Title

Question Truck height is completely changing how i skate?!

Hey!
    I`ve been skating pretty high indis (and quite big wheels too) for a while now.
    during a trip in the USA i got a second hand board which was much much lower, with the wheels being smaller, and more importantly, the trucks being lower.

THAT BOARD WAS F`ING PERFECT FOR ME! i felt so damn comftorable, my ollies sky-rocketed, my flips were so high and nice looking.....

and then - it got stolen!!!

and i cant, just cant go back to my old setup - my overall performence are so much worse on it i cant even begin to describe it.

problem is.. i have no idea what size of trucks and wheels where on it... i just know it was Venture trucks...

all of this leads me to seeking your help guys -
    is there a way to know which size of trucks and wheels do i need?? or basically how high the board should be from the ground??
    any of you experienced similliar things with different truck sizes??

thx!!

Title
    Respected User

Can you get to a store that sells boards? Ask them for advice. They may have different boards you can stand on to see what feels comfortable.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkas View Post
    Hey!
    I`ve been skating pretty high indis (and quite big wheels too) for a while now.
    during a trip in the USA i got a second hand board which was much much lower, with the wheels being smaller, and more importantly, the trucks being lower.

THAT BOARD WAS F`ING PERFECT FOR ME! i felt so damn comftorable, my ollies sky-rocketed, my flips were so high and nice looking.....

and then - it got stolen!!!

and i cant, just cant go back to my old setup - my overall performence are so much worse on it i cant even begin to describe it.

problem is.. i have no idea what size of trucks and wheels where on it... i just know it was Venture trucks...

all of this leads me to seeking your help guys -
    is there a way to know which size of trucks and wheels do i need?? or basically how high the board should be from the ground??
    any of you experienced similliar things with different truck sizes??

thx!!
    if you buy online, you can check the trucks height, it’s usually listed after you click on a certain truck. Different models of Ventures and other companies have varying truck heights. A higher truck like Indy’s are gonna be around 55mm, and low trucks are typically around 50 mm or less, I know there is a Venture low that is around 48mm. And small wheels are usually 53mm and under.
    Some good websites to buy are Tactics, CCS, Skate Warehouse, Warehouse Skateboards. They all should list truck height when you select a truck to look at