View Poll Results: Low-Top, Mid-Top, or High-Top?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low-Top

3 42.86%
  • Mid-Top

2 28.57%
  • High-Top

2 28.57%

Thread: Type of shoes

Post Type of shoes

So yeah I am back with a shoe topic... but not a question for me this time

What do you like to wear? Low-Top, Mid-Top, or High-Top shoes? And why?

I know that High-top offer more support in the ankles (and I may go for Vans sk8 hi slim, for that reason, anyways)

Your opinions guys
    Last edited by vanessa99beauty; 06-07-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Title

Back in the 80s I was wearing good old Chucks. Then sometime around the early 90s I moved on to low top Vans or Airwalks, and have stayed with low tops since. Mostly I wear low tops because.........well I have no idea I just do. Probably it's because they're what I find more of and more easily. Also I have to wear safety toe boots all day for work, so I really like low top sneakers.

Title
    Banned

I've been wearing high tops. My shoes are like tanks, really easy to skate with. Favorite skate shoes I've sakted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley360 View Post
    Back in the 80s I was wearing good old Chucks. Then sometime around the early 90s I moved on to low top Vans or Airwalks, and have stayed with low tops since. Mostly I wear low tops because.........well I have no idea I just do. Probably it's because they're what I find more of and more easily. Also I have to wear safety toe boots all day for work, so I really like low top sneakers.
    Ohh I see. Still low tops vans?

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenhope View Post
    I've been wearing high tops. My shoes are like tanks, really easy to skate with. Favorite skate shoes I've sakted.
    High tops for ankle safety?

Title
    Respected User

Low low low. More range of motion and reaction quickness.

Mids don't do anything for you. And it's been scientifically proven that highs aren't great for you either. The protection you gain in your ankles will transfer to more stress on your knees. In addition, your ankles will be conditioned to not react as quickly in troubling situations, also bad in the long run. See how after decades of basketball players wearing high tops, now the majority of them wear lows? I know it's counter-intuitive, and I used to believe in highs/mids too, but more recent medical research has shown they're not good.

An exception would be, when you're coming off of an ankle injury and need it protected temporarily, then wear highs.

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate
    Led Zeppelin, 151 & cranberry juice, skateboard+open road...

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    Low low low. More range of motion and reaction quickness.

Mids don't do anything for you. And it's been scientifically proven that highs aren't great for you either. The protection you gain in your ankles will transfer to more stress on your knees. In addition, your ankles will be conditioned to not react as quickly in troubling situations, also bad in the long run. See how after decades of basketball players wearing high tops, now the majority of them wear lows? I know it's counter-intuitive, and I used to believe in highs/mids too, but more recent medical research has shown they're not good.

An exception would be, when you're coming off of an ankle injury and need it protected temporarily, then wear highs.
    I have had a lot of ligament damage with my flicking foot, I nearly tore all the ligament like 3 different times skateboarding drunk. The ligaments connecting the foot to the ankle are kind of wonky, I can feel my foot go numb some times when I sit to take a shit on the toilet when I angle my leg in a direction.

I use high tops for skateboarding because I end up with some pain after like 10 minutes of skateboarding in low tops

Okay okay so it's 50/50 haha

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post
    I have had a lot of ligament damage with my flicking foot, I nearly tore all the ligament like 3 different times skateboarding drunk. The ligaments connecting the foot to the ankle are kind of wonky, I can feel my foot go numb some times when I sit to take a shit on the toilet when I angle my leg in a direction.

I use high tops for skateboarding because I end up with some pain after like 10 minutes of skateboarding in low tops
    Sounds like a good reason.