Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Title
    ))<>((

Yo, hold me to this...I need to do another flow chart for CCCP like the one I did about how to get a girl.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Do it!

Title

I had this problem too when first trying to get hired in a pretty highly populated area.

First of all when you're following up just show up in person(to the ones that seem like they'll talk to people upfront about it, not the kind that don't even want you soliciting) and only say "Hi can I set up an interview?" after you ask to talk to the manager. If that doesn't work then check out a staffing company if there are any in your area.

It's a game of luck and numbers some of the time and I felt like no one taught me how to do this shit, so there you go man. Don't just be another number waiting for them to call back.

Title
    Respected User

How to get 1st job by SBH:

1) apply to jobs & attach a resume. Put any extracurriculars you did & volunteer stuff that will help a ton.

2)Wait a day or two then call & follow up after you apply.

3) repeat steps 1&2

i also really think you should just apply at one of your homies job so he can put in a good word for you. if you're a minor just look focus on applying for jobs you always see other minors working at. some jobs around here let minors apply but never hire them

Title
    Village Idiot

I applied to a few more places. Applied to CPK to be a busser but still not hired. One retail store called me back after a month and got an interview but still not hired. People are so full of shit when they said it's easy to get a minimum wage job. Shit is so ridiculously hard. The people applying to places like CPK, Safeway, Walmart are all middle aged people that should have a career already, not working as a fucking cashier. Competition is so fucking stiff for any job. Those jobs are for teenagers and young people. What the fuck is wrong with the system?

Also, jobs don't give two shits about you volunteering. That shit doesn't matter.
    Last edited by CCCP; 08-10-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I applied to a few more places. Applied to CPK to be a busser but still not hired. One retail store called me back after a month and got an interview but still not hired. People are so full of shit when they said it's easy to get a minimum wage job. Shit is so ridiculously hard. The people applying to places like CPK, Safeway, Walmart are all middle aged people that should have a career already, not working as a fucking cashier. Competition is so fucking stiff for any job. Those jobs are for teenagers and young people. What the fuck is wrong with the system?

Also, jobs don't give two shits about you volunteering. That shit doesn't matter.
    LOL

Dude just write a fucking resume with your academic history and credentials. Highlight your strengths and skills. You'll get a min wage job in no time. I've never been rejected from any entry level job.

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Respected User

Yeah dude, if you don't have a resume, make one. And if you don't have a job experience, fill it with bullshit. Make it look good too.

I've been in charge of interviewing / hiring and if your resume looks like trash you're probably not getting a call back. Also apply to like 10 places every day, more shots you take more shots you make.
    "All activity are bots now, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the conversation." - StarcraftLedZeppelin

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by The_Q View Post
    Yeah dude, if you don't have a resume, make one. And if you don't have a job experience, fill it with bullshit. Make it look good too.

I've been in charge of interviewing / hiring and if your resume looks like trash you're probably not getting a call back. Also apply to like 10 places every day, more shots you take more shots you make.
    I know I'm probably the exception to the rule but I'm 23 and i've never had a resume lol, and i've had jobs constantly since i was 16. I'm not even sure how i've pulled that off.

that being said though i'm making my first resume now in the other tab cause i'm fuckin tired of my job and i need a new one.

Title
    Village Idiot

The job applications that I fill out don't require a resume. You just fill in the required spaces and turn them in. Some places do call back for an interview, but never call back afterwards. It probably isn't the resume, but how I'm interviewing. I'm probably fucking that up.

Title

My first job i applied online on one of those find a job sites and got hired on the spot. I forgot the name of that site but just apply to a bunch of jobs online even if it's temp hire

Title
    O-K):

apply at a call center, those places are desperate as fuck and will hire anyone

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

CCCP rolling upto his first job interview

Title
    blunted in a 600

sometimes I get the urge to work on like a crayfish boat or something for a season. see where food comes from, put body to work, build some calluses and build some character
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    kind of respected user

manual labor is very over rated

Title
    blunted in a 600

lol yeah i guess that was a romantic view of it
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    / Henning

Title
    ))<>((

I would like to be a jiggalo. This year I discovered BBW’s. Maybe I am ready for the elderly. CCCP, sell your body to strange men.

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    manual labor is very over rated
    Yup

Title
    crazy and cute

if i were a hoe i could go to one of those sugar daddy dating sites and not have to work. this is bullshit

Title
    O-K):

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    sometimes I get the urge to work on like a crayfish boat or something for a season. see where food comes from, put body to work, build some calluses and build some character
    I feel you man. No sitting at a desk all day, no office politics, no deadlines... Just work hard and go home. I'd like to be a wood chopper. Just chop wood with an axe all day like a badass. If i only i could grow a sick beard to go with it.

Title
    Respected User

The job applications that I fill out don't require a resume. You just fill in the required spaces and turn them in. Some places do call back for an interview, but never call back afterwards. It probably isn't the resume, but how I'm interviewing. I'm probably fucking that up.
    Record your next interview and post it here and we'll tell you what you're doing wrong
    "All activity are bots now, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the conversation." - StarcraftLedZeppelin

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Lisztomania View Post
    if i were a hoe i could go to one of those sugar daddy dating sites and not have to work. this is bullshit
    No one said you couldn't be a hoe. Achieve your dreams brutha

Title
    blunted in a 600

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    I feel you man. No sitting at a desk all day, no office politics, no deadlines... Just work hard and go home. I'd like to be a wood chopper. Just chop wood with an axe all day like a badass. If i only i could grow a sick beard to go with it.
    yeah also just being outside, feel like I don't get enough of that these days. I'm pitifully pale since I started an office job and quit my outdoors work a few years ago

/ Henning

Title
    titillating
    akkaquill: people will wonder why my cat is in your sig

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    yeah also just being outside, feel like I don't get enough of that these days. I'm pitifully pale since I started an office job and quit my outdoors work a few years ago
    I know the feel. As skinny, pale and nerdy as I am I still get the vague urge to get away from fluorescent lights and go mow lawns or something lol

Title
    ))<>((

I hate working inside all day. I work from home at a desk. I never see people, and it’s completely sedentary if I let it be.