Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Title

uh, sorry if this is already on here, but my ollie problem is that i go slightly frontside sometimes. and if this helps anyone, i do my ollies as a sort of jump to the side with the usual pop and drag of my foot. right now my ollies are low because i go even further frontside when i pop higher
    Enjoi Whitey Panda 8.0 Deck
    Thunder 147mm Sonora Trucks
    Spitfire Classic 52mm 99a Wheels
    Bones Reds Bearings

"It's good to have balls, ese. Me? I'm having waffles after you're dead."

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreRay View Post
    uh, sorry if this is already on here, but my ollie problem is that i go slightly frontside sometimes. and if this helps anyone, i do my ollies as a sort of jump to the side with the usual pop and drag of my foot. right now my ollies are low because i go even further frontside when i pop higher
    The root of it is to 1) keep your shoulders parallel to your board, and 2) keep your hips parallel to your board. In practice, try ollie-ing like P-Rod or Luan. When they bend down, their wrists kind of cross and then they come back up to jump and pop. It's just a comfort and timing thing, but you could use that technique to keep your front shoulder from opening up (turning frontside).

Title

Hi,
    I'm new to skateboarding and i came across a little problem with ollie. When i ride a board and try to ollie its fine but when standing sometimes it goes forward dunno why.
    Clips :
    https://youtu.be/FGoo7c5Tedg

https://youtu.be/sHfhzVQEZHA

Ill apricciate all help boiz,
    ty alot :D

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by oskaruson View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to skateboarding and i came across a little problem with ollie. When i ride a board and try to ollie its fine but when standing sometimes it goes forward dunno why.
    Clips :
    https://youtu.be/FGoo7c5Tedg

https://youtu.be/sHfhzVQEZHA

Ill apricciate all help boiz,
    ty alot :D
    Just one post to this thread is all you need. You don't have to start multiple threads.

You seem to have most of the mechanics down, just some balance issues that will correct itself with better repetition. Don't practice standing still anymore. Practice it while rolling. First video, you were probably leaning a bit much toe-side causing the board to pop in front of you. The second video, your front arm swung open both times, which may have caused your shoulder to swing open and made you ollie 45 degrees frontside.

(Hey, look at that. My post two posts up ^^ says the same thing about how to ollie straight.)

Title

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    Just one post to this thread is all you need. You don't have to start multiple threads.

You seem to have most of the mechanics down, just some balance issues that will correct itself with better repetition. Don't practice standing still anymore. Practice it while rolling. First video, you were probably leaning a bit much toe-side causing the board to pop in front of you. The second video, your front arm swung open both times, which may have caused your shoulder to swing open and made you ollie 45 degrees frontside.

(Hey, look at that. My post two posts up ^^ says the same thing about how to ollie straight.)
    Ty bro

Title

Nice

Title

Hello guys!
    I am a design engineer and an e-skate/mountain board enthusiastic. Now I am planning to design an electric mountain board for fun. It would be an all wheel drive board with two motors. It would also have at least 12S6P battery pack with li-ion cell. All board would be waterproof. I would also like to design it with independent suspension. So far this is my idea. Would anyone be interested in following the project and add any ideas to make it unique? I would also like to make it cost effective and if it goes right sell a few... :)(1000-1200 dollar range). Would it be competitive like that or should I just remain at the fun level?
    Thank you for your answer in advance :)

Title

Thanks for the article