Title

Question Is taking a break for a day a good idea?

Whats up guys!

I am so glad to be part of this community, and I hope we can get along and help each other along the way. So, I have been skating for a whole year (on and off), and I recently got back into it 2 weeks ago (suddenly felt urge). I skated everyday for at least 2 hours, and I am loving it. In fact, I cruised through my whole city yesterday at night and there is just an amazing feeling in going fast with the wind blowing in you.

Just two days ago, I was bombing a downhill and when I was going very fast, I hit a railroad track that was in the road ( I am still a beginner and can barely do tricks at right now). Before you know it, I flew off of my board and sprained my wrist and got some nasty bruises.

Even though I skated last night and felt great, at the same time, I was also quite frustrated in not landing an nollie shuvit after working so hard on it for a month (on and off).

I heard from people that it is good to rest for a day or two and then go back to skating. Is it true that it is good for you? Or will my skills rust immediately?

Please share your experiences as I am very open to ideas right now. Thank you!

Title
    A shitty island in Greece where skate spots dont exist and you get kicked out 24/7 pls kill me <3 :)

It really depends on the person.
    I have a friend that could would skate like once every few months but each time he was even better than the last, for whatever reason..
    There's also people like me, for example, that need to be crazy active in order to keep a trick semi-consistent at best.

In general, wearing yourself out too much isn't a good idea. If you wanna skate every day and you physically feel good and healthy enough to do it, then by all means go ahead. Taking a break from skating to go for coffee or for a beer isn't bad, if you have the ability to do other social shit by all means do it.

Personally, I've fucked up both my wrists from eating shit and not resting enough. I took a hard fall with them (each at a separate sesh) and instead of resting till they were completely healed, I was like "Fuck it" and just went ahead and skated the next day, eating shit and hurting the same wrist again. And again. And again.
    And now it's never gotten better. It's not THAT bad but sometimes they hurt a lot.

Hope that covers it! Keep shredding.
    Last edited by Probably NerkaN Who Knows; 08-03-2019 at 02:02 PM.

shittherewassupposedtobeacommaonmyusername