3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • Duh

1 33.33%
  • No

2 66.67%

Title

Default Should I just start buying Swiss?

I'm noticing a lot of the cheaper bearings tend to slow down pretty easy and I'm tired of having to fork out money for new ones all the time. Should I just start buying swiss? I know this is pretty much a no brainer but they're pretty expensive so I wanna get some input.

Vote and comment on your experience with the regular bones swiss, the labyrinths or the 6's if you have any. Other bearing recommendations are welcome but specifically looking for feedback on the swiss.
    Last edited by Nsskater93; 04-23-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Title
    Village Idiot

I'd get Andale Swiss bearings. They're cheaper than other Swiss bearings and they're just as good.

Title
    olwXcrew

decent bearings and regular cleaning will keep em running fine, set of reds with some speed cream and you're set. if you're not cleaning em even the swiss will degrade over time, you could buy one of those bones proper cleaners or just do what i used to do; whack em all in a bottle with the shields off, fill the bottle covering the bearings with a citrus based cleaner, shake the fucker up for a minutes, let it settle and do another few minutes then clean em off with a baby wipe, dry and apply some speed cream. got a bit lazy with maintenence now but that set of reds lasted a good 2 1/2 - 3 years

Title

I get mini logo/reds and use speed cream if they start slowing down and i havent had a problem
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title

I think I might just buy one set (either andale swiss or bones) and see how they hold up compared to other bearings I tried. Basically I'm just wondering if the speed/quality difference is enough to throw 70 bucks Canadian on a set just for the experience.

Title

@DHJS I've heard this about citrus based cleaners on a lot of different forums, what exactly do you mean by citrus based cleaners though? I know it sounds pretty straightforward but I'm not sure what to go out and buy.

Title
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title

Bones swiss are totally worth it. Be careful buying them on amazon and eBay cause people are selling tons of fakes. If you buy bones swiss and they say Made In China, they are fake. All Bones Swiss bearings are produced in Switzerland. I think most people who ride swiss don't go back from my experience and working in a shop for 15 years. I've been riding swiss (while testing out new bearings here and there) and I always go back to swiss.

Title

Sure Swiss bearings are good but buying a cheap set of bearings for $8 from TGM Skateboards would do you perfectly fine. As long as you clean and oil your bearings they should last a long while. Buying brand name isn't always better. I run off of bearings that don't even go by a brand and people always comment on how smooth my board rolls. That's just my preference lol. Do what your gut tells ya.

My super reds seem on par with my Swiss Lab L2 for half the price.