Thread: ACE vs INDY

Title

Default ACE vs INDY

I'm making this review because I really wanted some specific information about ace based off experience that I couldn't really find online, so maybe this will help someone like me who is thinking of switching from indy to ace. I've been skating indy 149 and 159s for many years and I've noticed a lot of older heads skating aces on their park setups so I got curious.

To be upfront, I still like indys better. I bought the 8.5 inch ace "44"s to compare with indy 149s and tried them both on the same anti hero 8.6 deck to compare.

Turning: aces turn slightly quicker than indy I think, but not nearly as nicely if that makes sense. With indy, I feel like its much easier to control exactly how much you turn and much easier to tighten the trucks to your exact preference. With ace, I felt like once you turn, your really turning and that its hard to adjust your kingpin to get your preferred tightness. Maybe that just me though.

Grinding: Not much to say here, I don't notice any difference between how the two trucks grind personally. I would say the difference between well grinded down indys and new indys is more significant than the difference between new ace or new indys. Simple as that.

Weight: If ace is considered a light truck, than i don't understand all the nonsense about indy being a heavy truck. The difference was so minor. I just think that 8.6 inch setups are kind of heavy, end of story.

Overall feel(which i think is the most important): Indys feel so much better to me. some how, whether its tre flips, carving bowls, or mini ramp sessions, Indy just has it. Ace is probably a good second best in line, but I really think you should stick with your indys. For some reason, flip tricks just felt a little weird with ace, I couldn't pop consistently, carving was less natural. Its hard to explain it, but indy is so comfortable while ace is just not quite.

I don't know what else to say, please ask questions if your thinking about going to aces and I can try to answer them.

Title

also wanted to add that indy felt overall higher quality as far as build goes

Title

I had a pair of Indy 139 Stage 9s and two pairs of Indy 139 Stage 10s. For Ace I had the 33s and the 03s. For Ace I had very noticeable axle slip on both the 33 and the 03. I still use the 03s though. I now got used to looser trucks so I can't say anything about comparing Indy's to Ace's in turning. I would be down to try Indys again but since I'm good with the Aces I have now I wouldn't drop cash for a set.
    o|-<]:

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Im CRA Z! View Post
    I had a pair of Indy 139 Stage 9s and two pairs of Indy 139 Stage 10s. For Ace I had the 33s and the 03s. For Ace I had very noticeable axle slip on both the 33 and the 03. I still use the 03s though. I now got used to looser trucks so I can't say anything about comparing Indy's to Ace's in turning. I would be down to try Indys again but since I'm good with the Aces I have now I wouldn't drop cash for a set.
    I think they're both very very similar, so I wouldn't switch from one to the other in general. I do think the indys seem a little nicer tho overall but can't go wrong either way

Title

I recently got a pair of ace 44's(with the redesigned hanger). I've been playing around with bushing combos and can't seem to figure them out. They turn sharp, which I love, but they are way too responsive and twitchy. With my indy's, although the turns weren't as sharp as aces, I had FULL control of everything especially when bombing hills. I have switched the stock pivot cups too, so I would like someone's advice.

Title

skated thunders , indy , indy , thunder and now ace with a thunder low baseplate

overall ace is better imho