Title

Default Dishwasher as a Parts Degreaser

So I'm here thinking about how to remove the last layer of grease before applying the powder coating or reassembling.

I have a washing machine for parts, very efficient, but I was wondering how to give the final degreasing. Used dishwashers are cheap, like chips on Fleabay, so I was wondering if it was Worth buying one of them and using a non-loaded degreaser instead of dishwasher tablets.

Has anyone used their dishwasher to remove grease, and if so, any tips? Pete

Title

My biggest" failure " in the kitchen was when I put two point lamp cases in the oven, which I fixed with Araldite. I've read that heating Araldite makes it faster and harder. I got distracted, forgot they were there, and left them to heat all morning. My wife finally opened the oven door and found that the entire oven was covered in thick black soot! The chrome bodies of the searchlights were not light alloys, as I had thought they were plastic, and apart from a lot of soot, there was no trace of them.

My chances of using the dishwasher are now zero.

Title

Oh, I also encountered such a problem. Unfortunately, this is a very common problem with dishwashers. It should be more often degreased with special means or use other stronger tablets for dishwashers. But definitely I can tell you that you should not buy a used dishwasher. This is risky. My dishwasher has been serving me for many years. I periodically degrease it and descale it, but otherwise it is wonderful. It does not break and fits perfectly into the design of my kitchen. Where I bought it there are many cool models, there are new economical, stylish and roomy. I'll leave a link of that store https://ianboer.com.au/washing/dishwashers/

Title
    Respected User

This is a helpful thread. I have also had problems with baking my searchlights, so this is very good information to have.