Go Back   Skateboard-City Forum > Skateboarding > Skate Talk > Tranny' skating becoming really popular?
Go Back  

Old 04-13-2012   #26
betterthanahipster
Respected User

Focus: Flatland Fanatic
betterthanahipster will become famous soon enough (50+)betterthanahipster will become famous soon enough (50+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrindtwinkies View Post
your an idiot.
I really meant better than others
it's always good to better yourself
should have specified
Old 04-13-2012   #27
Gunz

Focus: All Rounder
Props: 23
Gunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo real

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasphyxiate View Post
Tranny is so hard

I can drop in, roll in and kick turn on a ramp

i cant like 5050 stall and shit to scary
I'm like 1 step ahead of you. Just learned 5050's and stalls less than a week ago. But overall 0/10 on tranny <- being generous

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipsarehard View Post
My park has a couple shitty quarterpipes and "the megaramp"

I was gonna say this but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibafu View Post
random stair set on the left is random
In b4 me. I guess you could caveman onto the rail. Hell of a run-up it has there.

Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #28
zibafu
Rook'

Props: 362
zibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
I'm like 1 step ahead of you. Just learned 5050's and stalls less than a week ago. But overall 0/10 on tranny <- being generous

I was gonna say this but...

In b4 me. I guess you could caveman onto the rail. Hell of a run-up it has there.

I thought that, but look at that rail, it pretty much goes into the floor and its well steep judging from that picture haha. I guess rollerbladers could hit it up, but you couldnt really get a session on it, land trick, walk back up stairs, rinse repeat would get old pretty fast
Old 04-14-2012   #29
Gunz

Props: 23
Gunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo realGunz is a playa fo real, a playa fo real

Probably the worst obstacle at a skatepark, ever. I guess it would be handy if you wanted to leave the park via hopping the fence...

Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #30
zibafu
Rook'

Props: 362
zibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to allzibafu is a name known to all

Quote:
Probably the worst obstacle at a skatepark, ever. I guess it would be handy if you wanted to leave the park via hopping the fence...

oh I dunno

everyone should remember this pic

Old 04-14-2012   #31
Waveshaper
Respected User

Waveshaper has a spectacular aura about (150+)Waveshaper has a spectacular aura about (150+)Waveshaper has a spectacular aura about (150+)

^That's not a skatepark, that's art
Old 04-14-2012   #32
cbmyles
Rook'

Props: 308
cbmyles is just really nicecbmyles is just really nicecbmyles is just really nicecbmyles is just really nicecbmyles is just really nice

Quote:
in all honesty, stairs at parks are the worst thing. even if they do have a decent run up and are fully skateable. why put stairs in a park? just go down the fucking street and skate a real set and get that satisfaction of landing something on a legitimate spot. and not to mention, getting hurt at parks is so lame. you know how much of an asshat you would feel like breaking your arm at a park or something jumping down stairs? haha i know you could get hurt doing anything but imo stairs are the most dangerous

my idea of a perfect park would be smooth cement with a mini ramp, bowl w/ cement pool coping, some sort of brick bank and some other random banks, maybe a marble bench, and a long round flatbar. someone build this park, im getting antsy just thinking about it
Old 04-14-2012   #33
igrindtwinkies
My Balls Itch

Focus: Just Chillin'
igrindtwinkies is rollin' on sum twentiesigrindtwinkies is rollin' on sum twentiesigrindtwinkies is rollin' on sum twentiesigrindtwinkies is rollin' on sum twentiesigrindtwinkies is rollin' on sum twentiesigrindtwinkies is rollin' on sum twentiesigrindtwinkies is rollin' on sum twentiesigrindtwinkies is rollin' on sum twenties
Send a message via MSN to igrindtwinkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmyles View Post
in all honesty, stairs at parks are the worst thing. even if they do have a decent run up and are fully skateable. why put stairs in a park? just go down the fucking street and skate a real set and get that satisfaction of landing something on a legitimate spot. and not to mention, getting hurt at parks is so lame. you know how much of an asshat you would feel like breaking your arm at a park or something jumping down stairs? haha i know you could get hurt doing anything but imo stairs are the most dangerous

my idea of a perfect park would be smooth cement with a mini ramp, bowl w/ cement pool coping, some sort of brick bank and some other random banks, maybe a marble bench, and a long round flatbar. someone build this park, im getting antsy just thinking about it
not all places have good stairs, and the appeal of a skatepark is that you can practice your shit for hours without getting kicked out.

i agree though just put a fucking bank there rather than stairs. that way you don't kill the flow of the park. besides, am i right in saying that gaps are way cooler than stairs? i mean i've never seen anyone skate the stairs at carlsbad.
Old 04-14-2012   #34
dtj16
Steez'

Props: 2,318
dtj16 is a name known to alldtj16 is a name known to alldtj16 is a name known to alldtj16 is a name known to alldtj16 is a name known to alldtj16 is a name known to all

Stairs at skateparks are awesome.
But I think if they're at one, they need to be elsewhere.
I know alot of parks that have great flow, then have a random stair set in the middle of the park. So once a few kids start skating it, it ruins the flow for everyone else.
dtj16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #35
Midwest_Mike

Midwest_Mike is just really niceMidwest_Mike is just really niceMidwest_Mike is just really niceMidwest_Mike is just really nice

I'm really happy parks are popping up everywhere, and its not for the reasons everyone likes them so much and practically orgasms at the sight of one. Since they built the two parks in our town, the street spots are finally clean, theres no energy drink cans and garbage all over the place, the lights arent broken, the cops pretty much leave you alone and the security guards have pretty much given up. The people that do skate street here respect what they have now. So, thank god for skateparks for cleaning the streets here.
Midwest_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #36
DontHateJustSkate
grr

DontHateJustSkate will become famous soon enough (50+)

Tranny is fun as fuck although I don't get to skate it at all. With no previous experience on transition I learned 50-50's, 5-0's, rock to fakie and disasters in a few days.

DontHateJustSkate is offline   Reply With Quote