Title

Question Starting out, canít decide between goofy or regular

When I was young I used to push mongo with my right foot, now Iím getting back into skating, and if I move my right foot up and push normally, Iíll be skating goofy, but I canít turn and I have shit balance, but if I put my left foot at the front, I can turn and have good balance but Iím bad at pushing, Should I stay with goofy and learn balance and turning, or go with regular and learn to push?

Title
    Respected User

Sounds like you should skate regular. Pushing will come natural enough after a while, just stick with it.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Sounds like you should skate regular. Pushing will come natural enough after a while, just stick with it.
    Thanks, although I havenít learnt to Ollie yet, the motion feels more comfortable when riding goofy, should I still stick to regular?

Title
    Respected User

I think it is worth using whatever stance you have the easiest balancing with.

Title

Regular. I’m the same pushing mongo feels natural. Getting back into skating for like the 7th time and forcing my myself to push normally. Pushed mongo for 5 years!
    "i dream therefore i am not'"