Title

Default New photo please!

Hello everyone. Very new here! Anyone want to critique a photo for me please? Thank you! dsc_7731_edited(1).jpg

Title

That's dope

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

No critiques? Anyone know of a forum where people openly discuss skate photography techniques?? Anyone remember wheelsandwax.com?

The lighting is on point. I'm not sure if I like his placement in the frame - the line of the loading dock almost immediately leads the eye away from the skater. I actually like all of the lines (the one created by the dock and also those from the parking spaces), and I think it makes for a better image as a whole, but at the same time I feel that it takes away from the skating itself.

This image might look better when included in a set of multiple images shot at the same spot but from different perspectives.

Title
    Perma Banned

How limited human eyes are. Thanks for sharing. That's a great start, you need to be a regular! Love the crisp detail, think about the object clean and go! Best of luck

Title

I love the shot
    Chief Graphic Designer at @Clipping Solutions

Title

The lighting is on point. I'm not sure if I like his placement in the frame - the line of the loading dock almost immediately leads the eye away from the skater. I actually like all of the lines (the one created by the dock and also those from the parking spaces), and I think it makes for a better image as a whole, but at the same time I feel that it takes away from the skating itself.

This image might look better when included in a set of multiple images shot at the same spot but from different perspectives.
    I absolutely agree with this guy. Photo is not so bad, but the scater is not in the focus and that's why this gray wall takes all attention. If it wasn't a photo on the skaters forum I would think that the photographer tryed to take a picture of a wall and that fellow got into the frame by accident. On the other hand, I'm not so good at photographing myself and maybe I'm wrong. Not so long ago I've bought myself a new iPhone 11 and tried to take some pictures. I think they look good, but I have a problem - this new photo format isn't available for most of the devices. BTW, this is the reason I can't upload them here :D BTW, not so long ago I've found a converter on this https://www.softorbits.com/convert-heic-to-jpeg/ site. Someone here familiar with this app?
    Last edited by DarthSidious; 05-14-2020 at 03:32 AM.