Title

Default How to float ollies more? (video included)

I am skating for several months now and i pretty much land every ollie stationary.Recently i started to learn how to ollie over things but the question here is how to make my ollies float more?
    I think i have enough speed and just cant understend why i cant do a long ollie.Any help will be appreciated.

Here is link to my ollie video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8pjpXQNyvs
    (ollie at 0:17)

Cheers.

Title

You need to keep working on them and keep practicing. Eventually you will get the feel of it when you have more control over the ollie. You will notice once you have better control it would feel more natural and you can hop over anything. It's hard to get an idea of how your timing and front foot guides the board but it will just click one day when you least expect it so I suggest to keep working on it and try to ollie over different objects and speed and curbs and what not.
    360 Flip!

Title

Its about leg strength and technique of the ollie. It does take some time to get your ollies to look good. I try to put my front foot on the board more if i want to ollie higher
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title

Speed and lifting your legs high and holding it. Check out Jordan's hoffarts world record Ollie.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Ju0npak View Post
    Speed and lifting your legs high and holding it. Check out Jordan's hoffarts world record Ollie.
    That was fucking insane man
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title

do some really fat ones height wise going at a safe speed in your own opinion. if they are popping straight do em as fast as you can even if they dont pop much try and lift your backfoot up in the air more and place your front foot closer to the middle of the board before popping n sliding it up to the nose good luck

Title

That ollie wasn't bad - you were going decently fast. With practice you'll get more comfortable getting your back leg up and levelling it out.

Title
    Blatht up on thum Terries

Quote Originally Posted by Imhiasakite View Post
    do some really fat ones height wise going at a safe speed in your own opinion. if they are popping straight do em as fast as you can even if they dont pop much try and lift your backfoot up in the air more and place your front foot closer to the middle of the board before popping n sliding it up to the nose good luck
    this. Put your front foot in the middle of the board, straight across. Then, after you pop, make sure you lift your back leg up as least as high as your front leg. If you watch your video in slo-mo you can see that your back leg is what kept you from ollieing higher.

Practice squatting lower and lower before you pop, it will let you boost higher as you spring up.

I learned to ollie high with bricks. We'd just put a brick on the sidewalk, ollie over that, and then stack another one on top. Once you can do that, add another. It sounds really simple but it helps so much. Also, by using something solid, like bricks, you 100% know if you clipped them or not (you landed on your sweatshirt). It will help you with your timing.

Finally, my little secret to ollieing high is to bend my legs in towards each other before I pop, so my knees actually touch. Then, once I pop, I try and lift my legs as high as possible. I imagine my knees touching my chest.

Keep practicing, try some of those tips ^ and you'll get them much better.