Title

Default Landlord says I cannot skate on the property?

Guys, I would like your advice on this situation. I came across an issue today with my Landlord. My Landlord says I am not allowed to skateboard off the property on the sidewalk because it's private property and there are no signs that say no skateboarding. I am just transporting myself off the property? I even mentioned that I have a bike and she said I am not allowed to ride my bike off the property too. But they have a bike rack here? What the frig? I got a notice from my landlord that I was causing a disturbance in their property last night. it's such a nice place. I just got lucky getting this place and I live in a college town. I told her I was just skateboarding off the property. She told me this is private property and you are not allowed to skate off the property. Even my bike to do that. I told her you can't do that because it's a public sidewalk where people walk and yes it's private property though but it's still a public sidewalk where people can freely walk across the area to another place. I was not even socializing in the property as a group but transporting only myself off the place to the street as a ride. I was not damaging anything at all. I also told her that the weather damages the property 365 days a year from snow, rain and any weather condition. She said it doesn't matter it's private property. You cannot skate off the property at all. I told her I have a bike too. She said you can't do that too. A freaking bike man? Like really? We can walk on the sidewalk but we cannot ride a skateboard or a bike off the property to transport yourself to another place? Like wow. Can I get any legal advice transporting a here to explain here what I did is not criminal? I mean I can understand the noise might be bothersome at night but still transporting a device to get you somewhere on a sidewalk should not hold any grounds to be threatened to be evicted just mattered. She won't evict me though. I talked her down about it. It was a warning. Advice? I would love to talk to a lawyer about this but I rather advice from every skater. What do you think?
    Last edited by pcnuttie; 12-06-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Title

The fuck. Just carry your skateboard until you walk far enough from the property and then start skating?

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    and i see all the flames
    Yeah, all I know is I'm upstairs, and I'm listening to my Will Smith CD

If you let them tell you what to do with skateboarding you're a bitch.

Title

If it's the public sidewalk running along a city street then they are almost always public. If it's a private road going into an apartment complex, then it probably is their property still.

In order to get evicted they would have to have had a bunch of written warnings for ignoring their rules. It's really hard to evict people legally.

I hope you took pictures before moving into your apartment. 99% chance your landlord is going to say you damaged the carpet or banged a counter top and take your deposit when you move out, if they are threatening eviction just for skateboarding on the sidewalk.