Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Title

Default **tutorial of grinds and slides**

ok, well i was sick of seeing all the questions about grinds and stuff, so here is a guide that everyone can contribute to, and if you see one i left off, post your own and i will add it to my post

b/s board slide
    this is done by riding along a rail, olling and turning f/s 90 and sliding with the rail in between your trucks
    common problems:
    1.cant stay with the board, shoots out in front of me; solution: ride slower or lean forward more
    2.rail goes towards my back truck; solution: turn less on the ollie, then straighten it out on the rail

f/s boardslide
    done the exact same way as a b/s boardslide, except you are riding on the other side of the rail and turning a f/s 90. similair solutions.

tail slide
    done when you ollie and turn your body to position your tail over a rail box exc.
    exicution: ollie hard, and turn so your tail is over your attempting object. now lean all your weight on the tail, THIS WILL help you slide. if you dont have your weight on the tail, you wont slide anywhere, and more than likely fall off the object.
    common problems:
    1.not sliding; solution: put all your weight on your tail, and kinda push it forwards with your leg
    2.cant get my tail over the object; solution: this just takes alot of practice. try going at the object at different angles, and practice lipslides, they will help with the turning of the shoulders

noseslide
    this is probly one of the easiest and better looking slide tricks. this is preformed when you ollie into an object, and sliding on the nose of your board.
    exicution: start by going at a comfortable speed, parrallel to your object. now ollie, and turn your shoulders f/s. all your weight should be on your nose this time. kinda push your foot forwards, and to get off the rail, push the nose forward enough to turn b/s and off the rail
    common problems: pretty much the same as tailslide
    also can be done b/s, by reversing the directions, looks more stylish b/s

f/s lipslide
    go parallel to the object, most people think that it is easier to go at a huge angle, WRONG. bigger angle means more turn. ride with your face to the object, and pop a f/s 90. now slide a normal slie

common problems: cant get the full turn solution: just takes practice, no real secret
    this trick can be done b/s just reverse the directions. very steezy looking trick

50-50
    this is done when you ollie onto an object, and both your trucks are on the object.
    exicution: ride along parrallel to your object and ollie, and push your board with your feet over the object. stay centered over your board, and ride off
    this trick can be done f/s or b/s

5-0
    this is done when you ollie just like a 50-50 and ride on your back truck only
    exicution: ride along parrallel to your object and pop a nice high ollie. now get over your object like a 50-50 and lean back slightly, so your front truck is off the object. now grind on the object like a manual. to get off, simply turn the front of your board off the object, and your back truck will follow
    common problems
    1. front truck comes down and i do a 50-50 solution: lean back more, and try to center your wieght over your back bolts
    this can be done f/s or b/s

nose grind
    this is done very similar to a 5-0 but it is on the front truck. it helps if you know nose manuals first, just to help with balance.
    exicution: ride along parrallel to your object, and pop a really high ollie. now push you board over the object and lean forward. try to center your self over the front bolts and ride on the object like a nose manuals. to get off, push the board fowards, and kinda turn your back trucks off.
    common problems:
    1. i cant slide. solution: more speed, and dont let the nose touch the object, and you should slide better
    this can be done f/s or b/s

crooked grind
    very similar to a nosegrind. ride along, kinda at a slight angle towards your object, and pop an ollie. push your board over the object, but still at an angle. again, nose manuals are helpful. slide on your front truck, just like a nosegrind. to get off, do the same as a nose grind.
    common problems are the same as nosegrinds pretty much.

feebles:
    these are done when you ollie, and position your back trucks over the object and the rest of your board hangs off the side of the object.
    exicution: see feebles sticky.
    can be done f/s or b/s

hurricane
    f/s 180 inot a fakie feeble grind.
    exicution: ride along, parrallel to your object, or at a slight angle, what ever is comfortable to you. pop one of your highest ollies ever, and turn a very quick f/s 180. now you are going to be landing fakie on the object. now position your board so it is in feeble postion. grind, and to get off, nudge your back truck off by pushing your board forward.
    this trick takes an extreme amount of practice. can be done with a f/s 180 and it is called a barley grind

blunt slide
    these are done by olling and turning a 90 or more to position your tail on the object from the other side.
    exicution: ride at a large angle towards your object, and pop a hella high ollie. now turn a 90 or more degree angle, what ever it takes to get your tail on the object. all of your weight should be on the tail, and to get a long slide it just takes practice, that is the key to these tricks is practice

nose blunt
    this is very similar to a blunt slide, but your sliding on your nose.
    exicution: copied this from trick tips, cause i have no clue on these.
    This trick is easier to do if you know how to F/S Boardslide.
    Come up to your target setup like an Ollie with all the weight on your back foot. When you pop down make sure you know where you plan to land on the target. When you get overtop of? the target push your feet down. Try not to get too high over your target the you will lose your balance. Try to keep your balance and keep your shoulders parallel with the target. Hold on until you get close to the end of the target. Try to do a F/S 90 but don't pop. Just kind of slip out. Then get ready to land.

willy grind
    this is a feeble grind on your front truck
    exicution: ride parrallel to your object and pop an ollie. now position your front truck over the object, and let the back of your board hang off the object. grind with most of your weight on the front truck. to get off, lean forward, and nudge your front truck off and turn the back of your board off at the same time

if i am missing any, please let me know. i hope this has answered alot of questions, and if this has helped posi rep?
    if you have questions, just ask, i am more than happy to explain in more detail. also, if you want to add one, type up a description, and i will edit my post and add yours in there, with credit for you of course.
    Last edited by sk8tingblind112; 04-29-2006 at 12:23 PM.
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title
    Banned

Why don't you just tell them to go to trick tips?

Title
    Respected User

And you've got your boardslides mixed up, b/s is when you approach the object with your back facing it and you turn 90 degrees frontside. f/s is obviously the opposite. Other than that, good job.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by lutzkasong
    Why don't you just tell them to go to trick tips?
    i know, but many dont even do that, they just come straight here

and thanks, i did have them switched
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title
    Respected User

No prob, plus rep for taking the time to make that guide.

Title
    Respected User

yeah good guide man. keep it up.
    Skate for life.

Live for today, tomorrow is never promised.

Title

thanks
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title
    Respected User

i saw another error

Hurricane is not a 180 to switch feeble. IT's a 180 to switch over anchor.

Title

actually, it is a feeble.
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Nate
    i saw another error

Hurricane is not a 180 to switch feeble. IT's a 180 to switch over anchor.
    Yes, it is a 180 to swith feeble. Think of it like a lipslide-feeble...ya know what I'm saying? Not actually a lipslide, but the same concept, if you approach the object frontside, you end up doing the 270 into the backside, vice versa.

Title

wht the fuck is an overanchor anyways?
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by sk8tingblind112
    wht the fuck is an overanchor anyways?
    Anchor grind is what you called a willy grind. So an overanchor is...an over anchor.

And it is not a 180 switch feeble. A switch feeble slides on the back truck. Durricanes slide on the front truck.

Title
    Hard as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Nate
    Anchor grind is what you called a willy grind. So an overanchor is...an over anchor.

And it is not a 180 switch feeble. A switch feeble slides on the back truck. Durricanes slide on the front truck.
    no the dont
    you do a 180
    land with your back truck in a fakie feeble

you didint even put smiths in your guide

Title

yeah, so is tom-e wrong too? huh you dumb ass.

he says feeble in trick tips, so fuck off
    and i did forget smiths, wunna make a guide?
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title

Hey I have a prob with B/s noseslides.
    When I ollie onto the rail my front foot usually comes off too much and touches the rail and I don't slide much -_-
    i haz returned lolz

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by sk8tingblind112
    yeah, so is tom-e wrong too? huh you dumb ass.

he says feeble in trick tips, so fuck off
    and i did forget smiths, wunna make a guide?

WTF. watc hany rowley video and you will see a hurricane.Feebles slide on the back truck. Hurricanes slide on the front truck.
    Get it through your thick fucking head.

Title

dude, a FAKIE feeble slides on the front truck, but it is still a feeble.but normaly it is a feeble on the back truck, but when going fakie, it is front truck.

arguing the same point. we cool
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Ryusuke
    Hey I have a prob with B/s noseslides.
    When I ollie onto the rail my front foot usually comes off too much and touches the rail and I don't slide much -_-

try putting your front foot at more of an angle, maybe 75 or 80 degrees, and just below the front two bolts on the front truck. and push into the rail more than drag
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title

Last edited by sk8tingblind112; 04-29-2006 at 05:35 PM.
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title
    Hard as fuck

your riding up to the rail with your front trucks forward(oviously)
    you do a 180 so your front trucks are on the oposite side of the rail and your back truck is in the fakie feeble grind

Title

i got a sticky!! yes!
    pm me for vegas v6.0

Title

good stuff but you missed a lot. smith? overcrook? salad? suski?
    Current Setup:

AWS
    Tensors
    Bones Reds
    Spitfires
    Shorty's Hardware

Shoes: Fallen Troopers

Good guide= +rep :)
    My (video game) skate team.... http://vimeo.com/user344514 [URL Updated]

Title

wat do u do in sex

Title