Title

Default Weird ollie problem.

So whenever I look for answers to this problem, I find people with the problem of their board flipping while ollieing. That's not the problem I have. The problem I have is that if I place my front foot back further on the board, my front foot ends up catching on the board rather than sliding up. (picture a rocket ollie but the board goes vertical or even a little bit backwards). If that visual didn't work, picture an ollie impossible, but using your front foot (not a front foot impossible though cause that would rotate forward).

This is an issue that just happens occasionally, not every time so it's a little weird for me to try to figure out. Also, it's now been raining every day basically for like a month, so it'll be a while before I can really start skateboarding again since I have no sheltered area to practice.

Does it seem like I'm trying to slide to early, or no lifting my feet quick enough, or any other ideas? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you change to fix it?

Title
    Respected User

Just keep practicing and pay attention to your timing and extra attention to sliding your front foot instead of stomp jumping. If it only happens once in a while it's probably your brain still getting used to how ollies work. They are a weird concept if you look at it from a non-skate perspective.

Title

Yeah, thanks. Guess I'll just keep practicing when I can and hopefully consistency will start to happen and the problem will just become less and less.

Title

You're not lifting your front foot quickly enough. Like Cheese said, you gotta just keep practicing the timing.

Keep your shoulders parallel with the board, crouch on your toes, jump straight up on the spot, pop hard af, instantly drag your front foot all the way up and forward a little, and stomp down the landing.

It'll take time to get it perfect but just keep practicing. Took me 6 months of skating every day to get my ollies semi-respectable

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper