Title

Default Getting my first skateboard

So after thinking really hard about starting and learning how to skate for years i finally decided to screw it and just buy a skateboard.

But after looking more into it i realized it's going to harder than i thought. There are so many types of decks, wheels, trucks etc. i don't know which one would be the best for a beginner. I would like to purchase a full set and learn the basics of skating then move on and maybe put together my own skateboard after a while.

I would skate, and cruise around the city from home to work, from point A to point B. So i though a longboard or a cruiser would just be perfect for me, or something with softer wheels. Because the roads are pretty wacky here.

I already found a cruiser i really like but looking more into it i realized it might be too "small" for a beginner like me. ( 28" long, 7.25" wide ) and the wheels are 92A might be too hard, but i could just purchase softer ones later on. So i looked for more options and found out a "regular" skateboard might be a better option?

Honestly i'm a newbie when it comes to skateboards and i just can't decide or find out what would be the best option for just skating around but also good for a beginner and learning.

Title

Well a cruiser would be better for just riding a regular skateboard. Also for soft wheels 92A is good soft wheels are between the grades of 78A to 92A (lower the rating the softer the wheel). Since you are getting a long board wheel size above 60mm is great as they give you a good high speed and keep their speed better than smaller wheels so you don't have to push to often.

Title

The most important thing when looking for a wheel is a diameter. Every wheel is measured at millimeters, the standard range is 50mm for beginners up to 75mm for professionals. Take note, that the bigger the size of the wheel the faster the revolution, while a smaller one is a little slower.
    Last edited by HardyM; 10-24-2021 at 05:35 AM.