Title

Default A deck for a 6ft tall guy

Hey all, I recently ordered an 8.5 deck online and now I'm getting kinda skeptical about the size of it. In my mind bigger and wider deck equals more sluggish execution of tricks. Should I go for a smaller deck or stick with this 8.5 one?

I ain't really that skilled considering I started a few months ago too, and the board I've been riding so far was a 7.75. Any advice on board size?

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

It's all personal preference, if you like the smaller boards ride them if you want to ride an ironing board then get on it.

I am 6 foot and have big feet, size 14 in US Mens but I still ride a 7.5 deck over any other sizes.

I like the way smaller boards feel, mini boards are fun for me as well.

Title
    olwXcrew

i dont really think theres a correlation between body/shoe size/etc and board size, more so just what people tend to prefer. as mentioned above sclz is 6ft, size 14 US mens and rides a 7.5. I'm about 5'9 maybe 5 10, a US 8 and I ride 8.5 and above. I have a friend whos probably about 6ft too, a US7 and all he rides is 7.75s. the general consensus is usually that smaller boards are lighter and easier to pop/flip/do fliptricks at the expense of being smaller, and wider boards are better for transition/stability/more room to land but are harder to flip and tend to be heavier. i like 8.5's as they feel more stable for me on transition but i have no problem flipping an 8.5 albeit tre flips were easier when i learned them on an 8.1. people tend to think that small shoe size = small board and big shoe size = big board but at the end of the day it still comes down to what you feel is most comfortable for you.

i think 8.25 is probably the best all around size and thats what most people i know ride, not the widest so its still easier to flip but it's not a pencil either so you've still got room to land so it's a happy medium. if you want it a little easier to flip you can try 8.125 or if you prefer the wider board you can try 8.38/8.4

Title

Alright, thanks for the info.

Just for reference, I'm a ~6ft (187cm), US shoe size 13. Guess I'm going to stick with an 8.0 or 8.25 for now. Thanks

Title

I am 6ft size 12 shoes. I skate 8s

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Title
    A shitty island in Greece where skate spots dont exist and you get kicked out 24/7 pls kill me <3 :)

I'm 6'2 (Around 1,89m) and i wear a size 12 (46EU i think) and i skate an 8 inch deck. Anything over 8 seems overkill to me.
    Hell, my friend's 8.25 Real is like a damn boat to me, it's way too big on my feet. 8 is the perfect size in my opinion

shittherewassupposedtobeacommaonmyusername

Title
    Village Idiot

8 is a pretty good all around size.

Title

I'm 5'8 with size 9.5 feet and anything under 8.2" feels small to me. There isn't a set standard for it. Find what you like, experiment. I had decks all the way from 7.5 to 8.5 and I finally found that sweet spot.

Title

8.25!!!

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper