Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title

Default Why am i f*cking scared od falling?!

So i am skating for 1 year and i totally suck. I can do ollie shove it fs 180 and do them fakie. It's because i am scared of falling( even on the grass). It is so annoying. Sometimes I just want to quit,but my dream is to be good at skateboarding because giving up is not good way to solve the problem. Maybe I am scared because I have never broken my bone or sprained my ankle or anything like that :( .So if someone had the same problem in the past and now is not scared please tell me how did you fix this :( I want to skate but it's so sad when someone who is skating for example 3 months is better than me and not scared. Thank you

Title

For me I just say fuck it and go fast as hell and pop my tricks as high as possible. Accept that you're going to fall because skating is mostly falling and or fucking up.

Title

So I have been skating for 3 years (I stop for 2 years in between) and broke 5 bones (not only skating) but breaking a bone is not gonna solve your problem. Because I also can only land basic tricks (no kickflip or heelflip) and am scared of falling and have no clue why!! But I think you should not give up and keep on trying!!!

Title

Even if you progress and never fall once, you will eventually fall and slam hard where it hurts. You either stick with it or just give it up.
    360 Flip!

Title
    Respected User

Also, learn to fall.

Title

I really dont know What to do because I really want to skate but I totally SUCK should I slam really hard and I won't be scared any longer? But thanks for all tips

Title

I would just push a little harder than normal and eventually you won't get scared because you'll experience the fall and how much it hurt (not that much). You'll be good dawg.

Title

Falling isn't as bad as it's made out to be unless you're skating a stair set 6 or bigger. I'll be honest, I've only gotten really hurt once and it was on a quarter pipe about 3 1/2 feet high. Fractured my wrist. Honestly wasn't even that bad. Oh, skateboarding also gave me shin splints though, smh. Worth it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8isGr8 View Post
    I really dont know What to do because I really want to skate but I totally SUCK should I slam really hard and I won't be scared any longer? But thanks for all tips
    the more you learn to say fukkit and slam a bunch of times, the better you'll get at falling and at skateboarding, believe it or not.

Title

Thanks guys maybe someday i wont be scared anymore
    Last edited by Sk8isGr8; 11-10-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Title

no skating without falling. Get used to it, you will learn to fall, it is part of it. I know what I am talking about, i am 53 ��

Title

Probably skateboarding is not for me....pity because I wanted to be good at something :(

Title

You have to work for it. Put in the time and dedication but if you are not motivated then you can't force it.
    360 Flip!

Title

Falling is part of skating I'm afraid. Must admit, getting back into skating after 10 years, been going to the gym for a while now and I'm 6'2'' 240lbs, whereas as a young skater I was about 5 and a half foot and not much more than 100lbs! I'm much more nervous about falling now as you know what they say, the bigger they are the harder they fall, and when I slam I feel it. When I was younger and much smaller though, yeah with a lot of the stuff I did I slammed hard, but when you're that small and you fall, most of the time you're alright, just a momentary bit of pain but the more you fall, you get used to it.

Title

And still i am scared....no i am terrified! I'm so scared to break my bones even if I know that I wont happen. I really now have no idea how to commit

Title

Just keep it chill and easy. Whatever tricks you have so far just get them better and more comfortable.
    360 Flip!

Title

Probably skateboarding is not for me....pity because I wanted to be good at something :(

What kind of an attitude is that to have?! Do you like it and have fun with it? Find your weaknesses and work on them step by step. Break everything down into manageable steps and just relax! Don't sit and feel sorry for yourself cause you can't commit, get up and do something about it! more time, more practice and more dedication. Get a friend to skate with that may also help ramp up the competitive edge you have. At the end of the day its how much you are willing to put into it, take a shinner, take a slam, brush them off and try again. HERE FOR A MAD ONE NOT A SAD ONE!

Title
    Respected User

This guy I work with has a daughter that rode along on a skateboard and hit a crack. She flew off, broke two bones in her leg. Not even trying tricks, just riding.

Is that what you want to hear?

Title

Quote Originally Posted by kierantainsh1 View Post
    What kind of an attitude is that to have?! Do you like it and have fun with it? Find your weaknesses and work on them step by step. Break everything down into manageable steps and just relax! Don't sit and feel sorry for yourself cause you can't commit, get up and do something about it! more time, more practice and more dedication. Get a friend to skate with that may also help ramp up the competitive edge you have. At the end of the day its how much you are willing to put into it, take a shinner, take a slam, brush them off and try again. HERE FOR A MAD ONE NOT A SAD ONE!
    I know it's all about having fun and chilling...but I have no one to skate with so this kinda sucks :/

Title

I know it sounds weird but I wouldn't skate if I didn't have friends who skated.

Title
    crazy and cute

I grew up in a smalltown in Wisconsin. no friends to skate with. and it was basically like that for the first 2 years of me skating. took me forever to learn tricks. for some reason I really like falling and getting up. and falling then getting up. because it builds the stokage of finally landing a trick.

falling and just sitting there for a bit. looking at my board, with some frustration in my mind (and heart honestly). standing up. picking up my board and slapping it down to ride back to where I am going to try again. focusing on the spot and cutting everyone out for just a few seconds. (not cutting them off, learn the ways of the park u snakes) I don't know. skateboarding is just so rad.

skate or die
    die and skate

Title

And still I just can't commit! It's my nightmare.i can't even do a kickflip holding something. Wtf is wrong with my head?!

Title

So yeah...I decided that i am quiting skateboarding and i want to thank u for trying to help me but i am to shitty to skate and commit...Adiós monopatín...-.-

Title

Aw dude that sucks
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title

I can do ollie shove it fs 180 and do them fakie
    Can you really? so if you can do that, doesn't that mean you've committed to tricks and learned them? That's so cool. Just keep getting comfortable with your skateboard, don't give up, even if that means trying the trick half way until you build the confidence to commit all the way. Keep trying new things, get comfortable with riding down ramps, just try to break each trick step by step and you'll see a change.. As long as you keep skating you'll see results, you just have to keep skating. I have the same issue being scared to fall but I'm not giving up... It can start from small obstacles to big obstacles... every time you try counts toward your progression. The key to learning anything is to practice and keep trying new things, everyday push yourself a little more... Sometimes if you stay on one thing for too long, it makes you feel like you're not progressing, so it's important to switch it up every now and then... Try slappy stuff and no comply stuff.. try hippy jumps, switch foot, anything to get comfortable with your board... be happy and appreciative when you have learned something new and just accept the journey even if it takes you longer... We all learn differently, each one of us has to do something different in order for us to learn... some people like speed, others like things to be slow. Practice the easy stuff everyday. BTW, which trick in particular are you trying to learn? Or what are you trying to learn? If it's doing those trick over something, all I can tell you, is keep practicing, at least try them half way, like the foot motions... and if wearing safety gear helps you commit more, wear them... and who cares what people think? this is your enjoyment, so you must do everything you can to enjoy the journey of learning to skate... I know eventually you'll get it... I know you said you're quitting but I think you are much more capable than you think... and maybe the reason why you're scared is because, you're choosing to do things that is still a bit confusing to understand... based on how much comfortability you have on your skateboard... What I mean by that is, that first you must break it down to smaller steps and get comfortable with every step then commit... you can get skate trainers too and see if they help or practice tricks on carpet daily to build more confidence... I asked a guy at the skatepark today how does he get to do all the tricks he does, he said practice... and I guess it makes sense... practicing daily and failing is part of learning... even if it means falling every now an then unexpectedly because the more you fall, the more you'll learn to fall...