Title

Default The old mans board...

Just wanted to show you young whipper snappers what a REAL board looks like! This sucker is going on 30yrs old. LOL! I have to say though this was the last board that I skated and that was only for a few months before I gave it up....well, at least till recently...now my son is wanting to skate some more so I knocked the dust off of it took and the park. Now I am wondering why in the hell I gave it up.... Well...as you can see it is past its prime...so, I've about decided to go with either a Welcome Sledgehammer or Banshee. Haven't quite decided between the two yet. Some Powell Peralta G bone wheels, and some Independent Stage 11 trucks.

this sucker is 10" x 31.5"

Title

riding 9'' boards and listening to MC Hammer... good old days

XD

Title

Welcome have such groovy shapes , I've bought and left in Copenhagen a neat 8.75 program cruiser. I'd just say make sure your next one has a satisfying nose :)

Title
    Respected User

damn, glory days eh

Title
    Respected User

Pretty rad, dude. How about checking out Welcome's Chris Miller board?

I've yet to have the desire to go back to old shaped boards. I wouldn't mind some old iconic graphics on popsicles, but most of the time, they're on board companies I'm not really into.

Title
    Blatht up on thum Terries

I'm pretty damn old, when I started all boards were pretty much that same shape^ maybe a little less nose. I learned to ollie on something pretty close to that though, a Veriflex I bought from Target. I have no interest in shaped boards other than for cruising. I like my flip tricks, therefore I like my popsicles

Title

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_wigger View Post
    damn, glory days eh
    LOL! Ya, I guess you could say that. I'm definitely not getting back into skating to relive those days though. Broke my back when I was 19 so that limited me afterwards. Mainly wanting a new board because I like to ride. Of course I'll still do some small things...grinds, kickflips, ect...font have any ambitions to get back on the big ramps and half pipes anymore. Mostly I won't to get back on because I get to spend time with my son while he still wants to. He's almost 16, has a girlfriend, about to get his full license and after that I know what happens. Dad takes the back seat. It's all cool though. I know how it turns out. He's encouraging me at this point for time to skate together so I'm going to take the advantage!

Title

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    Pretty rad, dude. How about checking out Welcome's Chris Miller board?

I've yet to have the desire to go back to old shaped boards. I wouldn't mind some old iconic graphics on popsicles, but most of the time, they're on board companies I'm not really into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    I'm pretty damn old, when I started all boards were pretty much that same shape^ maybe a little less nose. I learned to ollie on something pretty close to that though, a Veriflex I bought from Target. I have no interest in shaped boards other than for cruising. I like my flip tricks, therefore I like my popsicles
    Ya. I looked at the Miller board. It was on my short list. I liked it as well. Decided on the Sledgehammer though. I guess I'll see if I made the right decision when it comes in. Hopefully Monday. As far as shaped boards go, they aren't for everyone. I definitely think everyone should ride what makes them happy. BUT! Remember, everything always comes back around. Just like the south....shaped boards WILL rise again!!! LOL!

Title
    Respected User

We should have another head count. Am I the designated oldest active member now at 44. I remember there were some older guys, but I haven't seen them post in a while.

Title
    Blatht up on thum Terries

You got me beat by 7 years mayne. Isn't King old? Or snake?

Brotha man was up there too but he's retired to the confines of the cafe.

Title

Changing everything but bearings?

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhackerxr98 View Post
    Changing everything but bearings?
    Getting a whole new setup.
    Welcome Lovewatcher on Sledgehammer Skateboard Deck - Gold Dip - 9.0 AQ878BF-apply_grip_tape-AQ6FA5B-AQ0A438-AQ019AA 1
    Simple
    1 x Welcome Lovewatcher on Sledgehammer Skateboard Deck - Gold Dip - 9.0 $49.95 AQ6FA5B
    Grip Tape
    1 x Jessup Black Griptape $6.95 AQ019AA
    Add A Skate Tool?
    1 x CCS Skate Tool $9.95 AQ0A438
    Apply Grip Tape?
    1 x Apply Grip Tape $0.00 apply_grip_tape
    Independent Stage 11 Forged Titanium Skateboard Trucks - Gold/Black AQ3C19F-AQ3CDDA-AQ0D195 1
    SELECT SIZE
    1 x Independent Stage 11 Forged Titanium Skateboard Trucks - Gold/Black - 159mm $65.95 AQ3CDDA
    Add Mounting Hardware?
    1 x Modus Skateboard Mounting Hardware - Allen - 1.25" $5.95 AQ0D195
    Landyachtz Street Hawgs Longboard Wheels 57mm AQ0461A-AQ04601 1
    Simple
    1 x Landyachtz Street Hawgs Wheels 57mm 99a White $35.95 AQ04601
    Bones Super Reds Bearings AQ001B7 1
    Khiro 1/8" Hard Riser Pads - Small AQ047D5 1
    Welcome Candy Bar Rail - White AQ3CA08 1

Title

What the fuck was that

Title
    Respected User

$6.95 for Jessup?

I don't know about those wheels either.

Title

$6.95 for Jessup?

I don't know about those wheels either.
    Ya. The Jessup is a bit high, but there isn't anywhere to buy it here so...beats paying shipping for just tape from somewhere else.

We'll see about the wheel. I was initially going with Powell G-bones but decided to go with something a bit smaller and lighter.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by bowyorang View Post
    Ya. The Jessup is a bit high, but there isn't anywhere to buy it here so...beats paying shipping for just tape from somewhere else.

We'll see about the wheel. I was initially going with Powell G-bones but decided to go with something a bit smaller and lighter.
    It's free over at Skatewarehouse, or you can get Mob M-80 over there as well free. And free ground shipping.

Title
    Respected User

damn lone I didn't know you're that old, I do remember you posting some old school photos I think but I thought they were more recent lol

Title

It's free over at Skatewarehouse, or you can get Mob M-80 over there as well free. And free ground shipping.
    Thanks! I'll keep that in mind next time!