Title

Default Any other skaters find the same thing from lifting?

I've been skating for 8 years now and one thing I have found interesting is that not a lot of skaters I meet and see seem to workout or lift weights. Skateboarding is obviously a great, active sport but it doesn't provide the same sort of benefits as lifting weights. About a year ago I started to be consistent in the gym after a friend kept asking me to go with him. We have stuck with the Physiqz plan but have also done some workouts from bodybuilding.com. I can say that my pop has DEFINTIELY increased, but even more I am finding that I don't get injured nearly as much by those small collisions and fails.

Has anyone else found this to be the case? The only bad thing I will say is I have put on some weight from the muscle (I hope it's muscle) and obviously being lighter is almost always better for skating. Curious to hear if any other skaters lift.

Title
    Respected User

I like being a toothpick, but we had a strength training thread in off topic that I guess is now broken

Title

Huge advantage of lifting is, that your muscles can prevent serious injuries. Recently I watched some bone-breaking videos. And all of the injured guys were skinny, they had not so much muscles in their arms. Of course you can break your arm with huge muscles, too, but not so easy, like skinny guys.