Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Title

EA SKATE.

Xbox 360, PS3.
    Rated T?

STORY
    You start off in a cutscene showing a guy doing a trick down a handrail, going into the street, and being hit by a bus. The intro video shows the cast of pros acting out roles, such as ambulance driver (p-rod), business people on the street, doctors, and all kinds of stuff. You wake up and are reconstructed (which is when you create your skater). You're camera guy helps you get "rehabilitated" to skating, which is when you learn the FLICK-IT controls (greatest thing in skateboarding video games since tony hawk's games), you are an unkown skater trying to become pro...seems old and tired but the game is amazing. you try to get onto the cover of Transworld skateboarding and some other mag that i don't remember the name.... you compete in tourneys, can get sponsored, a ton of sponsors, and make skate videos anytime and upload them onto the internet via Live or ps3's crappy internet system...whatever.

GRAPHICS
    Amazing. Look like they are through a grainy filter giving the game a rough look. You can tell who the skaters are just by looking at them.

PLAYABILITY
    Open city, set in San Vanelona, a fake city that is structured around skateboarding.

This is where the game really shines. Online play is amazing. Play with friends, play against people you don't know, who cares.

10/10. BUY THIS GAME
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyskater View Post
    how do you know it was human shit?
    did it taste different or something?
    www.skateass.com join
    http://www.boardzero.com/shawn/ Join or die. (xx360flipxx is my username)

Title
    BBS

Quote Originally Posted by 360flipmaster View Post
    EA SKATE.

Xbox 360, PS3.
    Rated T?

STORY
    You start off in a cutscene showing a guy doing a trick down a handrail, going into the street, and being hit by a bus. The intro video shows the cast of pros acting out roles, such as ambulance driver (p-rod), business people on the street, doctors, and all kinds of stuff. You wake up and are reconstructed (which is when you create your skater). You're camera guy helps you get "rehabilitated" to skating, which is when you learn the FLICK-IT controls (greatest thing in skateboarding video games since tony hawk's games), you are an unkown skater trying to become pro...seems old and tired but the game is amazing. you try to get onto the cover of Transworld skateboarding and some other mag that i don't remember the name.... you compete in tourneys, can get sponsored, a ton of sponsors, and make skate videos anytime and upload them onto the internet via Live or ps3's crappy internet system...whatever.

GRAPHICS
    Amazing. Look like they are through a grainy filter giving the game a rough look. You can tell who the skaters are just by looking at them.

PLAYABILITY
    Open city, set in San Vanelona, a fake city that is structured around skateboarding.

This is where the game really shines. Online play is amazing. Play with friends, play against people you don't know, who cares.

10/10. BUY THIS GAME

a ten?

i love this game to death but

awkward pedestrians?
    no getting off the board?
    rough physics/gravity sometimes?
    no girls?

Title
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by skateTILLdeath21 View Post
    a ten?

i love this game to death but

awkward pedestrians?
    no getting off the board?
    rough physics/gravity sometimes?
    no girls?
    I remember reading before the game about the getting off the board and girls. They said that it would have taken months longer for the game to come out to put in walking, or they could half ass skating and walking to include them both. It's a skating game, so obviously they'd much rather have the skating near perfect and no walking as opposed to meehhh both.

And the girls, programing the extra physics for there different body types would have taken months longer as well.

I think it's great the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by xCxCxHx View Post
    hot > cute

puppies are cute. you gona fuck a puppy, pervs?

Title
    Perma Banned
    Kanagawa, Japan Status: i am your BLACK CHRIST

Well create a skaters limited piss poor selection is nothing great. Hell TH games had more and better picks in everything. I know this is user created on how he feels about the game it doesn't deserve a 10.

Title
    Respected User

San Vanelona is based of San Francisco, Vancouver, and Barcelona, both in look and name.

Title
    Respected User

BIOSHOCK

Rated M

I am in no way a "gamer", but I am currently playing the Bioshock story mode for the third time through on Xbox 360
    Bioshock, in my opinion, is THE best game ever to exist
    I will evaluate...

STORY...
    Oh my God, probably the best part of this game is the story. This could easily be a book or movie, the story is so immersive. I get caught up in this game, the story is so well written, so many twists and turns, I have never felt this way about a video game before, keeps your attention the entire time... 10/10 story.

GRAPHICS...
    The graphics in this game are unbelievable. So much water in this game, and it all drips and moves along the floors and runs down stairs so beautifully. Everything you hit can react, chip, or break. The art deco style of the game is wonderful,... 10/10 graphics.

GAMEPLAY...
    Through the plasmids on your left hand (shooting fire, electricity, etc.) and a great selection of weapons on your right hand, Bioshock is always fun in finding ways to destroy your environment and people. Runs smoothly, barely any glitches... 10/10 gameplay.

10/10

I don't know what else to say about this game, just go play it, it's the best

Title
    Respected User

hitman blood money
    ps2
    this games the shit. endless possibilities to get the missions done. doesnt take long to beat but youll replay the missions 50 times cause there so many ways to do it
    MIND YO MOTHAFUCKIN BUSINESS, AND LET A THUG SMOKE

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Skatenjoi View Post
    BIOSHOCK

Rated M

I am in no way a "gamer", but I am currently playing the Bioshock story mode for the third time through on Xbox 360
    Bioshock, in my opinion, is THE best game ever to exist
    I will evaluate...

STORY...
    Oh my God, probably the best part of this game is the story. This could easily be a book or movie, the story is so immersive. I get caught up in this game, the story is so well written, so many twists and turns, I have never felt this way about a video game before, keeps your attention the entire time... 10/10 story.

GRAPHICS...
    The graphics in this game are unbelievable. So much water in this game, and it all drips and moves along the floors and runs down stairs so beautifully. Everything you hit can react, chip, or break. The art deco style of the game is wonderful,... 10/10 graphics.

GAMEPLAY...
    Through the plasmids on your left hand (shooting fire, electricity, etc.) and a great selection of weapons on your right hand, Bioshock is always fun in finding ways to destroy your environment and people. Runs smoothly, barely any glitches... 10/10 gameplay.

10/10

I don't know what else to say about this game, just go play it, it's the best

PLAY THIS GAMe
    REPOSt

Title

Need for Speed: Shift

Story
    Theres not much of a story to it, unlike their last release of Most Wanted, but with it being all track racing a story isn't really needed. Your main goal is to win the NFS World Cup which you'll be able to unlock when you gain 250 stars.

Additions to Shift
    This is where EA took the series to a new level, they added in a point system that gives you points to see how you race, theres Precision points and theres Aggression points. Percision points is gain by clean passes, mastering corners, and staying on the racing lines, while Aggression is gained by hitting cars, dirty overtakes, corner slides and blocking cars behind you.

They also added in driver levels which the point systems adds to get to a new driver level. To add this is the first NFS game that is more focused on simulation racing rather then Arcade racing style which was driving this game into the ground after the release of Need for Speed Underground 2. Games like Pro Street, Carbon, and Most Wanted where 3 of the worst games on consoles, as 5-1-0 was on the PSP.

Car customization
    This game adds a bit of customization to it, you can use pre-made templates that have a bit of a street look to the cars or you can spend hours from a blank canvas adding vinyls that you unlock as you gain higher drivel levels. Only down side is you can't really create a custom paint job to the car, which is something they need to add in the next game.

Graphics
    The game does look great in the views of past releases in the series but its a long way off from Froza and Gran Turismo. To give the game credit it does have a great detail on the in game camera view that shows fully working dashboard visuals and real time shifting in sync with the engine sounds.

^PC screen shot, nowhere as great on PS3 and 360

New Features
    Apart from driver level, they added badges such as bronze, silver, gold, and master. You earn them in game such as 250 perfect launch, 250 clean overtakes, 100 opponent cars drafting, etc. You'll slowing get them from just playing to win.

Theres a few more but I don't feel like adding them all in, to be honest the game would have been better if they didn't add them in, the game is enough of a time waster from the amount of races in them.

Tracks
    This is where the game gets boring, they felt the need to add in only 18 tracks so the 80+ races will be on the same tracks but with different cars, something that gets old really fast, more so when its a very, very short and small track such as Ebisu South. It would have been better if they took tracks from Pro Street and Carbon along with the 18 tracks which some are from Pro Street, like the worst drifting track Tokyo Shipyard.

Car Selection
    This is one of the best car selections in the series, you can get some of the most famous cars that have been seen in other racing series and past releases such as the BMW M3 E46, Lotus Elies, Porsche Cayman S, Nissan GT-R Spec V R35, and the Pagani Zonda F. You can even unlock rare cars such as the Shelby Terlingua Ford Mustang and for the first time since Need For Speed's Porsche Unleashed in 2000 the newest 911 GT3 the 911 GT3 RSR. But the real goal is to reach level 50 to unlock Aston Marin's Racing DBR9.

Overal the game is a great fresh new take on a racing series many say died after Underground and are passing up on a very playable great handling game. The handling is a lot better, drifting is a bit harder and more realistic then in the past, and the AI will be harder with each teir you unlock. Myself Im having a hard time in the NFS World Cup race with Zonda F.

Soundtrack
    By far the worse music I have ever heard in a game, sadly theres no custom music for PS3 so its best to turn the music off and just listen to the sound of the engines or just listen to music from a stereo our headphones anything but the game's soundtrack.

I would highly recommend any fan of racing games to at least rent it and give it a shot, I was really not looking forward to play it myself, as I too feel the game has been overdone and a pile of crap after Underground 1. I only checked out Pro Street in hopes it would be a lot better, but with unrealistic drifting and races I quickly returned it for Grid. I don't listen to reviews but after being blown away with how much better this game was then the past games Ive found IGN gave it a 9, Playstation gave it a 9, Xbox gave it a 9, and X-Play gave it a 5/5.

THE RAINBOW PIERROT cd out 8/14/2010

Title
    Respected User

Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 (I think that's all)
    Rating: M
    Play experience: Haven't started campaign, don't plan to. Online is cool.
    I've got to say, Bad Company 2's online is really fun. The controls are a little weird but they're a little more realistic than Call of Duty's if you think about it. You can't strafe and run around a car at the same time, you actually have to turn. Unfortunately, your character has an odd sense of being obese. When you go through doorways, it's hard not to clip the side. Plus when you do hit the side of it it jumps around and freaks out until you get it right. Otherwise, there's a shitload of weapons compared to COD, and the guns are really fun and satisfying to shoot in my opinion. Call of Duty's guns all seemed to be similar in shooting mechanics and Bad Company 2 has some really fun shooting mechanics. Plus the destructible environments add a whole new twist to the gameplay. I haven't played campaign yet but online is top notch, although i'm not even rank 1 yet. Still a blast.

Title
    Resident idiot or so I thougt

May as well throw this here...

Got a copy of Boarderlands for the 360. In all, I completed the main story line with a small bit of sidequests in 20 hours..

I had read good things about this on SBC a few times, so I was excited when I got it.. Now.. I don't understand the hype. The gameplay itself wasn't horrible, but the quests certainly are. They're almost all trivial tasks such as gathering food for some jerkoff and running back and forth dropping items off.

The AI is poorly made. There are very little people you can interact with, and when you do, you don't really get shit out of them.. There's just no point in talking to somebody unless it's for the sake of a quest. There are, as advertised, a LOT of guns in the game.. But they are all basically the same few weapons with minor changes.. The weapons stop feeling new pretty early into the game. The shop system also fucking sucks. The entire time I played it, I had no real reason to pay attention to how much cash I had.

What the fuck were people raving about?

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Iskatehard View Post
    May as well throw this here...

Got a copy of Boarderlands for the 360. In all, I completed the main story line with a small bit of sidequests in 20 hours..

I had read good things about this on SBC a few times, so I was excited when I got it.. Now.. I don't understand the hype. The gameplay itself wasn't horrible, but the quests certainly are. They're almost all trivial tasks such as gathering food for some jerkoff and running back and forth dropping items off.

The AI is poorly made. There are very little people you can interact with, and when you do, you don't really get shit out of them.. There's just no point in talking to somebody unless it's for the sake of a quest. There are, as advertised, a LOT of guns in the game.. But they are all basically the same few weapons with minor changes.. The weapons stop feeling new pretty early into the game. The shop system also fucking sucks. The entire time I played it, I had no real reason to pay attention to how much cash I had.

What the fuck were people raving about?
    The game was decent not as great as everyone says it is. But What I hated most about the game was why did they choose cell shading? Cell shading sucks for games like that, it was alright for X Blades and perfect for Valkyria Chronicles.

Title
    Respected User

First post in here since december, but I heard Portal 2 is sick.

Title
    Respected User

oh my god portal 2 is freaking hilarious

Title

I guess since this is a sticky, it wouldn't hurt to post now, and I don't feel like making a new thread for this.

I'm deciding on a new RPG to play for PS3. I have played Fallout 3 before but on 360 so it'd require a new copy, but I would go with the Game of the Year Edition with the 5 extra DLC packs. So Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Never played), or something else? Any recommendations would be awesome.

Title

bump

I'm nearing the end of Persona 3 Portable, I kinda wish it had a FES installment, but I got that for the ps2 for later.
    Persona 4 Arena is really fun. I give it a 10/10, haven't tried online play yet.

Title
    Respected User

Nice bump. Im currently playing through LoZ: Twilight Princess for the Wii.

The story focuses on Link, who tries to prevent Hyrule from being engulfed by a corrupted parallel dimension known as the Twilight Realm. To do so, he takes the forms of both a hylian and a wolf, and is assisted by a mysterious creature named Midna. The game takes place approximately 100 years after Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, in an alternate timeline from The Wind Waker.

The gameplay is really fun, being able to use the wiimote and nuncchuck as a sword and shield is great. The graphics are grainy and rugged, and it really adds a dark vibe throughout the game. The puzzles are so much fun and some are ridiculously challenging. (Especially the water temple) Only thing about this game is that the controls are a little glitchy and the camera view gets distorted sometimes for important places you need to look.

8.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    U beyond 4Loko. U 10Loko boiiii

Title
    Respected User

you really are bored, arent you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaterTillDeath View Post
    Get Rad with the Lord, Matt.

Title
    \_(ツ)_/

Fuck collecting tears though.
    Chase Gabor tied a kid down and sodomized him with a screwdriver.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by mrkd. matt View Post
    you really are bored, arent you?
    pretty much. this shit sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_unknown_soldier View Post
    Fuck collecting tears though.
    furreally doe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    U beyond 4Loko. U 10Loko boiiii

Title

Skate 3.Best skate game ive ever played.Harcore mode.Amazing :D

Anyone playing WildStar? I just reviewed it today for the site I'm an Editor at. I gave it a 9.0/10.

I play on Widow as Dominion if anyone wants to join me.

Title

Skateable is a fun game. It's for Android and iOS. The app recognises tricks as you toss your phone:D