Thread: Skate shoes

Question Skate shoes

Hello everyone! Which skate shoe you wear?

Are Vans old skool good for a beginner? I am thinking to order one pair this month

(If mentioning a product, in not a part of the forum rules, please delete it)

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're welcome (and encouraged!) to talk about skate products, but please do so in the designated subforums. I just moved this thread for ya.

I really like Vans, but they can be a bit misleading because not all of their shoes were made with skating in mind. Generally I go for pro models or the actual pro series shoes, which are just updated versions of older models. They do make Old Skool Pros, so I would get those.
    Chase Gabor tied a kid down and sodomized him with a screwdriver.

Title
    Village Idiot

Emerica and Lakai are good skate shoe brands.

Quote Originally Posted by the_unknown_soldier View Post
    You're welcome (and encouraged!) to talk about skate products, but please do so in the designated subforums. I just moved this thread for ya.

I really like Vans, but they can be a bit misleading because not all of their shoes were made with skating in mind. Generally I go for pro models or the actual pro series shoes, which are just updated versions of older models. They do make Old Skool Pros, so I would get those.
    Thank you very much, for moving it, to be honest I didn't notice the shoes subforum

So you are telling to go for pro right? I haven't found pro in my shoe size here in Greece. I have found for the Vans authentic. What do you think about them?

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Emerica and Lakai are good skate shoe brands.
    No Lakai or Emerica in my shoe size

Title

Anything by emericas pretty fucking nice
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title
    Village Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by vanessa99beauty View Post
    Thank you very much, for moving it, to be honest I didn't notice the shoes subforum

So you are telling to go for pro right? I haven't found pro in my shoe size here in Greece. I have found for the Vans authentic. What do you think about them?

No Lakai or Emerica in my shoe size
    What about Nike SB or Adidas?

Title

I skate Adidas, specifically the Busenitz pro model. They're good for what I want in a shoe, and I support my favorite skater when I buy them. They're a bit on the expensive side though. Just do some research online before you buy anything (I know you're already doing this right now but still), usually when I do this I look up the website of the brand selling the shoe for information. maybe look up some youtube reviews if there is any. One of the most important things is stay away from canvas if you want any durability. suede and leather seem to be where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by oneday View Post
    Anything by emericas pretty fucking nice
    so, no Emericas in the stores I checked for my shoe size

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    What about Nike SB or Adidas?
    found some nike sb janoski but i don't really like them I also found some red janoski and a red satire II GS and the black nike zoom stefan janoski.
    all these in my size i am excited

Quote Originally Posted by Nsskater93 View Post
    I skate Adidas, specifically the Busenitz pro model. They're good for what I want in a shoe, and I support my favorite skater when I buy them. They're a bit on the expensive side though. Just do some research online before you buy anything (I know you're already doing this right now but still), usually when I do this I look up the website of the brand selling the shoe for information. maybe look up some youtube reviews if there is any. One of the most important things is stay away from canvas if you want any durability. suede and leather seem to be where it's at.
    no nope adidas in my size

by the way, I am wearing shoe size 35.5 or 36

Title
    Respected User

do fallen and és still exist?

Title

I get most of my shoes off ebay, most of the shoes I find are Globes so I have been skating them for awhile. They're pretty good, got a pair right now that are like tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by almost_mothrfckr View Post
    Sorry I didn't understand. Could you please ask again?

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenhope View Post
    I get most of my shoes off ebay, most of the shoes I find are Globes so I have been skating them for awhile. They're pretty good, got a pair right now that are like tanks.
    Thanks, I will check it out

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by almost_mothrfckr View Post
    fallen went out of business years ago, éS was on a hiatus for a while but were brought back a few years ago with no real team (just a few ambassadors like kelly hart) and mostly slimmed down re-issues of their classic shoes in their catalog, they're in a weird place right now.

to OP, fallen and éS are / were names of skate shoe brands
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    fallen went out of business years ago, éS was on a hiatus for a while but were brought back a few years ago with no real team (just a few ambassadors like kelly hart) and mostly slimmed down re-issues of their classic shoes in their catalog, they're in a weird place right now.

to OP, fallen and éS are / were names of skate shoe brands
    Thanks for the info!

Title
    Respected User

I personally have really good luck with durability from DC. Mainly the "S" models which stand for super suede.

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    I personally have really good luck with durability from DC. Mainly the "S" models which stand for super suede.
    Again not in my shoe size

So till now I have found some Vans and some Nike SB Janoskis

Soo I am between: Vans Sk8-Hi slim, Vans Sk8-Hi, Nike Sb stefan janoski gs university and Nike Sb zoom stefan janoski man

Vans sk8-Hi slim: features sturdy canvas uppers, padded collars for support and flexibility

Vans sk8-hi: features sturdy canvas and suede uppers, re-enforced toecaps to withstand repeated wear, padded collars for support and flexibility

Nike sb stefan janoski gs university: Leather and suede upper for comfort and style
    Low-cut profile for enhanced range of motion
    Nike Zoom Air in the sockliner for responsive cushioning
    Vulcanised rubber midsole for cushioning
    Durable rubber outsole with herringbone pattern for great traction

Nike Sb stefan janoski zoom max: Leather and synthetic upper for supreme comfort
    Nike Zoom for low-profile cushioning and lightweight performance
    Autoclave construction fuses the outsole to the upper for a classic, streamlined look and feel
    One-piece heel to midfoot overlay for streamlined support
    Perforations at vamp for breathability
    Rubber outsole with herringbone traction pattern for durability, superior grip and easy change of direction

Mm hard decision for me

Title
    A shitty island in Greece where skate spots dont exist and you get kicked out 24/7 pls kill me <3 :)

I live in Greece too xD
    I shop at shop.microxtreme.gr, skateshop.gr, frozenwave.gr or slutboardshop.gr
    They have plenty of shit to choose from. They have some Lakais for like 25 euros on Frozenwave i think.

shittherewassupposedtobeacommaonmyusername