Title

Default Cannot properly land ollie

Hey everyone. I started skateboarding a few months back. As for riding, I'm pretty much have gotten quite good at it. Can cruise around and bomb some small hills. I have been trying to learn ollie since like the last 1.5 month. I get a decent pop but the problem i'm facing is that after landing my ollie, i lean back, sometimes i come off the board, sometimes my balance is off and when i manage to land it completely, my board is turned like 45 degrees to the left(backwards). I recorded a short clip. Can anyone please point out my problem? Am i crouching down too much?, not sliding my foot well enough? Or is it something else?
    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeRX...ature=youtu.be

Title

Its commitment. Focus on keeping your legs and shoulders in line when you ollie, and jump straight up on the spot as you ollie. Once you get comfortable ollie'ing, you should be landing them straight.

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

I replied to your other thread, if you're gonna make threads keep an eye of them.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post
    I replied to your other thread, if you're gonna make threads keep an eye of them.
    Yeah i deleted it, since it was in the wrong sub-forum. Thanks for the reply tho!

Title
    Chronic Discontent

I hope you at least read the reply, I kind of put a little effort into it because normally I just shit post.

Title

I hope you at least read the reply, I kind of put a little effort into it because normally I just shit post.
    hahaha i did

Title

Guys, btw my tail is pretty fucked up.
    Picture: http://imgur.com/a/kss7b
    And my grip tape has almost no grip left. Could these also be the reasons for my problem? Should I change my tape and deck? Also right now I'm skating 7.75(foot size = US 8). Should I go bigger? 8 perhaps?
    Also one more issue, I dont know why this happens but sometimes like 3 out of 10 times, I ollie perfectly, back to back. Then it just goes away, to total shit. Like my body completely forgets what to do. Then again i have to keep trying just to get them right. Once i get to that point, I ollie 3-4 times perfectly in a row again and then total shit. Can anyone help me with this?
    Last edited by musman94; 07-11-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Title
    Chronic Discontent

I think the tail on your board is fine. I've done ollies on a board with no grip, so the grip helps but you just need to know what you're doing. If your grip is non existent then yeah $5 to get new grip.

Deck size to shoe size mean nothing, it's all personal preference. I still ride 7.5's while I wear size 14 US.

The thing about tricks coming and going happen to every one, the only solution is practice practice practice.

Title

There's nothing much we can really add besides keep practicing. We've all been through this.

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

Hey guys! Thanks for the replies. Today I noticed one more thing. My front wheels land before the back ones. Vid link below.
    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py6S...ature=youtu.be
    Can someone tell me how to fix that? I am sliding my front foot as far as I can and as hard as I can(Starting to get holes in my shoe). Is it because I have no forward momentum? Since I am doing it stationary.
    Also I wanna progress to moving ollies now. Can you guys give any tips on how to approach them.

Title
    Chronic Discontent

It still looks like the board doesn't stay with you while you slide your ollies, like there's no friction or anything and then you just fall back onto like a wet plop.

Title

It still looks like the board doesn't stay with you while you slide your ollies, like there's no friction or anything and then you just fall back onto like a wet plop.
    Hmm. Alright then I'm gonna change my grip then I guess and see if it makes any difference.

Title

you could check out the braille video how to ollie in a day that for sure helped me getting started

Title
    Chronic Discontent

get the fuck out of here with that braille cock sucking

SLZ ill agree with you to a degree but it was a ginuine answer.

shoot man you guys didnt explain stuff on that video (but for me to elaborate)

im still ollieing pretty weak on the roll so thatss why i didnt elaborate

though key point that got me up and going was the scrapping on the skateboard with good pair sneakers and the pop the board up X amount of times...

but thanks for the warm welcome appreciated
    hows it going

Title
    Chronic Discontent

Quote Originally Posted by odincent2 View Post
    SLZ ill agree with you to a degree but it was a ginuine answer.

shoot man you guys didnt explain stuff on that video (but for me to elaborate)

im still ollieing pretty weak on the roll so thatss why i didnt elaborate

though key point that got me up and going was the scrapping on the skateboard with good pair sneakers and the pop the board up X amount of times...

but thanks for the warm welcome appreciated
    hows it going
    I made an in-depth reply to his original thread and he deletes it right away rather than replying to me, and I am still trying to help him here but I am sorry I didn't meet your requirements.

Title

For a beginner, you are doing pretty well (at least for me). THIS one might motivate you though.