Default Intoducing Crumpet Skateboards

Coming soon................tell us what you think of our draft graphic (click attached Jpeg below to view image).

Ride Crumpet
    FINAL CRUMPET pink knockers.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a picture of the first Crumpet prototype - currently being tested on the Gold Coast, Australia. Its the Crumpet cruiser with 'Krux' high 8.25" trucks and 78A Vault Cue Balls 65mm wheels. Great board for cruising all types of terrain.

Crumpet Cruiser.jpg
    Last edited by Crumpet_Skateboards; 01-08-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Title
    ))<>((

The branding seems confused. What's your business identity? Other than a skater who likes ladies. Crumpet seems to be a last name? The bikini R isn't doing it for me. If you clean up the look, maybe you can develop a line of boards with some sexier stuff, assuming that's the image you want. If the decks are high quality, you can easily improve on graphics/branding.

Title

5.2/10

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Hump it for a crumpet

Title

Been a minute since I ate a crumpet

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Appreciate that feedback, the decks are high quality 7 ply Canadian maple that are light and responsive. We do not currently have a deck with any fibre for added strength for those who want to go big but we are considering this as the next development.

We are working to clean up those graphics before we go to print, the ones i have posted are only rough hand sketches as concepts but the name Crumpet Skateboards will remain. Its also likely that we will only release one design every year and that design will never be repeated again in the future, evolution of the brand.

Thanks

Title

That last idea sounds pretty cool honestly

Thanks folr the feedback everyone.

We have engaged a graphic designer who is working on our logo so looking forward to some big improvements on my rough sketches and concept designs, however, id still like our CRUMPET logo to be front and centre. We have also been setting up the business which takes some time, there is a long list of things to resolve.

It could take several more months before we are ready to put the first decks out to the market but we are progressing, i'd rather the team take a little longer and get things 100% right than rush out a product thats not up to scratch. Meanwhile i'll keeping test riding our Crumpet prototype.

All the best.

Hi everyone,

Apologies for being absent for so long, the last few months have been crazy with a mix of research and product development consuming all of our time.

We made the decision that we did not have the facilities or equipment to manufacture our own decks at this early stage of the business so we have out-sourced it. However, the long term plan is to do all of our deck manufacturing ourselves.

Every aspect of our new decks is customised we have specified the nose & tail dimensions, the concave, the glue/adhesive and hand selected the Canadian maple. These decks are a seven (7) ply construction (hydraulically pressed) and are durable, light and responsive. We strictly control the manufacturing process to get the best product possible. The new glue/adhesive we are using provides better de-lamination prevention properties and has an elasticity to it that improves pop and retains that pop for a longer period.

Our decks will be on the market before Xmas this year and will come in sizes 7.5", 7.75", 8.0" and 8.25". Our decks will come with a high quality die cut 'CRUMPET' grip tape (i have been using this grip tape for the last two years in testing).

While deck build quality is our man focus we are also differentiating ourselves from the rest of the market by custom spray painting all the graphics on our decks ourselves (each deck is individual). Graphics on most other decks in the market are mass printed, typically in China - that's not us.

We are looking at a price point of $80.00 (AU) which is competitive and yet reflects the quality of out decks.

We are essentially a small startup at present but we have plans to build the business. Bearings and t-shirts will probably be our next two products as we have had a few requests for these already from friends and fellow skaters.

I have attached a few pictures of some more prototypes (all custom spray painted by us), let me know what you think. They don't all have the final Crumpet Skateboards logo on them yet as we are waiting for our new stickers to arrive. I have also blacked out an image on the logos shown as we are no longer using it.

Quality could be better on these images but i can't seem to upload hi res images so i've had to reduce their size and quality.

Deck_5_web_white.jpg

Deck_2_web_black.jpg

Deck_1_web.jpg

Deck_4_web_blue.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crumpet_Skateboards; 09-18-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Title
    Outside youre Local Vapour and Eciggerate Store

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet_Skateboards View Post
    Hi everyone,

Apologies for being absent for so long, the last few months have been crazy with a mix of research and product development consuming all of our time.

We made the decision that we did not have the facilities or equipment to manufacture our own decks at this early stage of the business so we have out-sourced it. However, the long term plan is to do all of our deck manufacturing ourselves.

Every aspect of our new decks is customised we have specified the nose & tail dimensions, the concave, the glue/adhesive and hand selected the Canadian maple. These decks are a seven (7) ply construction (hydraulically pressed) and are durable, light and responsive. We strictly control the manufacturing process to get the best product possible. The new glue/adhesive we are using provides better de-lamination prevention properties and has an elasticity to it that improves pop and retains that pop for a longer period.

Our decks will be on the market before Xmas this year and will come in sizes 7.5", 7.75", 8.0" and 8.25".

While deck build quality is our man focus we are also differentiating ourselves from the rest of the market by custom spray painting all the graphics on our decks ourselves (each deck is individual). Graphics on most other decks in the market are mass printed, typically in China - that's not us.

We are looking at a price point of $80.00 (AU) which is competitive and yet reflects the quality of out decks.

We are essentially a small startup at present but we have plans to build the business. Bearings and t-shirts will probably be our next two products as we have had a few requests for these already from friends and fellow skaters.

I have attached a few pictures of some more prototypes (all custom spray painted by us), let me know what you think. They don't all have the final Crumpet Skateboards logo on them yet as we are waiting for our new stickers to arrive. I have also blacked out an image on the logos shown as we are no longer using it.

Quality could be better on these images but i can't seem to upload hi res images so i've had to reduce their size and quality.

Deck_5_web_white.jpg

Deck_2_web_black.jpg

Deck_1_web.jpg

Deck_4_web_blue.jpg
    Not to sound harsh but I wouldn't buy a deck looking like that for even 30$usd. Do you skate?

ようれ あっっ ふぁっごっ

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, i skate most days, got the scars and plenty of banged up joints.

I guess skateboarding is very individual and everyone has different tastes when it comes to graphics, wheels, bearings, trucks and most other things so you just have to pick what you like. There is a big market out there with lots of different people who all like different things. We do already have back orders from local skaters and friends and interest from one skate shop but are unable to fill these orders until our decks arrive and are custom painted.

We could have had our graphics mass printed in a factory like the other companies but that's not what our business is about. We want to be different and have a unique superior product that's built to our design and specification and has artwork we have made ourselves. We have had interest from some local artists who want to paint up a few decks so that will be an interesting process but cool all the same and should produce some very different deck graphics. There are some very talented street artists here in Australia.

Additionally, we are in the process of putting together a promotional video show casing our decks and it all looks a lot better when you see a highly skilled skater in action and one of those decks grinding a long rail or jumping a stair case (with his res images and video).

Keep an eye on us and hopefully some day we will punch out a graphic that suits your taste. Throw us some ideas.

Regards
    Last edited by Crumpet_Skateboards; 09-18-2017 at 04:43 AM.

Title
    ))<>((

Good luck with it! If you are confident in your local support, I am sure you'll grow the business. It will be interesting to see you reach that crossroads where you're saturated and can no longer produce all your decks individually.

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Good luck man, make Australia proud ;)

Thanks Shampoo an White Trash - appreciate the support.

We intend to stick at this and make it a success, i'm sure some things wont go to plan but hopefully others exceed our expectations. The main thing is, just like skate boarding - never give up -its only through persistence and perseverance that you achieve your goals and i think everyone who has ever stuck at skateboarding knows that feeling, its in our blood, you fall down, you get smashed up and you get back on and try again. That's the stuff skaters are made of and can connect with and that's what our brand is about.

Take care everyone.

Crumpet!! - we are going to kick some arse.
    Last edited by Crumpet_Skateboards; 09-19-2017 at 02:32 AM.