Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Adio_Skater11
    yah dude like i got a Element deck when all my friends had Black Label or Flip and my board is AWESOME! and also dudes it not the boards fault if u dont land the trick the boards just there so u and pop it but after tht u hav to do the rest
    dble post dude.
    Skate n' Bate

What Skateboard Team do you belong on?

Zero
    You ride along side Jamie Thomas. You tend to be better at grinding down a 20 stair handrail than doing a flip trick down one. You ride for a popular skate team which sports lots of skulls and gothic images on their stuff. Your on a good team and should be proud.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheToyMachine
    This thread is concerning the subjects and threads asking which deck brand is "better", or which has more "flip".

You aren't going to find the answers to these questions on a messageboard or from any of your friends, the deck that you'll find to be the best will come from your personal experiences with them. Sometimes it'll take months before you find a board that will truly work for you. Just try different brands and designs. And don't be affraid to try a brand you aren't familiar with. And don't stick to buying only one brand through out your life unless you know it's one that truly works for you. Don't ever buy a deck just for the name and logo. Also don't be affraid to ask questions to the sales dude at your skateshop, they know alot more than you think and would be glad to help you out with this subject considering how most kids buy decks just out of brand interest.

It's completly fine to ask question in this forum about it, but just keep what I said in mind.
    Yeah i agree

Title
    ovek

people who make threads here are retarded. They should go to a shop and feel and stand on the boards they are thinking about buying. If they think they'll like it then maybe ask people there opinions on durability and thats it. Actually people may say zoo yorks aren't durable but I think they are very durable. Half my town is upsessed with Traffics but I hate them. It's all opinions and what you like for shape.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by enjoyskating
    why do alot of little kids get into skating and all they skate is elmement or zero
    well not a lot, but basicly all kids that are starting choose element, but not a lot of people i know start with zero, ( not that zero isnt good, i love skating my zero deck )

Title
    Permanently Banned

I started skateing with my friends old chocolate and yea it was good i then had a few flips and bought a blank and it was fuckin awesome blank decks are pretty gnarly i learned alot of tricks on them but i would personally get a baker, flip or a blank i know dudes tht only skate blanks and these guys could freakin go pro

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles56
    I hate it when you see little kids with the most obvious boards like Element, Hawk and other brands that you see on THPS games.
    My Board cost me over $400 and half the brands ppl don't know :D

Board: A Black Almost Deck
    Trucks: Krux $120
    Wheels: Element :(
    Bearings: TNT
    Griptape: From Speakys
    same here yea but i will admedt i like elament fiberlights but not cause there in a game or there popluar but cause they last long and good concave but like the rest of my board is grindkings autobahn wheels and blank grip

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

im on my 5th baker now...any other deck just doesnt feel like home. ive just got used to the feel and i love'em

Title
    Banned

switch to one of the ones in my sig...youll love it.

i currently have a habitat because they last long and have good pop. i skate my habitat for 5+ hours a day and its nowhere near a razor tail and ive had it for 3 months.

Title

most kids that start usually get an element bam board
    I don't know why but younger kids are ubsessed with him when personally i hate him. I really like my black label by the way and plan b they are great brands.
    Quote Originally Posted by feel_good
    girls, DON'T SKATE. go bake a cake.

Title

yeah, i d k about any one else but i really like blank decks. they last kinda long their ok, well for me at least thats only my preference. thast all i ever skate with. i got an element once, it broke in 2 weeks, i also got a zero, and for me it also broke really fast, but for me the blanks lasted loooong. so thats all i get... ha

Title

yea i agree ask around shops in malls if u live in AR go to Jonesborro mall(teh new 1)and go to gearhead.the people there kickass.i know som 1 who knows the owner.thats hpw i got my chocolate.
    Originally here since January 2006
    Formorely,Mr.ShaggySk8ter.

Title

i may seem like a bum when i do this but i ussually try out other peoples boards at the park. It helps me make a desicon on which board to buy

Title
    Permanently Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheToyMachine
    This thread is concerning the subjects and threads asking which deck brand is "better", or which has more "flip".

You aren't going to find the answers to these questions on a messageboard or from any of your friends, the deck that you'll find to be the best will come from your personal experiences with them. Sometimes it'll take months before you find a board that will truly work for you. Just try different brands and designs. And don't be affraid to try a brand you aren't familiar with. And don't stick to buying only one brand through out your life unless you know it's one that truly works for you. Don't ever buy a deck just for the name and logo. Also don't be affraid to ask questions to the sales dude at your skateshop, they know alot more than you think and would be glad to help you out with this subject considering how most kids buy decks just out of brand interest.

It's completly fine to ask question in this forum about it, but just keep what I said in mind.
    yea, one thing about this though is that poor ppl....well middle class -ish...people dont have enough money to buy a new deck every couple months to experiment which ones are better....so me and others(ppl skating less than a year) and havent been through a lot of brands figure we'll come on this section of the site(deck section) to find out what the experienced ppl have to say...you see...i can never just be like...hey mom i need a new deck take me to the skateshop...no it doesnt work...she says..."you just got that board like 5 months ago"....meanwhile im thinking like fuck you what do you know....most people get dekcs every 2-3 months.....and im skating a fucked up chipped deck...thats ive had for like 5 months and she'll be like.."you broke it already"...acting all surprised when she rly has no idea how much of a beating the boards take....ive had 3 dekcs so far...krown(when i was a beginner..not a real board), zero, and another zero.....to me zeros take a while to chip...it took me like 5 months(as said b4) to chip my zero and my mom went ballistic.....zeros are great....excellent pop...but thats just me....tom e....i know you're definitely right about its all personal preference...but i think we should encourage experienced skaters to actually post what they think...instead of them posting what everyone else says.....anyways...yea..thx

Title

i sopose i agrere but why did u give me a warning toy machine for giving a song title go skate instead of waiting around and warning pointless things

Title

i'm like the only person with a blind board...

i got an enjoi because i heard they were good and it has nooooo pop it sucks but i learned hella flip tricks on it so its ok

Title

Usually kids that are thought to be poser are the ones that are very young and just start out. If beginner skaters are skating next to you and arent causing a disturbance they arent doing any harm. At least they're skating, we were noobs once too

Title

I always do that I think it's the best you can do when you buy a deck
    If you get an Enjoi you get to have a panda on your deck. Having a panda on your deck is the best thing that could ever happen to you.The panda on your deck will make all your wildest dreams come true.
    but the final question is....if you truly love the panda.

If you do buy a Enjoi

Title

im prolly the biggest poser on here, i got an almost but im still barely landing heelflips and kickflips, yea all the really good kids in my town skate blank decks
    Setup:
    Deck:Almost Blue Off-Center Team Deck
    Trucks:Krux Downlows
    Wheels:Blank
    Bearings:Flip HKD ABEC 5

Title
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marevix
    The people at skate shops around here say that Bones Reds are bad and last a month, and promote $60 dollar Element Fiberlights and Bam bearings.
    I love mine, they have lasted like 3 or 4 months. I like how you don't need to clean them alot to keep the wheels spinning, like once a month is what I do and they spin just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by csca1
    well not a lot, but basicly all kids that are starting choose element, but not a lot of people i know start with zero, ( not that zero isnt good, i love skating my zero deck )
    I started off with element.
    Last edited by happy dude; 07-19-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Title

Protest The Hero, I'm getting my new blind at like 5:00 today :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Title

jus try them out and see what oen you like best
    Skating - My Anti - Drug

Title
    Respected User

when I got my first real deck the guys at the shop I went to told me their favourite boards and good ones for newer skaters and It helped....but...when I started getting better I couldnt do anything on that board, so when I got my next one I didnt get that same thing! SEEEE LEARN FROM OLDER BOARDS!

Title

who cares what you get at least your skating
    setup now:
    owens shop board
    indys
    rictas
    bones reds
    shop hardware
    oh jesus

Title

posers r people that say they can do all this shit but cant or people that say they can skate and brag but cant
    people that skate cuz they love it are no posers its if u love skating thats wat is important not tricks but those r fun
    newways try a zoo york or blank
    rep the 210
    haha

my setup:

Zoo York Classic tag Red/White 7.75
    Trycycle hardware
    Flip risers 1/8
    Krux DLs ice/white 3.5
    Bones Super Swiss 6
    Autobahn 54mm pro series Cabelleros
    o and eS Accelerates not new but i have them blue/black/white

LIKE IT YEA