Title

Default What makes one skateboard more expensive than another?

I was just curious to know what might make one skateboard complete/deck more expensive than another?
    I have googled this and also from my experience as far as i can tell it seems to just be the number of ply's or type of wood, which is typically all maple wood. Some decks seem to have an impact support in the construction as well. But as far as i can tell, what makes an Enjoi board more expensive than an Almost (just for sake of comparison) is the brand name. Is there anything that makes one board stick out from another when comparing standard skate decks?
    thank you

Title

I think it has to do a lot to do with brand name, and where you get them. A lot of those boards are made about the same, all pro boards usually have the same amount of plys but maybe made a bit different. But yeah, mostly just the brand name and popularity, also depends where.

Title
    Respected User

If you're talking completes, it's most likely the other components. Slightly better wheels, bearings, trucks

Title

yeah i would say a lot of it is just brand once you are considering pro decks. It's just compressed wood really