Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title

Default So I Punched My Girlfriend in the Face

I've been with this girl for only about two months and since the first day we hung out she's always been telling me it's her dream to experience a proper knock in the face. Not in a sexual way, but she had never been in a real fight and was just always curious about how it feels (?)

My gf used to always beg me to give her just one punch, just so she could see how it feels. She's a skinny 5'3 white girl and I'm 6'2 so obviously I was not going to do it. It just ended up being a running joke. I'd pretend I was gonna punch her every now and then and she'd always call me a pussy for not doing it, but I was just like yeah yeah whatever. I mean I'm half black... even if I gave into her crazy fantasy then accidentally knock her out or something, you think the police are gonna even give me half a second to explain myself before I get a night stick in my face?

Anyway the other night, we were at my friend's house drinking, playing music and just having a go time. My gf jumps in my face and starts berating me to punch her. I say okay, here it comes. I start taking my rings off and she gets herself ready, then I put my rings back on and tell her to sit her ass back down. She goes:

"See? I ain't scared of you cos I know you'll never do it..."

Then she looks at me and smiles and says:

"Maybe this will make you do it..."

And proceeds to throw a shot across my jaw hard enough to make my ears ring. I instinctively react with a full strength right hook, but thankfully slow down my swing, but not entirely, and hit her in the face on the cheekbone area. She didn't stumble or lose her footing or anything, but I instantly realized what I did and felt like shit. I apologized profusely then went to check on her. She had a bit of swelling on her cheek and I got her some ice. This was the first time I ever hit a girl...she said she was okay and didn't blame me or anything.

We spent the rest of the night together and the swelling on her face had gone down pretty quick but by the morning she had developed a black eye. We both started to panic because she had to go see her parents soon and we both knew they'd go beserk if they heard I hit her... I mean anyone would. They wouldn't even care about the background story or let her even get it out tbh.

We thought of different things she could tell her parents but she wasn't convinced her mother would believe her. As I tried to think of different excuses, I reflected on how I was acting like a typical wife beater and was starting to feel literally sick. As the day went on my gf was talking less and being more pensive and ruminating a lot. I could see she was looking into what I had done more deeply.

When I went to work the next day, we didn't speak until the end of my shift. She called me and told me her parents threatened to call the police if she ever saw me again. She also told me she thinks I need to look at myself and see why would choose to react to what she did with violence and how it's unhealthy for that to be my reaction. She also said she has to look at herself and understand why she'd even want to be punched in the face. Anyway she broke up with me and I don't know how to feel tbh.

Do I need help? I've been able to control myself in different circumstances and sometimes even more difficult ones. I've never hit a woman before. Am I an abuser now?

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Respected User

I don't think you need help but she certainly does.

I mean, what the actual fuck.

First she begs you to do it, you never do it, then she attacks you, you react, and then she suddenly realizes being punched in the face doesn't feel great, might result in a black eye and you doing it isn't okay? I mean, if she wants it - fine - but how weak is it to then complain about it later after clearly creating a scene in which she should've known you'd automatically react? No, she needs help.
    Sue her ass if you're not 100% sure she won't sue you.

Is it rape when it's consensual but she regrets it afterwards? - no
    Is it theft when I give you my PlayStation and regret having given it to you afterwards? - no
    Is it abuse when she begs you to punch her for two months, then triggers an automatic reaction when you don't do it voluntarily, and then regrets it afterwards? - in my opinion it isn't

--> or were you talking about two different girls and I didn't get it?

Sure, you could've shown a different automatic reaction to her bullshit, but you can't always control reactions and she was more than just asking for it. She created the situation on purpose but you didn't punch her on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post

Then she looks at me and smiles and says:

"Maybe this will make you do it..."

And proceeds to throw a shot across my jaw hard enough to make my ears ring.
    - and this makes me think she's a complete psycho

Obviously just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by almost_mothrfckr; 08-08-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Title

I feel bad because her parents hate me now. She insists she didn't punch me but slapped me, as if that makes a difference?

But I don't know I've always felt like a man shouldn't hit a woman unless she's trying to kill/cause serious harm and I grew up around years of domestic abuse.

It helps hearing the perspective of a woman, and I feel like I know I'm not that kind of person, but I'm still struggling with my feelings.

Title

And no, I was talking about only one girl

Title
    Respected User

Yea, a man shouldn't hit a woman. And a woman shouldn't hit a man. It's 2019. Everyone's constantly talking about equality yet here we are only talking about what you did and not even viewing what she did as an act of violence.

Did she apologize for slapping you?

Also, her parents probably only know one part/side of the story, so if I were you I'd try to ignore it/not let it get to me.

Title

She did apologize but is still maintaining I need to work on my 'anger'?

Title
    Respected User

Do you think you have an anger problem/can't control yourself? It doesn't seem like you do but I wouldn't know.

As for "I only slapped you but you punched me" - obviously since you probably are stronger than her, the effects of a reaction will be worse. Had she done it to me and I would've reacted in the same way you did, it wouldn't have been as bad, but judging your personality based on the fact you're physically stronger than her is ridiculous. She did it on purpose, while you only did it because your body went into defense mode - and in my opinion, this is the important part.

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

This is a classic sb-c thread but Larz ,like you I don't believe in hitting or acting aggressive towards women... but I don't think you were being aggressive, I think you were manipulated into having those thoughts present in your mind and knew that she wanted to be hit and it probably would eventually happen seeing as it seems she was pretty forward about insisting on it. I don't know you all that well so i could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet if that was any other female who just walked up and slapped you, you wouldn't have hit them back

I think the clouding thoughts of knowing she was asking for it obviously with past conversations and then taunting you on the spot is what made it happen and you seem remorseful but this was getting to a place where it was out of control anyway if she's walking up swinging at during a party so your better off and I don't think you need to seek help or any anger issues out. Just stay away from the crazys and clear the mind haha

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

Title

Your feedback is appreciated guys. I've been slapped several times by girls, including this one, and never reacted violently; and I'm also not violent generally so I guess I don't have anger issues. I was just worried that this may have had something to do with some underlying things going on in my subconscious.

I always have the best luck finding the crazies...

Title
    ))<>((

I think the only place you went astray was indulging her fantasy with all the pretending/acting like you would, prior to this incident. But, bitch is clearly crazy, and I say that with all due respect, you crazy wife beater. Best to stay away. She’s a little off, and her parents will protect her without hesitation.

Title

I wanted to get back with her, and we've been talking about it but you guys may be right and I should probably stay away.

Title
    _______

Post a pic of this girl
    Honestly if she's hot enough Id stay

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

during anal you should

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    I wanted to get back with her, and we've been talking about it but you guys may be right and I should probably stay away.
    I think that would make for an awkward interaction next time you see her family haha but unless she's admitted to baiting you into it and that she should be saying sorry to you I think steer clear my friend

Title
    ))<>((

If Larz starts posting only once a year well know hes in jail

Title
    A shitty island in Greece where skate spots dont exist and you get kicked out 24/7 pls kill me <3 :)

She did you a favor.
    She's CLEARLY problematic, so don't give a shit and move on.
    In the very least, try to make amends and get good with her and her parents and THEN move on, if you feel that bad about it.

shittherewassupposedtobeacommaonmyusername

Title

shes nuts dude.stay away from her.Her parents aren't gonna ever like you now.

Title

Need pics to see if crazy is outweighed by hotness

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Title
    blunted in a 600

bitches be crazy

part of me thinks on some level she liked it, next thing you know you'll be donkey punching her, and sex with her will be more like a UFC battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    ))<>((

^ I was just about to ask if her fav position was donkey punch :D

Title

Dude, it's called BDSM. A lot of people are into it. If you're not, you should tell her goodbye. If you are, Folsom Europe is just around the corner.
    http://folsomeurope.info/

Title
    blunted in a 600

elite tier spam
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    elite tier spam
    No, just information. (I never even knew there were puritanical Aussies).

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Samhell View Post
    Dude, it's called BDSM. A lot of people are into it. If you're not, you should tell her goodbye. If you are, Folsom Europe is just around the corner.
    http://folsomeurope.info/
    Don't know if this is a joke but I'm no stranger to the fine arts of BDSM and it definitely had nothing to do with that.

Yes she is hot but no I'm not going to post a pic of her cos I'd rather respect her privacy, especially after I revealed all her crazy. But I'm not too fussed about staying with her for her looks. There's plenty of hot girls in the sea. My problem is that I actually like her a lot, besides this incident, and I haven't felt like this about someone for a long time.