Title

Default My dad just told me I'm too old to start skating (I'm 18)

Brief backstory, I get a lot of shit from my family because I stopped learning to drive before exams and never got back into it, so they think every time Im trying something new is a diversion to not going back to driving. The backstory to wanting to skate is that I've always thought it was cool and I feel it would help get my mind off of not having an apprenticeship yet dkt nsw . I'm in the UK on a small town, so there's not many skaters at all, can't even recall the last time I saw one. The skatepark is usually filled with complete dicks so I don't think they have a good reputation at all.
    I showed him one on amazon and he said that I'm 18, not 12, and should be riding motorbikes instead.
    From a UK standpoint, is it considered weird to skate?
    Last edited by HenryBraxton; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:03 AM.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by HenryBraxton View Post
    Brief backstory, I get a lot of shit from my family because I stopped learning to drive before exams and never got back into it, so they think every time Im trying something new is a diversion to not going back to driving. The backstory to wanting to skate is that I've always thought it was cool and I feel it would help get my mind off of not having an apprenticeship yet. I'm in the UK on a small town, so there's not many skaters at all, can't even recall the last time I saw one. The skatepark is usually filled with complete dicks so I don't think they have a good reputation at all.
    I showed him one on amazon and he said that I'm 18, not 12, and should be riding motorbikes instead.
    From a UK standpoint, is it considered weird to skate?
    No way. There are people way older than 18 that start skating. If you want to skate do it homie.

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

He thinks skateboarding is for children, in a way he's kind of right it's a childs toy. Doesn't mean you have to drop it when you turn 18, I am 32 and have been skating since I was like 13.

He won't be able to dictate what you do your entire life, so start making your own decisions and if you end up paying for the board yourself then so be it.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    No way. There are people way older than 18 that start skating. If you want to skate do it homie.
    Never too late to skate.
    I am 69 years old and started skating 4 years ago when I was 65 years old.
    It's unusual and they (on google) call me "Denmark's oldest skater"
    It's never to late to skate.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    Never too late to skate.
    I am 69 years old and started skating 4 years ago when I was 65 years old.
    It's unusual and they (on google) call me "Denmark's oldest skater"
    we missed you Henning

you're an inspiration to us all