Thread: To old?

Title

Default To old?

Hi guys!

So its been over 10 years since i posted on this forum! In the meantime i quit skating, started unicycling, quit unicycling after a few years, graduated highschool, finished college, and got a job. Now im 25, and i suddenly got the urge to start skating again.

Im wondering if you guys know any beginners at my age? When i was like 14 i basicly just knew how to ollie and shoveit, so its not like im gonna just come back into it. Id basicly be starting from scratch. Im also wondering, has skating tech evolved at all inthe last 10 years?

Honestly, im just kinda scared of kids making fun of me in the skatepark.

EDIT: I just noticed i never even posted here, i just joined in 2009 :D
    Last edited by Zagar; 12-24-2016 at 03:51 AM.

Title

You're never too old to have fun on a skateboard, just depends on how willing you are to absorb the bumps and bruises.

Title

Hi i just started with skateboarding. And I am 23 years old I bought a birdhouse board and this week I am practicing Ollie. I don't give a sh*t what people think about me I just want to be good at skateboarding.

Title

I'm 44. Skated a ton from 15-20, then took 21 years off. Can still impossible and half-cab over a spine. I skate with some guys that are over 50 that started in their 40s.

Title

Hey man I'm 26 and just got back in to the shred life too. Never too old that's just a number people go by and like my man said if you can take the bumps and bruises it's all worth it. Your older so the caution flag is up cuz of work and all but you can't skate like that. Just go out and learn with kids and guys who are willing to. Haha my first day out I skated with 3 middle school kids and taught me some new tricks. It's all skate love. What kind of set up do you have I bought a 8.5 element deck and loving the width since I'm 6'4 with 11.5 shoes. About to get on the mini Ramps this weekend at the beach. Will fall but be tough on your journey back in skating!

Title

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting back into skating after a brake. I'm 38 and haven't done anything since I was 20, so yeah it's like learning from scratch. I say get out and ride and have fun doing it. I can understand the skate park fear too. The pointing and laughing doesn't bother me much, but the park by my house is brutal or at least the "kids" there are. It's the only city park in my area and it's a nice park, there are a few rough necks that think it's their property. I think the main thing it to just make sure you have fun doing something you like.

Title

Right on, man... I just started again, too. I'm in my 30's and haven't been on a board since my early 20's. Can't bounce back from falls like I could but I'm not doing too bad.

Title
    Banned

Definitely not too old, if you can still move around, you can skate. I skated for a good portion of my life until 19 or so. Stopped skating for about 5 years and now am skating again. In the start it was annoying, could barely ollie or even ride the board... but it's all good as long as it's fun.

Title

Started at 29. I'm 30 now and having the time of my life! Just get out there and have fun! Never too old.