Title

Default Insoles: Weaken muscles and sinews?

Hi,

I guess insoles can weaken muscles and sinews, because they don`t stress them so much anymore. I guess if there is much less impact, the sinews, muscles and bones don`t get those micro-cracks, which are painful, but could lead to more strenght if they grow togehter again.

Example: If you had a broken bone the bone often is much stronger than before.

I considered to buy some footprints, because of my knees, but now I`m not sure.

Maybe I should only wear them for very high jumps and not all day long.

What do you think?

Thank you,

Williams
    Last edited by Williams; 06-17-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Title

Thank you. I`m also searching for experiences from skateboarders which use insoles for years.

Still not sure buying some.
    Last edited by Williams; 06-17-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've had a few pairs of Footprint insoles and really liked them. The Gamechangers actually mold to the shape of your foot and provide support where you need it the most. I definitely noticed I was generally less sore in my knees when I used them.

Title

Ok, but pain/sore should not be a bad sign. Maybe the knees are getting stronger by this.

Title

I dont think Jaws would still be able to skate the way he does if he didn’t use insoles.

Title

Yes, for very high jumps I would wear those insoles, too. But I think it is not neccesary for normal skate sessions with less impact, like in a skatepark.

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't really know what you want out of this thread, man. You sound like you already have your mind made up about special insoles despite a plethora of user testimonies out there. If you're an avid skateboarder your body is going to experience wear and tear even if you keep it low impact. Some companies have pretty decent stock insoles, some don't. If you're happy with what you've got, don't fix what ain't broken.

Title

I try to optimize my health so I can skate as long as possible. But I`m afraid, that insoles can weaken muscles. However, I`ve ordered some fp`s today, hopefully my concerns are not true.

Title
    Village Idiot

I don't even understand how insoles weaken your muscles. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Title

if you have any basic knowledge on how your muscles work you know that when your muscles get damaged they rebuild and get stronger in doing so when insoles prevent this from happening your body will think that the muscles aren't needed as much anymore so they start breaking it down untill you get to the point your body thinks its needed.

Title
    Village Idiot

So you're saying that we should take out the insoles of our shoes and just leave them bare rubber underneath. That doesn't make sense and sounds stupid.

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    So you're saying that we should take out the insoles of our shoes and just leave them bare rubber underneath. That doesn't make sense and sounds stupid.
    This is the entire philosophy of barefoot/minimalist running

Title
    Village Idiot

I think the point of barefoot/minimalist running is to make your foot move naturally. Not because it weakens our muscles. And the vibram 5 toe shoes are actually super flexible, unlike skate shoes.

Title
    O-K):

I think the point of barefoot/minimalist running is to make your foot move naturally. Not because it weakens our muscles. And the vibram 5 toe shoes are actually super flexible, unlike skate shoes.
    They also got sued and had to refund anyone whi bought them after it came to light that they are terrible for you. Generally you are correct, the theory behind them is that they help people run how they wefe "naturally meant to" but yeah, it's stupid. That's why you only really see crossfitters buying into that kind of stuff. Taking insoles of out skate shoes is even dumber (except for gym shoes maybe). Insoles aren't just for cushion they are for shape. I do agree with the premise of this thread to an extent though. Some people actually need othepedic insoles or structure support/mobility shoes but most would do better to just gain food strength but slowly building up to whatever is giving them the issue. Definitelt don't take you soles of shoes for skating though. Terrible idea.

Title
    ))<>((

I don't even understand how insoles weaken your muscles. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    Tbh, this thread seems like something you would have posted.

Title

Guess I was wrong. You can also strengthen you muscles in water, by swimming, Although there is no impact at all.