Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Leblank View Post
    These are somethings that might be happening:

1) when you pop it looks like you are almost pushing the deck a bit toeside with your backfoot (causing the board to spin)

2) I can't actually see if you are, but make sure that you aren't rotating your upper body while you are doing an ollie else the board will spin with you.

3) Try: Moving your front foot closer to the bolts to start out with, and possible (when sliding) slide your foot a bit more outwards then inwards.
    thanks man il try this :)

Title

Default I need Help Ollieing stairs

Whenever i ollie stairs my board dips down too much and reaches the ground way before i get there

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Lgzerox View Post
    Whenever i ollie stairs my board dips down too much and reaches the ground way before i get there
    Gotta get better grip on it..
    Are you doing a "rocket ship ollie?" If so, slide your foot more, and put more weight on that part of the board. How many stairs are you trying?

If you already know how to Ollie but want to get higher, I use to try doing ollies on a mattress or a cushion. I think it helps you pop harder. It worked for me so at least give it a try.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by dwang View Post
    I know this thread has been inactive for years, hope you see this. When i ollie, my board rotates. I've done the arm swing to keep my body straight, and it is straight. To accommodate for this rotation, my front foot ends up following the board in the turn, and at this point, i might as well do a backside 180. If i drag my foot in a straight line, i end up with a heel flip. Someone told me to jump forward, and it works, but then i can't land properly cause my feet are no longer above the board. Sorry for this, but any ideas?
    pop the board straight down and make sure when you slide you dont tilt your foot
    14 years old, skateboarding is life :3
    Sponsored by bbb skateshop in Omaha NE
    Youtube channel - Sk8ter 873 Need subscribers!
    Skate it till it breaks #skateordie

Title
    Respected User

Is there a tip any of you have on sucking your knees up more? I'm very consistant on my ollies but they're just not like leveling out 100% it's more like 90% Is it because my knees arent up enough?

Title

hey. (: uhm. i've been skating for like 5 months now. and I learned ollie and fs 180. but i forgot how to do my ollies now because i focused so much on practicing my fs 180s. and my problem is, i do like rocket ollies most of the time or sometimes, i do a good ollie but it levels in the air late. like its rocket ollie at first then after like 1 second it levels or sometimes I ollie but my front foot lands on the ground and my backfoot is on the front bolts. oh and i sometimes do like half kickflip when i ollie. i tried sucking my legs up more but when i do that my board is left on the ground. it doesnt come with me. i thnk its my shoes or griptape having no grip or maybe im just doing it wrong. help please. (sry for my bad english)
    Last edited by MiguelTorres; 05-27-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelTorres View Post
    hey. (: uhm. i've been skating for like 5 months now. and I learned ollie and fs 180. but i forgot how to do my ollies now because i focused so much on practicing my fs 180s. and my problem is, i do like rocket ollies most of the time or sometimes, i do a good ollie but it levels in the air late. like its rocket ollie at first then after like 1 second it levels or sometimes I ollie but my front foot lands on the ground and my backfoot is on the front bolts. oh and i sometimes do like half kickflip when i ollie. i tried sucking my legs up more but when i do that my board is left on the ground. it doesnt come with me. i thnk its my shoes or griptape having no grip or maybe im just doing it wrong. help please. (sry for my bad english)

Sounds like you're not popping fast enough. Ball of back foot centered on the back of the tail. Pop straight down and lift so fast that you're actually jumping first before the tail hits the ground.

Title

Hey, I just started skateboarding about 5 days ago, but my ollies keep on being rocket ollies. Basically, my ollies are: tail about 5 cm off the ground and the nose is about 50 cm off the ground.
    Can you guys tell me what I could do to get my ollies levelled out? Thx in advance.

Title

Hey guys, I am trying to learn how to do an ollie while moving and I have a problem. When I try to pop the board when I am moving I feel like the board is going to like "leave my feet" if you will, I dont know if its the grip tape, it probably is because i got the board from dunhams sports. Please help me out! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    my brother just opened the bathroom door when he knew i was in there probaly saw my huuuge dick too , i feel violated.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

^ sounds like you're not dragging your front foot along the grip enough or moving the back leg out of the way after you pop. A video would help to better assess your ollies.

Title

If the board doesn't seem to keep to your feet then it's more likely your pop isn't super strong yet. The better the pop the better your control generally.

Title
    Perma Banned

I went from a kinda high Ollie to a small one, don't know how it happened

Title

Hey, idk if anyone is on here, but my problem is that my back foot won't stay above the board and just lands before the board even lands. help?

Title

Yo.
    The little problem is, I'm totally left legged. I keep my left foot on the skateboard while ridin, so it's a lot easier to do front ollie (and the board is just flippin behind me unless I stop) cause I can't even keep the balance on the right foot doing ollie.
    Any suggestions?