Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramp thread

Title

Here's my ramp, I built the 4 foot about a year and a half ago then put the 2 foot crossing it like an x. But too many people were getting hit in the middle so i added a vert wall with two foot of vert and put the two foot next to it.I am planning to built a sawmill this summer cut some lumber put a building and a spine on it and masonite.It cost about 8 hundred to build and the vert wall and two foot were made from an old pool deck.It is all treated so it should last a while.

Rock to fakie on the vert wall because noone believes it is possible to do anything on something with 2 foot of tranny and 2 foot of vert.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by T_D View Post
    Here's my ramp, I built the 4 foot about a year and a half ago then put the 2 foot crossing it like an x. But too many people were getting hit in the middle so i added a vert wall with two foot of vert and put the two foot next to it.I am planning to built a sawmill this summer cut some lumber put a building and a spine on it and masonite.It cost about 8 hundred to build and the vert wall and two foot were made from an old pool deck.It is all treated so it should last a while.

Rock to fakie on the vert wall because noone believes it is possible to do anything on something with 2 foot of tranny and 2 foot of vert.

that looks so goddamn tight.
    im thinking of building a small mini... if i really pinched my money, whats the cheapest u think i could make one for?

Title

If you want to do it rite with 2 sheets of 3/8 inch plywood for sheating about 6 hundren for treated and 4 hundred untreated.Mine was so cheap because all i really bought was the frame for the four foot and the sheating for all of it. And the top layer of the sheating should be sanded and filled so it will cost about 4 bucks more a sheet. I dont know what that other kid was talking about sand ing the top layer himself that would take forever and you could not sand the knot holes out and would not be cost efficent to buy that much wood putty.

Title
    Respected User

^ I might do that

Title
    Perma Banned

Woah TD that looks soo sick

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z View Post

my box, i need to put a 1/8" sheet of masonite on top of it for it to be flush with the coping, because it sticks out.

my 4' mini ramp. I'm gunna add on to it soon

I got my plans for the mini ramp from www.rickdahlen.com
    SWEET! i plan to use your plans i got a big yard!

Skateaholic, your friend is pretty well-off or has a job?

Title

Cool thanx 4 the ideas

Title

i really want to build a mini pipe in my back yard. thats what i am best at skating. my driveway is soooo rough and my dad just built the basement. it used to be just cement where my old halfpipe was and where i put all my factor x stuff.

Title

Default yeah

i built a 3' tranny and it works to learn easy stuff on like blunts and such...i wanna build a 4' bank soon too...should be fun

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over
    The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others

Title
    i'm a aussie, i live at the base of mt buller in vic

I work as a skate ramp builder(fuck it's a good job) so feel free to ask me any q.s u may have about building ramps, boxes, ect. BUT I"M NOT MAKING UP FULL RAMP PLANS i may make up a small piece of a ramp just to so some one how to do some thing, BUT NO FULL BIG PLANS!!
    Skating is life and without life there is no skating.

<table width="200" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="white"><tr><td><iframe src="http://www.familyguyquotes.com/random.php?num=3" width="200" height="225">Random <a href="http://www.familyguyquotes.com/">Family Guy Quotes</a>.</iframe></td></tr><tr>

Title

What can I do with 5 or 6 five foot planks of wood, a couple of 2X4's and a few sheets of plywood?

Title
    Respected User

How high should I have my box and how wide. I was thinking about 1 foot high and 2-3 feet wide. What do you guys think?

Title

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiRider25 View Post
    How high should I have my box and how wide. I was thinking about 1 foot high and 2-3 feet wide. What do you guys think?
    It depends on the type of box.
    Quote Originally Posted by DomPy View Post
    my dick is so big, if i laid it out on the keyboard it would go from A to Z.

EDIT: fuck....

Title
    Perma Banned

If you have lots and lots of wood like the guy posted it did above somewhere then just use your imagination to think of what would be fun to skate, maybe a fun box a tranny a kicker anything you can think of, and then just imagine all the wood and how you can cut it and just think how it's going to fit together.

If I had 4 sheets of ply and 6 planks I could maybe put 2 planks on the sides and nail/screw them to a piece of ply and then it would be like a box like shape then maybe I would put sides on it and make good box out of it with coping and all. Just look up some plans and see what you want to make if you don't have an imagination.

Title

my box is 11" high and 23" wide
    i like it

Title

Thanks for the replys guys. If you need help on anything just ask me. For the dude who wants to know what to built it all depends on how thick the plywood is. Anything 3/4 of an inch or bigger you could use for sides and 3/8 is good for top sheating.

Title

Title

Quote Originally Posted by cire9753 View Post
    Nice, wish I had somthing like that, but my dad won't let me for some reason. I think it's because he just doesn't know how.

Title

oh man those ramps are awesome!

Title

if i wanted to make a 2 foot mini with a pretty mellow trannys how long should the flat bottom and trannys be
    ?

Title

I'm building a Grindbox tomorrow and On this section of the forum they used to have a site of like the exact mesurements now I searchs and It seems that has been deleted anyone have the site link?

thanks

Title
    Respected User

^^^^^^ just get 2 X 4's and make it like 7 feet long by 2.5 feet wide. That should be good. Or mabye even 3 feet wide if you have room.

Title
    Perma Banned

^and about 1-3 feet high.

Title

I'm building a quarter pipe, how big should I make it?