Title

Default Returning Skater Wanting Feedback On New Setup

I'm returning from what I think is about a 14 year hiatus and I'm just not sure on set ups anymore. Tried to do my research and would just like some feedback.

8.25 Thankyou deck - I like the graphics and I'm a big Daewon fan

Independent Stage 11 Hollow Forged 149 Standard Trucks - From what I understand 139 or 149 is the way to go with an 8.25, with most people preferring 149 on an 8.25

Spitfire Classics Formula Four 99d 54mm - I think 99d is the hardness I want?

Independent 7/8" Phillips Bolts

Bones reds bearings

This will mostly be for street skating and occasionally the skate park/bowl skating. I don't think I will be doing sets much, I'm not sure if I have the brave anymore to do them, so I think a good portion will be technical skating and manny pads, but maybe I will get the courage back to do sets.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, I really appreciate any help.

Title
    Respected User

Just go with Spitfire classics, not the formula 4’s. Classics feel better. Otherwise exactly this. No experience with thank you decks but probably similar to Almost/Dwindle if I had to guess

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    Just go with Spitfire classics, not the formula 4’s. Classics feel better. Otherwise exactly this. No experience with thank you decks but probably similar to Almost/Dwindle if I had to guess
    Hey, thanks for the response! Feel better in what way? Also is 54mm a decent size or should I go smaller considering I’m mostly going to be doing flatland?