Title

Default Ingrown toenail?

I have an ingrown toenail that hurts like a red hot knife under my toenail nail if it touches anything, even the top of my shoe, and obiously it is affecting my skating.
    So I was wondering if anyone knows any ways to speed up the healing process (its already been about 2 weeks) I am already soaking it in epsom salts, but this does not seem to help.
    Any help would be greatly apreciated.

And I apologize if this belongs in off topic

Title
    Hard as fuck

surgury
    most ppl i know who had ingrown toenails have goten surgury on it

Title

Oh wow, I did not know it was that serious.
    Do you mean actual, put to sleep, scalpel surgery? or do you mean, getting a doctor to cut it? If so, do you know how much that costs?

Title
    Hard as fuck

dont know if it was asleep but i know its more seriouse then a doctor just cutting it
    you sould talk to your parents or a doctor about this

Title

-Pull the skin away after a shower (Yes this will hurt like hell)
    -Then wipe some herbal vitamin C stuff on it.

Title
    Baby Face

ive had MANY ingrown toenails, i usualyl just clip the skin around it, then cut it out, then soak my foot in some kind of something, sometimes i use alcohol or proxide, and it allways goes away, idk tho, if its HORRIBLE then you probably should see a doctor

Title

its like $25 bucks i had one 3 months ago hurts like a bitch to kickflip but go to the doctor and the have this special cutter that goes under ur nail and it cut it out just like a nail clipper but it hurts alot but its the best thing to do for it oh and it takes like 5-10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by objective View Post
    i officialy dub flip skat3r:

sir gnar flip skat3er

Title

take it to the doctor, not sb-c, lol

homo sexuals are gay(geep)
    98% of kids have used or are around drugs. Put this in your signature if you like bagels.

Title

my mate got 2 ingrown toenails on both of his feet, he got surgery and while in surgery he got staf infection he was in hospital for over a month and couldnt walk for ages, u should see the pics i got of his toes soo yuck

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

yeah from what i know its either surgery if its real bad or if not go to the Doctor and he gives you pills that should heal.

Title

I had an ingrown toenail just the other week and i went to the doctor gave me antibiotics. It went away pretty quickly with the antibiotics and soaking it in salt water each night for about 2 hours. Also I have this stuff called Paw Paw Cream. Its made of fermented paw paw and it is awsome. I use it for any cuts and infections. You can get at a pharmicist or even woolworths (a sort of kmart/ grocery store in australia)

Title

Cut your nails more often next time :D
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBack? View Post
    well i just got back from a fun/weird night. Long story short, i ended up having sex with a 12 year old. I am 17. Im not sure if i should feel guilty or what.

Title

if you don't cut it quick your toe will look like Don Vito's toe

Title

yeah just kinda cut away the skin around it. also if youve got long toenials cut the tip of your toenial in the middle as far back as you can and it grows out. surgery is prob quicker

Title
    Respected User

i used to just cut the side of the toenail away that was infected. it hurts a little but if you can just bear it then it works. after that just keep soaking it in the epsom salt water, that helps to soften the toenail. then it will be easier to cut the side away. after that just make sure to cut the toenails straight, not like you would for a fingernail. i hope this helps, those can be a bitch.. good luck.

Title

Suffering from plantar fasciitis for over a year made shopping for shoe a difficult task. I had read about Orthofeet and thought I would take a gamble. They are by far the BEST shoe for me. I had cleared my pain up over the winter months and was ready to get back into my walking routine. I bought my Orthofeet and absolutely LOVE them. Can walk three miles and have no pain afterwards. My walking shoes have turned into my working shoes. I will order another pair as soon as I have time to look and decide.