Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

I'm equally scared of both parties...a lot of democrats are just ridiculous to the point where it's just as toxic as the extreme republicans.

Vote Vermin Supreme 2021

FREE PONIES

Title
    \_(ツ)_/

I think every facet of our government and political system needs work, but the whole false equivalency thing with Democrats and Republicans is straight up trite. Democrats have got some shit too, but there's a pretty big difference between their corruption and the Republican's destructive disdain and disregard for the function of government (with a side of corruption). Obviously corruption is bad, but I'm more afraid of the dissolution of functionality as a government and a democracy, and I see the Republican's actions over the last eight to ten years as a direct assault on that, and pretending those things are as bad is just simply false. Democrats never shut down the entire government for an idealistic and unrealistic ultimatum (tasked by an unelected official), never purposefully removed federal subsidies from Obamacare in their states so it would fail at the expense of the poor and uninsured, never passed or tried to pass nationally coordinated and persistent voter laws that make it harder for minorities to vote, never wasted taxpayer money by taking the same issue to court over 30 times, never used questionable sources to launch endless investigations which waste more taxpayer money, I mean shit man, I'm just going off the top of my head and I have to cut myself off. They obviously as a party are more interested in obstruction and proving the government doesn't work by not doing their job and I'm sick of people saying that's okay. It's not okay.

Case in point, any church in the country can still deny to marry a gay couple. Marriage isn't a Christian thing, it happens all over the world. Allowing homosexual marriage does not effect Christian doctrine at all. I'll never understand why people get so upset about other people doing things that don't affect them. I get they don't see it as marriage, but they don't have to, it's not their marriage. We have freedom of religion in this country and also a strong aversion to "separate but equal" (it didn't really work before), in other words we have no reason not to allow gay marriage, not the other way around. I realize this is very off topic from the initial discussion, but how are the two comparable at all?!

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

What I meant is that the shit going on in colleges with kids going ape shit over pronouns and fake cries of racism,people being Nazis, screaming like animals over people. I mean they are literally acting like fucking animals picking over every word that comes of your mouth choosing which to be offended about.

I'm all for people doing what ever they want as long as they aren't harming people, but the gender stuff has hit a point that even ACTUAL transsexuals who've been that way for decades are tired of these fuckers using them to further their bull shit.

I just miss when there was compromise and checks and balances. Both parties had good ideas and were able to stop the ridiculous ones. Politicians need to grow the fuck up,stop being so militant, be open to others ideas and not just stick to their party's rhetoric. If one or the other agrees with the opposing party they are shunned.

We also need to fuck off with political "pundits" and 24 hour news networks run by morons spouting shit to fill time....we don't care about your ideas...that's the point of the news. Report what's happening and then let people decide for themselves what they believe etc. If you can't form your own ideas then sit the fuck down, turn off your social media and read a mother fucking book.

Also, you can get married anywhere, who cares about marrying in a church. Obviously most churches especially Catholic don't like homosexuality so why would they allow them to marry in their place of worship when to them it's blasphemous. I'm not religious, but it seems counterproductive to throw a hissy fit that the place who doesn't approve of your life choices doesn't want your marriage or union done there.

I mean that's kinda like having a hotdog stand outside a mosque. It's gonna piss them off.
    Last edited by Popwar Pill; 06-03-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Title
    Tru Playa Fo Real
    Dance Hall King

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_wigger View Post
    Don't look to the Democrats for reform lol, they haven't been getting their shit together like they were planning to. Hoping that Trump is "bad enough" that people will automatically vote Dem will only take them so far. Both parties need a lot of fresh ideas if they want to keep on keeping on.
    Dems are not 100% without fault but...

-Sweeping health care reform that put a major dent into the % of uninsured in America and made health care more feasible for the masses.

-Reforming the education system and pushing toward free community college.

-Weaning the US off of fossil fuels and toward cleaner, more renewable energy.

-Campaign finance reform.

Those are just a few things I can list off the top of my head, all of them being pushed by Dems. All reforms with very real arguments as to why they would brighten our future. What has Trump and the Repub machine done in the last few months? Undo as much of the policies of the prior administration with no true, progressive plan to replace them with. We are moving backward, back to the mid 1900s in some cases (fuckin coal, srsly?). That's just pitiful. It's a damn pissing contest now and so much of it is about pride and winning votes and not about true reform and pushing this country forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    I mean yep. I'm just so fucking depressed about this whole thing that I've just blocked it out as best I can. The entire republican party has gotten so brainwashed/desperate for power and relevance in a changing america that they'd vote Satan if Jesus ran as a democrat. And then people complain about how "polarized" both sides are and I'm like guys there's only one party here that's actually trying to burn down the entire fabric of our democracy, destroy a world coalition that's kept us free from wars/nuclear cataclysms post WW2, and do irreparable damage to our planet.

But emails bro
    Spot on. Back in January or so I was all fired up and was staying informed, trying to get involved. Now I've all but given up hope. I kind of block out most news, it's just pointless. People have become so ignorant and self-motivated. It's so sad but it's almost as if we need a major tragedy/disaster to wake people up. American exceptionalism is at an all-time high, and it's terrifying. People think we can fix the entire world by BEING GREAT!!! AMERICA! BUSINESS! MILITARY! GUNS! PRIVATIZE!!!!

But..emails..

Meanwhile out commander in chief is insulting the entire world on Twitter, ruining relationships with incredibly powerful allies, and spewing classified information to make himself feel more important.

Title
    Another Green World

Quote Originally Posted by The One Who Once Was View Post
    Dems are not 100% without fault but...

-Sweeping health care reform that put a major dent into the % of uninsured in America and made health care more feasible for the masses.

-Reforming the education system and pushing toward free community college.

-Weaning the US off of fossil fuels and toward cleaner, more renewable energy.

-Campaign finance reform.

Those are just a few things I can list off the top of my head, all of them being pushed by Dems. All reforms with very real arguments as to why they would brighten our future. What has Trump and the Repub machine done in the last few months? Undo as much of the policies of the prior administration with no true, progressive plan to replace them with. We are moving backward, back to the mid 1900s in some cases (fuckin coal, srsly?). That's just pitiful. It's a damn pissing contest now and so much of it is about pride and winning votes and not about true reform and pushing this country forward.

Spot on. Back in January or so I was all fired up and was staying informed, trying to get involved. Now I've all but given up hope. I kind of block out most news, it's just pointless. People have become so ignorant and self-motivated. It's so sad but it's almost as if we need a major tragedy/disaster to wake people up. American exceptionalism is at an all-time high, and it's terrifying. People think we can fix the entire world by BEING GREAT!!! AMERICA! BUSINESS! MILITARY! GUNS! PRIVATIZE!!!!

But..emails..

Meanwhile out commander in chief is insulting the entire world on Twitter, ruining relationships with incredibly powerful allies, and spewing classified information to make himself feel more important.
    The worst part of it all is that George W Bush was not that long ago. How the fuck did people forget this shit? Like by the end of 2007 people on both sides were both in agreement that this was a horrible path to be going down, and in retrospect, he looks like Franklin Roosevelt compared to this guy. The first six months of Trump's presidency have made the man look like a saint by comparison, and he was a horrible president who should never have been elected..but I never once felt fear for my life or the future of the planet with that guy.

Republicans have spent the past 8 years being brainwashed by bullshit conspiracy theories and have delusional ideas on almost anything of importance. I can't believe it's 2017 and there are people out there who think The New York Times is fake news, climate change isn't real, and that Donald "grab em by the pussy" Trump, the inspiration for Biff in Back to the Future two, has all the answers just because he says so.

In a weird way, I kind of understand it. The entire duration of Obama's presidency felt like this to the right. They invented crazy apocalyptic conspiracy theories about the man throughout his presidency, and I do believe it seemed real to them.

So now I, and every other sane person in this country, feels that way, the only difference is that this shit is actually happening in real life to us and isn't a figment of our imaginations.

Fuck any republican still backing this lunatic, you sold our democracy to fucking Russia just out of petty spite. You are all traitors to the Constitution and the founding fathers, but I'm sure in your heads, we're all just a bunch of "snowflakes" for actually giving a shit about our country.

Title
    Perma Banned

One thing you need to know about Trump: He took $100,000 out of a charity for kids with cancer. Before you call fake news, there are numerous sources to confirm this. CNN didn't even mention it. The only way the Democrats can win is if a progressive justice Democrat runs for 2020 in the primaries like Bernie or Elizabeth. If Hillary wins 2020, then the Democrats are stupid. $1 billion was wasted on her failed campaign. I can't stand Trump and consider him a disgrace but having to pick between the lesser of two evils gets us nowhere and I would argue that sjws and Obama's disappointing presidency resulted in Trump being elected. No many people supported him. They simply couldn't stand Hillary and how corrupt she is.

The last great president was Jimmy Carter in my opinion and I hold no bias since I was born in 98. Carter never fired a missle, helped the economy, and has done an excellent job in fighting this awful guinea worm disease, and he was a great president.

He wasn't a bad president because he did a bad job. The people did a bad job in not supporting him. Carter was the first president that wasn't racist and he is the most progressive president we ever had. Being a president is not an easy job.

Title

Trump definitely represents the beginning of the end of America in my opinion, but he won't be the end...I feel like Trump is a blown tire on a highway, and America will just make it to the shoulder safely, even if it's gotta duck and weave oncoming collisions. It's just really hard to tell where things will go but I highly doubt America is going to go up in flames just yet.

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Perma Banned

[QUOTE=Larz;5620132]Trump definitely represents the beginning of the end of America

Ronald Reagan was the beginning of the end. Donald Trump is literally the next Reagan. They have identical political ideologies and both are incompetent in foreign policy. I mean, fucking Reagan armed the mujahideen and those same people became Al Qaeda. I don't understand how people think Reagan is a great president. He was honestly horrible and overrated because he was Trump before Trump was a even running.

Title
    Village Idiot

There are going to be people to keep him in check. He doesn't have absolute power.

Title
    Tru Playa Fo Real
    Dance Hall King

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    The worst part of it all is that George W Bush was not that long ago. How the fuck did people forget this shit? Like by the end of 2007 people on both sides were both in agreement that this was a horrible path to be going down, and in retrospect, he looks like Franklin Roosevelt compared to this guy. The first six months of Trump's presidency have made the man look like a saint by comparison, and he was a horrible president who should never have been elected..but I never once felt fear for my life or the future of the planet with that guy.

Republicans have spent the past 8 years being brainwashed by bullshit conspiracy theories and have delusional ideas on almost anything of importance. I can't believe it's 2017 and there are people out there who think The New York Times is fake news, climate change isn't real, and that Donald "grab em by the pussy" Trump, the inspiration for Biff in Back to the Future two, has all the answers just because he says so.

In a weird way, I kind of understand it. The entire duration of Obama's presidency felt like this to the right. They invented crazy apocalyptic conspiracy theories about the man throughout his presidency, and I do believe it seemed real to them.

So now I, and every other sane person in this country, feels that way, the only difference is that this shit is actually happening in real life to us and isn't a figment of our imaginations.

Fuck any republican still backing this lunatic, you sold our democracy to fucking Russia just out of petty spite. You are all traitors to the Constitution and the founding fathers, but I'm sure in your heads, we're all just a bunch of "snowflakes" for actually giving a shit about our country.
    My brother and I had a similar conversation about ol Dubya. We both said things along the lines of, "Never thought we'd make ti to a point where we'd prefer Bush over the Republican president..." I'm on the same page with you there, a terrible, terrible president who is already considered one of the worst in history and I'd still take him over this buffoon.

It's seriously a weird and mind-blowing time in history. People will believe anything. I'm sure there are loads of reasons for it, but in my opinion a lot of it comes down to arrogance and self-righteousness. It's so obvious the only intention of the current regime is to undo everything of Obama they can. They're rushing policy through, ignoring important events, and just downright lying. People will justify anything. It's so interesting and terrifying how brainwashed all these conservatives have become.

It's all just a fucking cheesy ad campaign. When have people worn hats (foreign-made) advertising the president after he's elected? When have people bought cheap goods with a slogan on it? Of course you have the dedicated few that have always, but those usually are the people involved in the campaign and volunteers who dedicate an immense amount of time to it. We've had bumper stickers and yard signs for awhile, but this a new level. It's a cheesy fucking ad campaign and the majority of this country got sold by a con artist. The presidency and government isn't about advertising or business.

People still baffle me. Talking to someone recently about Sling TV (which is what I use for live TV), one of their first questions was, "Does it include Fox News?" I said no, laughed and said I think it had CNN (I'm not one to watch TV news networks, I seek information and read it). They instantly shot Sling down and said they would never commit to that service solely because they did not include Fox News and instead had CNN. Seriously..? You're making decisions on TV providers based on a station so biased it's more propaganda and entertainment than news?

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. And history does always repeat itself. So many Americans are complacent and fucking lazy. Give them a big screen TV, fattening food, a recliner, and some group in society to blame all the problems on and they're set. Hey, it is a lot easier to just state how you feel, ignore the truth, live in blissful ignorance, and just make yourself believe your fantasy world is a utopia..

Title
    Banned

Hilary says "ya know it's awfully great that someone with the temperament of Donald isn't in the White House"
    DT "because you'd be in jail"

Title
    My Balls Itch

really nervous about the healthcare bill. i think it's going to pass too. both my brother and my dad have pre-existing conditions and my brother requires a surgery on his heart every 10 years.

meanwhile, i know a bunch of dumbasses that have diabetes or go to a methadone clinic, etc that are stoked that this is going to pass. it's fucking unbelievable.
    skate or die g times

Title
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by igrindtwinkies View Post
    really nervous about the healthcare bill. i think it's going to pass too. both my brother and my dad have pre-existing conditions and my brother requires a surgery on his heart every 10 years.

meanwhile, i know a bunch of dumbasses that have diabetes or go to a methadone clinic, etc that are stoked that this is going to pass. it's fucking unbelievable.

I'm on my parents' insurance for another month and the dread is just setting in knowing there's no way I'll be able to afford insurance on my own with my current situation. I'm busing ass to find a job that'll give me some good benefits but it ain't easy.

Title
    Banned

Oddly enough I like Donald Trump

Title
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Swetshirt View Post
    Oddly enough I like Donald Trump
    You seem pretty stupid so it's not actually very odd.

Title
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the_unknown_soldier View Post
    You seem pretty stupid so it's not actually very odd.
    How tolerant of you liberal.

"The left is eating away at itself" JoeRoganExperience

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Quote Originally Posted by the_unknown_soldier View Post
    I'm on my parents' insurance for another month and the dread is just setting in knowing there's no way I'll be able to afford insurance on my own with my current situation. I'm busing ass to find a job that'll give me some good benefits but it ain't easy.
    not like it's affordable now outside of a work policy

Title
    blunted in a 600

In the US it's understandable for under 30s to have health insurance, but in Australia, not really. A lot of friends are doing it and at this age it's just too expensive. One guy complains about not being able to afford groceries but then he's like 'gonna get my $30/week health insurance tho!!!' for us it's probably better to self insure - I mean, like one dentist visit a year, maybe glasses, maybe a couple of phys appointments
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    In the US it's understandable for under 30s to have health insurance, but in Australia, not really. A lot of friends are doing it and at this age it's just too expensive. One guy complains about not being able to afford groceries but then he's like 'gonna get my $30/week health insurance tho!!!' for us it's probably better to self insure - I mean, like one dentist visit a year, maybe glasses, maybe a couple of phys appointments
    30 aud? that sounds pretty fucking sweet to me. thats about what i paid at work, now best i can do now is ~200usd+ a month for some shitty hsa, massive deductible and copay

Title
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Swetshirt View Post
    How tolerant of you liberal.

"The left is eating away at itself" JoeRoganExperience
    No, I'm just saying it makes sense that somebody who's not very smart would support Trump.

Title
    Tru Playa Fo Real
    Dance Hall King

Quote Originally Posted by UrMomSkatesMongo View Post
    not like it's affordable now outside of a work policy
    I pay $40 a month for mine straight from the Marketplace (granted I also am living on student loans this year so I get a decent tax break)...

The Health Care bill is the biggest hypocrisy of all. It's just a giant, petty game of spite. We're gonna go right back to the broken system we had before with insurance companies stealign our money and fattening their pockets. Repubs back then blasted Dems for trying to "rush" a bill through and put it down for 8 years for no reason other than it being a policy pushed by Dems. They obstructed it from day one. Now you have these corporate monsters pushing through a bill that will affect every single American in secrecy. What a damn joke...

Now, let's pretend we had some sort of working across the aisle and then think about where our health care system may be. Repubs have tried to sabotage this law from the beginning. They care about their legacy and their pockets and not the common good of the American people.

Someone explain yo me how when the majority of the public supports a policy it is still just find and dandy to repeal it in secret? Doesn't sound like a democracy to me, sounds like an oligarchy.
    Last edited by The One Who Once Was; 06-21-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

I just got insurance this year, I pay 120 a month, but I also have to see my doctor every month. My meds went down 50 bucks and my visits went down 70. So in actuality it's the same, but at least my cap is 2.7k which if I ever got fucked up would save my ass. It's retarded that we are the only country you can be in financial ruin over being sick

Title
    Village Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Popwar Pill View Post
    I just got insurance this year, I pay 120 a month, but I also have to see my doctor every month. My meds went down 50 bucks and my visits went down 70. So in actuality it's the same, but at least my cap is 2.7k which if I ever got fucked up would save my ass. It's retarded that we are the only country you can be in financial ruin over being sick
    We're also one of the most advanced and developed countries too.

Title
    Banned

Donald Trump is on the come up to be the best president ever

Title
    Village Idiot

No, far from it. He did things like the Muslim ban and other stupid shit. I'd say one of the best presidents is FDR. He saved the US from the Great Depression.