)
Default sore legs from skating too much

anyone else ever get this

i am new to skating so i guess it's expected since i was trying to do a bunch of tricks and my muscles aren't used to it yet but i was wondering if any more experience skaters still get this and how long u can skate for before u get exhausted
eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010   #2
henrification

Focus: Photography
Props: 18
henrification is a jewel in the roughhenrification is a jewel in the roughhenrification is a jewel in the roughhenrification is a jewel in the rough

After trips to vans or spot im sore for the night but for normal sessions im always good
henrification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010   #3
Made In China
Respected User

Focus: Just Chillin'
Props: 41
Made In China is just really niceMade In China is just really niceMade In China is just really niceMade In China is just really niceMade In China is just really nice

My feet hurt a lot, and hitting my shins hurt too, but I've never really had sore legs.
Made In China is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #4
wforbes
Respected User

Props: 225
wforbes refuses to make a significant post (0-10)

i usually pick up some chocolate muscle milk after a heavy day of skating. you can probably find it in most gas station mini-marts. it's a ton of protein to help your muscles recover.

also just drinking powerade/gatorade and eating bananas helps alot because it replenishes all the electrolytes and stuff that you sweat out while you skate. it'll replenish all the nutrients your muscles need to not cramp up and keep on flowin too.

Daily multi-vitamins also help alot if you eat nothing but fast-food and beer as your normal diet, like me.

V8 vegetable juice is also bomb as fuck.

That stuff along with stretching all the different muscles in your legs, like religiously, will help keep those leg pains down. I can't believe how many skaters I've skated with that don't stretch at all before they skate, then they get pissed because they can't land anything. STRETCH! it's like the most important shit ever, i swear to you.
It also just helps you skate better and be healthier too.

I know all you said is that your legs hurt, and you didn't really ask for all this info.. but i'm hyped on energy drink right now and I'm just in love with typing. haha

Last edited by wforbes; 06-26-2010 at 01:22 AM..
wforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #5
Kregna

Focus: Just startin' out
Kregna refuses to make a significant post (0-10)

I think I had aches and stuff when I started (although I mostly remember it being my ankles).

Anyway you should definitely stretch before you skate. What I do is step forward fully with one leg and down on the thigh of it and hold for 10 seconds. I also grab my ankle and pull my leg up so that it touches my bum and hold it for 10 seconds. And thirdly, I stand on a stair and press my heel down for 5 or so seconds which stretches the calf. Obviously do with both legs.

It helps prevent joint injuries as well as muscle. I wish I'd started sooner and maybe I wouldn't have this knee pain from a year ago (admittedly the stretching has DEFINITELY helped).

Make sure you do it every time before you skate. I didn't recently and that day my knee felt bad and I had muscle aches for days after.
Kregna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #6
surreyskate13
Rook'

Focus: All Rounder
Props: 230
surreyskate13 refuses to make a significant post (0-10)

the back of my heels have been getting reaally sore lately, pretty sure it's from pushing.
Old 06-26-2010   #7
dumbo

dumbo refuses to make a significant post (0-10)

^ i recently got that too.
had a big sesh yesterday, my bed never felt so comfy.
the back part where you knee bends was quite sore.
Old 06-26-2010   #8
EmericasBlackSkater
Respected User

Focus: Flatland Fanatic
EmericasBlackSkater has a spectacular aura about (150+)EmericasBlackSkater has a spectacular aura about (150+)
Send a message via AIM to EmericasBlackSkater

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo44 View Post
anyone else ever get this

i am new to skating so i guess it's expected since i was trying to do a bunch of tricks and my muscles aren't used to it yet but i was wondering if any more experience skaters still get this and how long u can skate for before u get exhausted
If it's really hot out, can't really skate for a long time before your legs cramp up from dehydration. Skate, take a break, skate, take a break. If it still hurts while your skating though, you should probably lay off a day if you can.
EmericasBlackSkater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #9
grimcity
Roll Forever

Props: 291
grimcity has a spectacular aura about (150+)grimcity has a spectacular aura about (150+)grimcity has a spectacular aura about (150+)
Send a message via Yahoo to grimcity

I'm a beat up old dude, I'm always sore. Skated hard yesterday and now I feel like I've been tumbling in a dryer full of bricks.

But I love it.
Old 06-26-2010   #10
Yaboykc
Respected User

Focus: Ledge Lover
Yaboykc refuses to make a significant post (0-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmericasBlackSkater View Post
If it's really hot out, can't really skate for a long time before your legs cramp up from dehydration. Skate, take a break, skate, take a break. If it still hurts while your skating though, you should probably lay off a day if you can.

I do this ^

Just like skate and when you get really tired stop by a gas station or something and buy a gallon water.

Heelflip the hip of the pyramid at thr park (work on getting constient )
laserflips (work on getting constient)
bs hellflip ( land cleaner)
front cooks (more constient)
fs board kinked rail ( land it
Yaboykc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #11
Dr. Science
skateboards are cool

Dr. Science is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Science is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Science is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Science is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Science is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Science is a glorious beacon of light

i have fat legs from not skating enough
Dr. Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #12
super steezy
Respected User

Props: 11
super steezy is on a distinguished road (10+)

There was a period when I was chilling with my friends who live really far away so I'd skate like 4 miles there and I'd usually have to skate back. That got me sore :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesSkater View Post
fact is, ya'll niggas know im raw, and you despise me for it, because your normal suburban white boys. i get respect cause im a white boy from the grimiest hood in america.
super steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #13
kickflippr
Respected User

Focus: Stair Jumper
kickflippr will become famous soon enough (50+)kickflippr will become famous soon enough (50+)

yeah i get that alot. its probably cuz i throw myself down a bank thats basically the size of a 7 or 8 every time i go to this park that i skate at alot nowadays. i think ima start stretching. it helps to land shit first try as well. thats what ive been trying to achieve. just to get any big jumps out of the way first try. so i do lots of run ups and shit now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostleroy
i have several friends who say they do it so i just imagined its super common

kickflippr is offline   Reply With Quote