Title

Default Buying complete setup for first time in 12+ years - welcome help/input!

Greetings, I most definitely welcome and appreciate your help in dropping some knowledge on me as I look to buy a complete deck for the first time in some 12 years. Some background - I'm 6'3, 200lb, size 13 shoe and recently started skating again after a 12 year hiatus. Old board is a 8.0 Girl, that has razor tail, rusted hardware, worn bushings and jacked trucks, and that feels too small. Welcome any and all input. Thanks!

WHERE TO PURCHASE: Where is the best place online to buy a complete deck? I remember CCS being a top choice back when, are they still legit? Any others worth looking at?

DECK: thinking of upgrading from 8.0 to at least 8.5, would 8.5 deck be large enough or should I consider going slightly wider? Any size 13 folks out there? I'm not sure how much larger I should or need to go to be more comfortable riding but still be able to mess around and do kicklips, fake big spins, and some other basic flip tricks.

TRUCKS: Leaning towards Independent Hollows. What size Indy trucks should I go with for the 8.5 or larger. Would the 159mm be too large for a 8.5 deck?

WHEELS: With my thoughts on a roughly a 8.5 deck, I was thinking about 56mm wheels. Does this seem like the right decision? Is there anything else I should consider or shift if I go to a larger board? Do brands matter here?

BEARINGS: it seems Bones are still top dog, but are the more expensive ceramics worth it? Or will Bones Reds get the job done?

Title
    Respected User

CCS changed ownership a while ago, but as far as I know they're still reputable. Active Ride Shop (used to be mailorder) is also still decent. Skate Warehouse is alright as well.

8.5 seems too big for me, but I never really got into the wide deck craze. I wear size 10.5/11 shoes. Maybe try 8.25 instead. Of course ideally you'd go to a local skateshop and try to stand on different sizes, but these are strange times we live in.

Not sure about truck sizing but here's a chart that recommends 144s or 149s.

Wheel size should be fine, maybe even 57 or 58. Popular companies include Spitfire and Bones. I used to like Autobahn and Ricta back in the day, but not sure how those brands are faring. Look into wheel hardness/durometer (harder wheels slide better but softer wheels are comfier).

Bones is still the cheapo standard. They have several other products that I'm personally curious about, the Super Reds and the Big Balls bearings.

Title

Welcome back! I just ordered my first complete in over 15 years - I dug out my last Zoo York complete while cleaning last week, and have been on it daily ever since! It's funny how little has changed regarding skateboarding gear since 2005.

My new ride:

CCS blemish deck
    Tensor Mag Lites
    Spitifre F4 52MM 101D wheels
    Daddie's Ceramic Bearings

I did my order via combination of CSS and Tactics, which are basically the same website it appears. I can't wait to grip it and rip it!

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

56 mm wheels are pretty damn big if you're gonna be trying to learn/relearn tricks. It's not impossible but you might have a hard time. I skate 53/54 mm. Small enough to reasonably flip my board and skate street, big enough to be able to maneuver rough ground and skate transition.