Quantcast People who longboard on college campuses - Skateboard-City Forum
Go Back   Skateboard-City Forum > Off Topic > General Off Topic > People who longboard on college campuses
Go Back  

Old 12-01-2011   #1
sns
Guru Again

Focus: Mini-Ramp Champ
Props: 7
sns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yo
Default People who longboard on college campuses

How do you deal with them?

At my school, everyone tries to longboard, very few are qualified. It's pretty easy to spot the ones that aren't, What do you do see one of "those" longboarders in the crowd?

I like to walk towards them while looking straight ahead, attempting to divert them off their path and make em crash. One time i started a 3 longboard pileup, each of the boards went different directions creating more collateral damage and interfering with everyone's walking to class. One of the kids got yelled at by some frat fag. One of my prouder moments.

Share your campus longboarding stories, scooters, bikes, and general college weird people are also accepted.
sns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #2
Chupacabra.
Perma Banned

Focus: Just Chillin'
Props: 37
Chupacabra. has a spectacular aura about (150+)Chupacabra. has a spectacular aura about (150+)

There's a shit ton of them here. They're always trying to look cool as fuck pushing mongo and being all wobbly and shit. I want to get one to make them look like fools, but I don't want to be one of them.

I also see them hit cracks and step off all the time. Whenever they go up the sidewalk and hit those little circle bumps thing they always lose balance and fall off. They're just bad, how is it hard to do that with 100mm wheels
Chupacabra. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #3
Reo
Respected User

Reo is a glorious beacon of lightReo is a glorious beacon of lightReo is a glorious beacon of lightReo is a glorious beacon of lightReo is a glorious beacon of light

Everyone's riding those Bob Marley sector 9's
Old 12-01-2011   #4
sns
Guru Again

sns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yosns says check out dis bling yo

I love it when they fall off. Since they're longboarding in the first place to look cool/collegy, they have to maintain this as they slowly walk to get their board, pick it up without really bending over, and continue riding as if nobody saw.
Old 12-01-2011   #5
sns
Guru Again

I've seen it all. Razor scooters, those ripstick/wave board things wher eyou have to swivel your legs in opposite directions (which is actually slower than walking), awkward bikes that fold up, roller skates, people here will do anything to get from point A to point B.
Old 12-01-2011   #6
Chupacabra.
Perma Banned

Chupacabra. has a spectacular aura about (150+)Chupacabra. has a spectacular aura about (150+)

Ya I see kids riding scooters too. Thats probably the most embarassing. I don't even see why that would be an option. Longboards have potential, just most people don't know how to ride them. Scooters? No.
Old 12-01-2011   #7
sns
Guru Again

i wonder if anyone pushes mongo on a scooter
Old 12-01-2011   #8
Chupacabra.
Perma Banned

That is the most akward thing ever. I'm looking at videos of kids scootering now hahaha. I wonder if there is any scooter forums like this. razorz-city
Old 12-01-2011   #9
sns
Guru Again

proportional to dick size dood
Old 12-01-2011   #10
xpn0yk0nceptzx
Respected User

xpn0yk0nceptzx is a name known to allxpn0yk0nceptzx is a name known to allxpn0yk0nceptzx is a name known to allxpn0yk0nceptzx is a name known to allxpn0yk0nceptzx is a name known to allxpn0yk0nceptzx is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to xpn0yk0nceptzx

What I hated the most in college were those bro's who longboarded. Sandals and tribal tats.
Old 12-01-2011   #11
kas

Focus: Music Buff
kas is a glorious beacon of lightkas is a glorious beacon of lightkas is a glorious beacon of lightkas is a glorious beacon of lightkas is a glorious beacon of light

my plan to get rid of longboards on campus:
start a university approved longboard club. put up posters around campus, advertise it wherever possible.

come join the official longboard club! meet with other longboarders to discuss such topics as:
-high traffic areas to longboard where people will see you longboarding
-best places to buy flannel shirts to compliment your longboard
-conspicuous places in a lecture hall to store your longboard
-matching your shoes with your skullcandy earbuds: dress to impress!
-just how far back on my head should my beanie be?
and many more! don't forgot to bring your longboard with you!

then say that the first meeting will take place somewhere on campus where there is a small pond, stream, or other body of water that can act as a meeting place. when everybody arrives, you and your associates will steal all their longboards and throw them into the water. problem solved.
Old 12-01-2011   #12
reptiskate52
Send it out to sea

Focus: All Rounder
reptiskate52 is a jewel in the roughreptiskate52 is a jewel in the roughreptiskate52 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to reptiskate52

I longboard, but not on campus. It's obnoxious as fuck, they're always in the way, usually slow as shit and don't know how to maneuver at all. I actually kind of prefer the razor kids, most of them can avoid people (as they've likely done it the majority of their lives.)
Old 12-01-2011   #13
igrindtwinkies
My Balls Itch

igrindtwinkies says check out dis bling yoigrindtwinkies says check out dis bling yoigrindtwinkies says check out dis bling yoigrindtwinkies says check out dis bling yoigrindtwinkies says check out dis bling yoigrindtwinkies says check out dis bling yoigrindtwinkies says check out dis bling yoigrindtwinkies says check out dis bling yo
Send a message via MSN to igrindtwinkies

id just feel weird as fuck walkin into class with a bigass longboard. its fun longboarding down hills and shit but most kids you see on longboards have no balance or control or anything.
Old 12-01-2011   #14
reptiskate52
Send it out to sea

reptiskate52 is a jewel in the roughreptiskate52 is a jewel in the roughreptiskate52 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to reptiskate52

Some dude in my Web class last semester wore racing skates to class everyday, and didn't take them off. Our class was on the third floor, so everyone had to walk at 1 MPH down the stairs behind him as he slowly maneuvered his way down.
Old 12-01-2011   #15
popwar sk8er
Mastermind

Focus: Tranny Thrasher
Props: 1
popwar sk8er is a jewel in the roughpopwar sk8er is a jewel in the roughpopwar sk8er is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to popwar sk8er

i think its cool that people are making the effort to do something like skateboarding. i don't mind seeing longboarders at U of A
Old 12-01-2011   #16
sns
Guru Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas View Post
my plan to get rid of longboards on campus:
start a university approved longboard club. put up posters around campus, advertise it wherever possible.

come join the official longboard club! meet with other longboarders to discuss such topics as:
-high traffic areas to longboard where people will see you longboarding
-best places to buy flannel shirts to compliment your longboard
-conspicuous places in a lecture hall to store your longboard
-matching your shoes with your skullcandy earbuds: dress to impress!
-just how far back on my head should my beanie be?
and many more! don't forgot to bring your longboard with you!

then say that the first meeting will take place somewhere on campus where there is a small pond, stream, or other body of water that can act as a meeting place. when everybody arrives, you and your associates will steal all their longboards and throw them into the water. problem solved.
hahaha all those bullet points are spot on.

My favorite is this black kid in my classes. He has a GIANT tribal tattoo across his shoulderblades, rides a longboard to class in a pink popped polo, shows up late, stores longboard in front of room, stands in the front of hte room while he pretends to be looking for a seat, then eventually makes his way to sit down.
Old 12-01-2011   #17
jkamelo
Respected User

Props: 10
jkamelo is a jewel in the roughjkamelo is a jewel in the roughjkamelo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns View Post
I've seen it all. Razor scooters, those ripstick/wave board things wher eyou have to swivel your legs in opposite directions (which is actually slower than walking), awkward bikes that fold up, roller skates, people here will do anything to get from point A to point B.
anything other than walking it would seem
jkamelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #18
Ramen
R-Pop

Ramen says check out dis bling yoRamen says check out dis bling yoRamen says check out dis bling yoRamen says check out dis bling yoRamen says check out dis bling yoRamen says check out dis bling yoRamen says check out dis bling yoRamen says check out dis bling yo

I just rode my little 8.75 when it was still dry out. Longboarders look so uncomfortable it's sad.
Old 12-01-2011   #19
Stookie

Focus: Tranny Thrasher
Stookie says check out dis bling yoStookie says check out dis bling yoStookie says check out dis bling yoStookie says check out dis bling yoStookie says check out dis bling yoStookie says check out dis bling yo

They all push fucking mongo, it is such a horrid sight to see.
Old 12-01-2011   #20
Ipswitch
Feel It

Ipswitch will become famous soon enough (50+)

i've seen a couple people uni-cycling to class
Ipswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #21
sobrien
banned

Focus: Photography
sobrien says check out dis bling yosobrien says check out dis bling yosobrien says check out dis bling yosobrien says check out dis bling yosobrien says check out dis bling yosobrien says check out dis bling yo

There's a surplus of unicyclers here. Trying to show off every damn day...

all the long boarders here push mongo and they don't understand that long boarding in the rain= ruined deck. On the lighter side of that, every time it rains I know eventually one more asshole will be out of a board.
Old 12-01-2011   #22
Stroh
Terminally Chill

Props: 106
Stroh is a glorious beacon of lightStroh is a glorious beacon of lightStroh is a glorious beacon of lightStroh is a glorious beacon of lightStroh is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Stroh

hahaha longboarders are the worst, unless they actually carve hills and shit at mach cheetah, thats dope, but at hipster central (my college) every long boarder sucks dick and pushes mongo like most others. its pretty funny pushing past them on my regular skateboard with like 49mm wheels simply because they are too uncoordinated to push faster than an elderly lady.
Old 12-01-2011   #23
ChettyThomas
Respected User

Props: 16
ChettyThomas is a name known to allChettyThomas is a name known to allChettyThomas is a name known to allChettyThomas is a name known to allChettyThomas is a name known to allChettyThomas is a name known to all

just about every doucher started longboarding around here, and they call me out because I don't "Bomb gnar gnar hills bruh"

I think ive posted it here but just for another reference, these are the soccer playing douchebags that picked up longboaridng cuz its "hiP br0seid0n"

Longboarding: HD - YouTube
ChettyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #24
Lil T
Going south for the year

Lil T says check out dis bling yoLil T says check out dis bling yoLil T says check out dis bling yoLil T says check out dis bling yoLil T says check out dis bling yoLil T says check out dis bling yoLil T says check out dis bling yo

I saw one once. Sandals and mongo, yep. Beats me why the fuck do they all spend so much to buy them and not even learn how to ride properly.
Lil T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #25
kinjjibo
Respected User

Focus: Flatland Fanatic
Props: 2
kinjjibo is just really nicekinjjibo is just really nicekinjjibo is just really nicekinjjibo is just really nice

All the "bros" that were seniors last year at my school post on Facebook about going longboarding on campus and how it's cool wearing sandals while riding and shit. Thank god they don't try skating.
kinjjibo is offline   Reply With Quote