Default your thoughts on my first snapped kingpin

Equipment involved: Theeve CSX trucks, 1/10" rubber riser pads, spitfire f4 radial slim 99a 52mm, flip p2 deck. note: grade 8 steel kingpin

trucks installed: 5/18/17

kingpin snapped: 8/22/17

basic trick list: flatground shuvit and Ollie variations, occasional Ollie and drop off a curb no taller than your average 2 stair, some Ollie to axle stall on curbs and some 50/50 grinds on a long curb that you can just roll up to

my weight: approx. 200 lbs

location of snap: about 1/8 inch inside the baseplate

truck tightness: not super tight but not overly loose either

what snapped it: landed a low-speed backside shuvit

I know I'm a little heavier than the average skater but my setup doesn't seem to encounter a lot of high impacts, as my tricks are pretty basic. So I don't know if you guys would chalk it up to poor quality, my weight, or too many variables to tell.

I have lots of backup parts but unfortunately a kingpin was not among them. But since I haven't been thrilled with these so I decided to order some indy s-11s along with a round of replacement pins, cups and bushings for future rebuilds.

thanks

Title
    olwXcrew

kingpins snap as do boards trucks bearings bolts and in some cases wheels, it happens and we dont need an autopsy report. replace and move on

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

Fax this report over to the main office please

Title
    Respected User

Man to me it's still weird when people put so much thought into the hardware that they're using as opposed to the things they're using it for. This isn't a mid-life crisis Corvette forum - not yet, anyway. But kingpin, you should just contact the manufacturer if you care enough to deal with whatever customer service they have. If not, a new one is what - 3 bucks?

Title

Had no clue that it was possible to snap your kingpen, I guess I don't do anything to where I'd snap mine