Title

Default Varial flip help

Hi everyone,

So recently I've been trying to do varial kickflip's, I've been trying them for 2 days now and almost every try I seem to land on the board upside down, so it is not doing the full kickflip. I've landed two but every try I just seem to not fully flip it, and when I do flip it the whole way I either slip out of leave my back foot off. I have landed primo quite a few times as well.

I've been trying varial's as I cannot seem to commit to kickflip's whatsoever, I can land them on grass but not concrete. Should I go back to kickflips? I find it weird that I can't commit to them as I can easily commit to varial flips, so can someone more experienced than me please help, thanks.

Title
    Respected User

My guess, on regular kickflips the board flips under you making it "scarier" than varial flips in which the board sort of flips where you can see it (more). Go back to working on kickflips first or else you'll develop some bad habits trying varial flips.

Personally, I don't think varial flips are worth learning, but that's a larger debate.

Title

If you think you can land the varial then just try and do it before the kick flip because its still a trick. It might be weird to learn kick flips after but its less work than a varial flip so you should be able to get them still. Good luck. I love varial flips because they are easy to do but I dont ever practice them or use them that much just for warm ups.
    360 Flip!

Title

If i were you I would skip learning them

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews