Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. #1
    thefletch13's Avatar
    Title
    Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,167

    Default Ramped Slow Mo FAQ.

    THIS THREAD HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH CSKATEBOARDING'S TUTORIAL INCASE MINE DID NOT HELP YOU

    I made this to stop a future of "can you ramp slomo in Vegas" threads and all that shit.

    But TF13, what the fuck is a ramped slowmo?

    A ramped slowmo is a type of slowmo that you can basically say is "smooth". The clip's speed gradually reduces and then gradually gains to make a slow effect.

    EXAMPLE LOL: http://skatetek.net/v8up/files/356/M...eanandslow.MOV

    Can I make make a ramped slowmo in vegas?

    NO

    what programs can do ramped slowmo's?

    Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Express/Pro

    how do I make ramped slowmo in AFTER EFFECTS 6.0

    1: Make a new composition

    2: Import your clip and drag it onto the timeline

    3: Press Alt Ctrl T to Enable Time Remapping (this will cause two keyframes to appear on the beginning and end of the clip)

    4: Move the scrub line to where you want to insert a keyframe and then click the box next to "Time Remapping" under the clip name. You need TWO keyframes, one when the skater pops his trick in the video, and one after he lands.

    5: Press Shift and click the last 2 keyframes (landing keyframe and end keyframe) now drag the two keyframes over to the right. NOTE: if you havent set your timeline length (seconds) to atleast 1 second longer than the clip itself, go to "Compostion Settings" and do it before you move the keyframes over.

    6:Click the drop down arrow next to "Time Remapping" and click where the two middle keyframes ('pop' keyframe and 'land' keyframe). Notice that square bowl type thing? chyeeeeeeeah boiiii, you gotta click on one of those sides, and make the square into a bowl shape.

    7: Now RAM preview it and make sure your happy with it.

    8: Now, this is important, go to Composition > Add To Render Que

    9: Now select "Composition Settings" and select ALL of the settings in this picture: http://skateperception.com/instructional/ramp13.jpg

    10: After you're done with that, Select "Output Settings" and select ALL of the settings in this picture: http://skateperception.com/instructional/ramp14.jpg

    11: After that, go to "Output to" and select your destination. Hit render and wait for it to finish, then watch your wonderful editing skills!

    if you're confused about Ramping in AE6, consult this video (curtousy of Tomiger RoPort):http://media.putfile.com/Tomigerissteez

    oh, and btw, I wrote ALL of this.
    Last edited by thefletch13; 08-03-2006 at 03:43 PM.

  2. #2

    Title
    Respected User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    783

    Default Another Ramped SlowMo Tut - Images

    THIS IS IN NO WAY MENT TO BE USED OVER THEFLETCH13'S TUTORIAL ON TIME REMAPPING. THIS WAS POSTED INCASE SOMEONE DOESNT UNDERSTAND AND WORKS BETTER BY LOOKING AT PICTURES. THEFLETCH13'S TUTORIAL CAN BE VIEWED HERE: http://skateboard-city.com/messagebo...ad.php?t=59531



    I took this off my website, which I wrote the tutorial for: FilteredFilms.com. For more After Effects tutorials, check it out.


    First off, this is quite a long tutorial, but alot of it is just lovely images for your eyes to feast on. Enjoy.
    Step 1: Open Adobe After Effects, and make a new composition by clicking Composition<New Composition or hitting CTRL + N on your keyboard (Windows).



    Step 2: Import the video clip you would like to add time remapping to.



    Step 3: Now you want to drag the file you just imported onto the new composition, because without doing that, you'll have nothing to edit. So, go to the imported files and drag it right onto the composition.

    <br>Click it to enlarge.

    Step 4: Now, you'll want to drag the work area end to the end of your clip, or you'll end up getting blank black video at the end of your video clip when you render it.



    Step 5:
    Now you'll most likely want to enable time remapping, because, if you don't, whats the point of this tutorial?



    Step 6: Now you'll need to add keyframes to the time remapping, so, scrub to where you want to start slowing down the video, and add a keyframe by clicking the little box all the way in the left column of the timeline, next to Time Remapping effect.


    Click it to enlarge.

    Step 7: Now that you have your keyframes there and doing absolutely nothing, you'll need to give them a job, and that job is to start remapping the time, obviously. So, click the keyframe where the remapping stops, and the keyframe at the very end of the video clip (SHIFT + click to select both) and drag them to the right until you get a nice dip in the time remapping line. It should have dipped between the two time remapping keyframes you added.



    Step 8: You'll want to round off the dip to make it a nice, smooth transition, so click on the first time remapping keyframe and handles on the keyframe line should appear. Drag them up to make them rounded, you may have to mess around with it for a little while to get the hang of it.




    Click it to enlarge.

    Now, finally, your done with the editing, so all you need to do is export it... WHOA, not to fast there buddy, you need to enable audio on it or there will be none of that cooool sound your looking for. So, here's how to render.

    Step 9: Click Composition<Add To Render Queue and it should bring up a rendering settings window.



    Continued in next posttt.
    Last edited by CSkateBoarding; 08-03-2006 at 11:09 AM.
    flickr.com/choernig

  3. #3

    Title
    Respected User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    783

    Default contd....

    In that render window, click the word Lossless down at the bottom, that will bring up another window which allows you to edit the audio rendering.



    Click the checkbox next to Audio Output and that will enable the audio to be outputted into the rendered video, obviously.



    Click OK once you do that.



    Once it's rendered, find the folder you rendered it to and have a look.
    flickr.com/choernig

  4. #4

    Title
    Respected User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Wow, if I had adobe after effects I would now know how to do a ramped slo mo. (And no im not asking for it.)

    Quote Originally Posted by hesh not fresh
    a soggy 2x4 and your moms old roller skates duct taped to it doesn't qualify as a skateboard.
    96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your profile if you're one of the 4% who will

    My footy and more to come. http://www.putfile.com/coreyhuck

  5. #5
    Ifilmhammers's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Norf Crime-o-lina
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er8181 the second View Post
    i just got ae
    but mine doesnt have that drag down thing on time remapping
    for the sound to make it go smooth
    Post a screenshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JIAF
    " PUTTING YOUR CAMERA ON "AUTO" AND TRYING TO FILM IS LIKE THROWING ANY POSSIBLE GOOD FOOTY YOU ARE TRYING TO GET INTO THE PITS OF HELL! AUTO FOCUS IS SATAN HIMSELF! "

  6. #6
    sk8er8181 the second's Avatar
    Title
    Respected User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    haystack california 510
    Posts
    883

    Default

    i just got ae
    but mine doesnt have that drag down thing on time remapping
    for the sound to make it go smooth

  7. #7
    cody weber's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SK801 UTAH
    Posts
    466

    Default

    thanks alot this helped sooooo much!!

  8. #8
    bleedingboy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    philippines | china
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefletch13 View Post
    THIS THREAD HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH CSKATEBOARDING'S TUTORIAL INCASE MINE DID NOT HELP YOU

    I made this to stop a future of "can you ramp slomo in Vegas" threads and all that shit.

    But TF13, what the fuck is a ramped slowmo?

    A ramped slowmo is a type of slowmo that you can basically say is "smooth". The clip's speed gradually reduces and then gradually gains to make a slow effect.

    EXAMPLE LOL: http://skatetek.net/v8up/files/356/M...eanandslow.MOV

    Can I make make a ramped slowmo in vegas?

    NO

    what programs can do ramped slowmo's?

    Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Express/Pro

    how do I make ramped slowmo in AFTER EFFECTS 6.0

    1: Make a new composition

    2: Import your clip and drag it onto the timeline

    3: Press Alt Ctrl T to Enable Time Remapping (this will cause two keyframes to appear on the beginning and end of the clip)

    4: Move the scrub line to where you want to insert a keyframe and then click the box next to "Time Remapping" under the clip name. You need TWO keyframes, one when the skater pops his trick in the video, and one after he lands.

    5: Press Shift and click the last 2 keyframes (landing keyframe and end keyframe) now drag the two keyframes over to the right. NOTE: if you havent set your timeline length (seconds) to atleast 1 second longer than the clip itself, go to "Compostion Settings" and do it before you move the keyframes over.

    6:Click the drop down arrow next to "Time Remapping" and click where the two middle keyframes ('pop' keyframe and 'land' keyframe). Notice that square bowl type thing? chyeeeeeeeah boiiii, you gotta click on one of those sides, and make the square into a bowl shape.

    7: Now RAM preview it and make sure your happy with it.

    8: Now, this is important, go to Composition > Add To Render Que

    9: Now select "Composition Settings" and select ALL of the settings in this picture: http://skateperception.com/instructional/ramp13.jpg

    10: After you're done with that, Select "Output Settings" and select ALL of the settings in this picture: http://skateperception.com/instructional/ramp14.jpg

    11: After that, go to "Output to" and select your destination. Hit render and wait for it to finish, then watch your wonderful editing skills!

    if you're confused about Ramping in AE6, consult this video (curtousy of Tomiger RoPort):http://media.putfile.com/Tomigerissteez

    oh, and btw, I wrote ALL of this.

    Can I make make a ramped slowmo in vegas?

    seeing the video clip, YES YOU CAN. i'd like to correct you on this. it's just a matter of HOW you do it. but most of all this can be done, and in fact easier to do since, SONY as we know it, makes their interface easier to understand for users that are a bit, well... brain-dead.
    deck | enjoi | bag of suck | panda piggiebackride
    trucks | destructo
    wheels | 50 ones
    bearings | cheap abec 7 decathlon bearings with shield
    shoes | dc shoes | breaker | heavy skating
    lakai | lakoston | posing shoes

  9. #9
    VX1000VE's Avatar
    Title
    Respected User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedingboy View Post
    Can I make make a ramped slowmo in vegas?

    seeing the video clip, YES YOU CAN. i'd like to correct you on this. it's just a matter of HOW you do it. but most of all this can be done, and in fact easier to do since, SONY as we know it, makes their interface easier to understand for users that are a bit, well... brain-dead.
    Well yeah, you can make a 'ramped slow-mo', but it's just shitty and not a true ramped slowmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by machinetoy View Post
    i knew it was vx1000ve when i saw the accels

  10. #10
    bleedingboy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    philippines | china
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VX1000VE View Post
    Well yeah, you can make a 'ramped slow-mo', but it's just shitty and not a true ramped slowmo.
    i hate to disagree with you or prove you wrong, but to tell you something i can make it but the only thing is i don't know how to go down a ramp or know anyone who goes down a ramp. i can use a dv camera, the cheapest one, and yet i can imagine how to create that video. and even better.

    first you need color correction, you'll need to adjust several things regarding alpha and gamma. it has something to do with those things. clarity sometimes would mean you reduce color, too much color would literally make it explode.

    as we call it. SABOG [sah - bowg]

    *sabog - exploding, explode, exploded [now you know filipino language]

    here's my tip. after effect, only makes you think you'll need them, but the truth is the word itself "EFFECT", that's all it does. gives effect. correcting the video takes skills. you should try to experiment or read some good articles. i know you've probably experimented on things, seeing your avatar that you've got a video camera, is that a fish eye by the way? anyway...
    try to experiment. i'll try to share some infos on how to get some cool rendering using vegas. i'm not familiar, well dislike adobe premiere, for monopolizing graphics, sound and video editing softwares, but hey, they do make a good software. but anyway. vegas is still cool. also almost every plug-in you use for after effect or premiere, can be used or has an alternative video plug-in to vegas too.
    deck | enjoi | bag of suck | panda piggiebackride
    trucks | destructo
    wheels | 50 ones
    bearings | cheap abec 7 decathlon bearings with shield
    shoes | dc shoes | breaker | heavy skating
    lakai | lakoston | posing shoes

  11. #11
    cody weber's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SK801 UTAH
    Posts
    466

    Default

    i did every thing in this but when its all done i looked at the clip and it looked really skipy does anyone know why?

  12. #12
    VX1000VE's Avatar
    Title
    Respected User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cody weber View Post
    i did every thing in this but when its all done i looked at the clip and it looked really skipy does anyone know why?
    you probably made the "bowl" WAY too "deep" after it gets below a certain point it gets all choppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by machinetoy View Post
    i knew it was vx1000ve when i saw the accels

  13. #13
    VX1000VE's Avatar
    Title
    Respected User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedingboy View Post
    i hate to disagree with you or prove you wrong, but to tell you something i can make it but the only thing is i don't know how to go down a ramp or know anyone who goes down a ramp. i can use a dv camera, the cheapest one, and yet i can imagine how to create that video. and even better.

    first you need color correction, you'll need to adjust several things regarding alpha and gamma. it has something to do with those things. clarity sometimes would mean you reduce color, too much color would literally make it explode.

    as we call it. SABOG [sah - bowg]

    *sabog - exploding, explode, exploded [now you know filipino language]

    here's my tip. after effect, only makes you think you'll need them, but the truth is the word itself "EFFECT", that's all it does. gives effect. correcting the video takes skills. you should try to experiment or read some good articles. i know you've probably experimented on things, seeing your avatar that you've got a video camera, is that a fish eye by the way? anyway...
    try to experiment. i'll try to share some infos on how to get some cool rendering using vegas. i'm not familiar, well dislike adobe premiere, for monopolizing graphics, sound and video editing softwares, but hey, they do make a good software. but anyway. vegas is still cool. also almost every plug-in you use for after effect or premiere, can be used or has an alternative video plug-in to vegas too.
    Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? You're talking about color correction; this is a thread for a Ramped Slowmo. And After Effects is a damn good program if you wanna make a sick title or something that involves one clip.

    And seriously, only fags with Vegas use Color correction (no offense, but Vegas sucks) If you knew how to set/use your video camera and you used a better program than Vegas you wouldn't need color correction unless you TRULY needed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by machinetoy View Post
    i knew it was vx1000ve when i saw the accels

  14. #14
    cody weber's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SK801 UTAH
    Posts
    466

    Default

    thanks man that did it

  15. #15
    bleedingboy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    philippines | china
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VX1000VE View Post
    Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? You're talking about color correction; this is a thread for a Ramped Slowmo. And After Effects is a damn good program if you wanna make a sick title or something that involves one clip.

    And seriously, only fags with Vegas use Color correction (no offense, but Vegas sucks) If you knew how to set/use your video camera and you used a better program than Vegas you wouldn't need color correction unless you TRULY needed it.
    your gear doesn't really give you what you dream. you dream your ideas, how you create it. and yes all things need color correction. speed tends to create a streaking light, it then explode. anyway. you have your own weapon, i have my own weapon of choice. but with what you're saying regarding vegas sucking? well it's your own opinion.

    but the bottom line is. who creates the idea and manipulates the machine, the software... that's the part that's important. how you dream and make that dream into actual realization.

    but here i am to prove you wrong on your idea regarding vegas. you only say it based on your opinion and not an actual fact. what i'm saying is, these video softwares your accusing of UNABLE to do such thing, could actually do what you're telling people they can't. a mis-information on things. even other softwares. do check on it. rather than post. they can't. adobe does the trick too, i didn't say they don't. this thread is misinformative. that's all.
    deck | enjoi | bag of suck | panda piggiebackride
    trucks | destructo
    wheels | 50 ones
    bearings | cheap abec 7 decathlon bearings with shield
    shoes | dc shoes | breaker | heavy skating
    lakai | lakoston | posing shoes

  16. #16
    cody weber's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SK801 UTAH
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedingboy View Post
    your gear doesn't really give you what you dream. you dream your ideas, how you create it. and yes all things need color correction. speed tends to create a streaking light, it then explode. anyway. you have your own weapon, i have my own weapon of choice. but with what you're saying regarding vegas sucking? well it's your own opinion.

    but the bottom line is. who creates the idea and manipulates the machine, the software... that's the part that's important. how you dream and make that dream into actual realization.

    but here i am to prove you wrong on your idea regarding vegas. you only say it based on your opinion and not an actual fact. what i'm saying is, these video softwares your accusing of UNABLE to do such thing, could actually do what you're telling people they can't. a mis-information on things. even other softwares. do check on it. rather than post. they can't. adobe does the trick too, i didn't say they don't. this thread is misinformative. that's all.
    EMO!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    cody weber's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SK801 UTAH
    Posts
    466

    Default

    ya so when i made the bowl not as deep the video was still really skipy!

  18. #18
    bleedingboy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    philippines | china
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cody weber View Post
    EMO!!!!!!!!!!
    TANGA!!!!!!!!!!
    deck | enjoi | bag of suck | panda piggiebackride
    trucks | destructo
    wheels | 50 ones
    bearings | cheap abec 7 decathlon bearings with shield
    shoes | dc shoes | breaker | heavy skating
    lakai | lakoston | posing shoes

  19. #19
    cody weber's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SK801 UTAH
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedingboy View Post
    TANGA!!!!!!!!!!
    ooook?

  20. #20
    bleedingboy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    philippines | china
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cody weber View Post
    ooook?
    i called you stupid in the worst way you don't want to hear. hehehehe, hahahaha. oh god. you're pathetic. it's good to know several language. damn.

    suck on this, ooook? bwahahahah.
    deck | enjoi | bag of suck | panda piggiebackride
    trucks | destructo
    wheels | 50 ones
    bearings | cheap abec 7 decathlon bearings with shield
    shoes | dc shoes | breaker | heavy skating
    lakai | lakoston | posing shoes

  21. #21
    cody weber's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SK801 UTAH
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedingboy View Post
    i called you stupid in the worst way you don't want to hear. hehehehe, hahahaha. oh god. you're pathetic. it's good to know several language. damn.

    suck on this, ooook? bwahahahah.
    why do you even post on here. we already found that you are no help to anyone so shut the hell up!!

  22. #22
    popwar guy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    My computa
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedingboy View Post
    i called you stupid in the worst way you don't want to hear. hehehehe, hahahaha. oh god. you're pathetic. it's good to know several language. damn.

    suck on this, ooook? bwahahahah.
    You made it seem it was really funny which it wasn't. Suck on what? You didn't even give a subject in that phrase.

  23. #23
    bleedingboy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    philippines | china
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popwar guy View Post
    You made it seem it was really funny which it wasn't. Suck on what? You didn't even give a subject in that phrase.
    it is funny. but wait, you're a different guy... why are you asking?
    deck | enjoi | bag of suck | panda piggiebackride
    trucks | destructo
    wheels | 50 ones
    bearings | cheap abec 7 decathlon bearings with shield
    shoes | dc shoes | breaker | heavy skating
    lakai | lakoston | posing shoes

  24. #24
    popwar guy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    My computa
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    That's your opinion other may not find it funny like me. I'm asking out of curiosity.

  25. #25
    bleedingboy's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    philippines | china
    Posts
    635

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by popwar guy View Post
    That's your opinion other may not find it funny like me. I'm asking out of curiosity.
    so... you support him or something? kinda like a buddy buddy system? wow. that's gay.
    deck | enjoi | bag of suck | panda piggiebackride
    trucks | destructo
    wheels | 50 ones
    bearings | cheap abec 7 decathlon bearings with shield
    shoes | dc shoes | breaker | heavy skating
    lakai | lakoston | posing shoes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •