Title

Question Am I the only person who startef learning grind tricks before basic flatground

This is kinda weird question but whenever I watch Braille or some other skate you tubers they will talk about progression and how they learned up to like heel flips and kick flips before attempting a grind, but then theirs me currently learning frontside board slide but can't even front shove. I haven't been skating long but a lot of other beginners at my part can kick flip and stuff but can't boardslide as consistent as I can. I was just wondering if I should take a step back from rails and start working on flatground even more?? And I'm also wondering is anyone else was like that?

Title

Not weird. I'm just like you. I found grinds and slides more fun and thrilling. Going super fast into a nose grind on the flatbar or lip sliding etc.. but having flat ground tricks is a good thing.

There's no rules in skating. Learn what you want.

Title
    ))<>((

Start playing SKATE with people. It will push you to try/learn flatground tricks. I learned nollie bigspins (both ways) and nollie cabs in a match just because.

Title
    Respected User

Not weird at all. I still get destroyed in games of SKATE. Of course, I'd love to be more consistent on flatground, but all my skate life, I just found grinds and slides more fun. Just being weightless for a couple of seconds and then recovering to land. That's the shit, man.