Title

Default A skater 3 months into the game needs advice

I've been skating for three months and for the last 2 weeks I've been skating gaps and grinding and all the fun stuff and it feels more natural to me (once I get over the fear factor) and to me it is the funnest part of skating. The thing is my flat ground is not my strong side because I can only land like 8 tricks (pop shuvit inconsistently, Fs 180, fs half cab, bs halfcab, fakie pop shuvit, fakie Ollie, bs 180 inconsistently, and fakie front shove also inconsistently). If any experience skaters who also faced troubles with advancing in flat ground skating could give me tips please other than practicing 2 hours a day (that's what I do now and it gets frustrating sometimes) but anyways some nice helpful trick tips on how you started to land tricks more consistently and faster (especially pop shuvit, it's like the faster I go the farther the board goes away from me) but yeah some helpful practice tips and methods on how to lad tricks more consistent and while going fast should be very helpful.

Thanks, Noah

Title

For 3 months skating, the only thing you can do is skate more and practice more. It's just going to take time. You're pretty damn good for only skating for 3 months. I have friends who have been skating for a year and haven't progressed that much. They might not skate everyday but I mean still

Title

I've not been skating very long either. I enjoy pushing myself trying to learn new stuff quickly. I think sometimes I've forgotten to enjoy myself and become to focused on improvement. I record my sessions and recently put a video together showing my 10 weeks progress. After watching all the footage whilst editing I realised that my best sessions happened when I'm just messing around having fun.

For example, I spent ages trying to learn FS pop shuvits, getting a bit stressed about it and shit. Then I took a break, came back chilled and did some other stuff. Randomly threw a few attempts in and nailed it straight away. Basically I'm saying just skate and enjoy it and the progress comes naturally.

With the pop shuvit you're probably not commiting at speed. Focus on popping hard instead of just flinging the board in front of you with your ankle.
    Last edited by Milks; 11-27-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Title
    ))<>((

All tricks, all speeds: don't lean or bend over in any direction, but bend your knees (crouch, so to speak). If the board is flying in front of you, you are either kicking it forward (too much front foot action? use more back foot scoop) or leaning your body too much toward the tail of the board.

Title

Damn I was just skating earlier today and just tried a few for sh*ts and giggles and got it way more consistently