Title

Default Old Fart needs a new ride - (thinking cruiser??)

I've skated 17 years, I've been out the last few years because of injuries. I see a lot of people riding cruisers and I think that's the best bet to slowly get me back into it.

I've been looking for a hybrid, a cruiser that can easily roll over most of the small tough terrain (pebbles, cracks, etc). At the same time I'd love to be able to ollie up curbs, and throw in an occasional kickflip, shuv, 50-50, 180, boardslide, nothing to techy. At the same time, roll forever at a fast speed.

Looking for any help here, a complete would be nice, but if that's not realistic, a breakdown of specific decks, wheels, bearings, would be awesome as well.

Thanks for any help!

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Look into krooked zip zingers or zip zaggers. They come in completes but get the complete only if it specifies that it has thunder trucks and krooked wheels. Otherwise just get the parts separately. Independent or thunder trucks, I have ricta cloud 86 duro wheels on mine with bones swiss bearings. Oj wheels are also good. A lot of wheel companies carry cruiser specific wheels but I like to stay in the 86-90 duro. Youll likely want riser pads as well.

BTW just get any deck you like if you're not into the krooked shapes. What makes a cruiser is really only the wheels

Title

Quote Originally Posted by SIK View Post
    Look into krooked zip zingers or zip zaggers. They come in completes but get the complete only if it specifies that it has thunder trucks and krooked wheels. Otherwise just get the parts separately. Independent or thunder trucks, I have ricta cloud 86 duro wheels on mine with bones swiss bearings. Oj wheels are also good. A lot of wheel companies carry cruiser specific wheels but I like to stay in the 86-90 duro. Youll likely want riser pads as well.

BTW just get any deck you like if you're not into the krooked shapes. What makes a cruiser is really only the wheels
    This is awesome, just what I needed. I'm thinking a regular deck with bigger wheels, and bearings/trucks that can handle them. Thanks!

Title

Thoughts on

Traditional board - 32" long, 8" wide.
    Truck - 150mm (?), traditional kingpin, to be honest the trucks were the most complicated part, not sure what size to get or anything.
    Wheel - 62mm - 83a to 86a durometer. Ricta seems to be the highest reviewed across the board. Risers for that big of a wheel?
    Bearings - I have some bones reds from years ago, wonder if I should upgrade to the Swiss, I kind of want to go all out.

I'm 6'0, 175 pounds.

Once again, thanks for the help!

Title

Well shit, I just realized I could take one of my old set-ups, put some larger Ricta's on it with better bearings?

Title
    ))<>((

^ why not? No reason to overspend getting back into it.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Yeah you can do that. For Indy's you'd want 139s for 8" deck. Google the sizing chart of the specific brand you're interested in.