Title

Default Buying a complete, need help.

I'm getting back into skateboarding, It's been a long time. I was skating from 11-13/14 and now I'm 17, I'm buying a complete and I just need a few pointers.
    I've got a budget of up to 100£ but have no idea what to avoid and what's good (brands).

https://www.warehouseskateboards.com...category=2466|

Out of this list, what would be the best buy?

Title

I would build a custom complete, here are a few suggestions:

8.0 (that's the width) deck. This is usually the standard size. I'm riding an Almost at the moment. There are tons of good brands so its hard to go wrong. Baker is a very popular brand.
    139 (that's the size) independent trucks. Thunder and independent are the biggest truck brands, not to say there aren't other good ones though. Independent seems to be the most popular but I prefer thunder because they're very low, turn fairly sharp, and light.
    Bones redz bearings should be fine.
    Spitfire wheels, 99a (hardness) and 53mm (size). These are the best street wheels, which is what I assume you'll be skating.
    Grizzly grip. It's not as gripy as mob but still good. Won't kill your shoes or cut you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by piedude View Post
    I would build a custom complete, here are a few suggestions:

8.0 (that's the width) deck. This is usually the standard size. I'm riding an Almost at the moment. There are tons of good brands so its hard to go wrong. Baker is a very popular brand.
    139 (that's the size) independent trucks. Thunder and independent are the biggest truck brands, not to say there aren't other good ones though. Independent seems to be the most popular but I prefer thunder because they're very low, turn fairly sharp, and light.
    Bones redz bearings should be fine.
    Spitfire wheels, 99a (hardness) and 53mm (size). These are the best street wheels, which is what I assume you'll be skating.
    Grizzly grip. It's not as gripy as mob but still good. Won't kill your shoes or cut you.
    I agree with this guy's post. A custom complete will probably run you a bit more money in the long run but you won't have to worry about swapping any of the parts out later on if you feel like it. get any decent deck you can find on sale and try to find some trucks and wheels. bearings are pretty cheap!

Title

Building a custom costs a lot more money, and honestly, I don't have enough to spend on building a custom.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Building a custom costs a lot more money, and honestly, I don't have enough to spend on building a custom.
    Not really. If you find a decent deck for cheap and go cheap on the trucks (krux or something) then everything should come to right around what all those completes cost anyway

Title

You can definitely spec a board for stg100... I specked a board for you on skate warehouse (see attachment) and actually quite a good setup... even has Indy trucks.

Much better than the standard off the shelf board & you'll be able to change out components if you feel like upgrading in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (91.1 KB, 11 views)

Title

That looks like a nice setup for a beginner^!!