Title

Default Dudes skating Hoopla

What do you all think of dudes skating on Hoopla decks?

There is a 9 year old kid I know that is skating a hammered setup. Nose and tail are probably half an inch shorter than new. Big chips out of the deck. Wrecked bearings.

Amazon is selling a Hoopla complete setup for $17.50 right now. It's the same deck as a Mini Logo - which I know is ok, not great. I have skated a couple. Trucks are Mini Logo - which I actually skate on two of my setups and like better than Indys.

I'd like to get this setup for the kid - but not if it means that the other kids at the park are going to be shits about it and make fun of him.

Thoughts? Which would you rather skate - a good setup that was new but from a chick company - or a piece of crap?

Title
    Respected User

I've given kids at the park things I didn't gel with but are far from done. Like certain wheels or certain decks. I think that's less weird than giving a kid a new setup out of the blue. But that's just me.

Title

I know his dad, so that part wouldn't be weird. I just don't want to give this kid a board that is going to get him made fun of. I know he'd skate better on it.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Quote Originally Posted by BackInAction View Post
    What do you all think of dudes skating on Hoopla decks?

There is a 9 year old kid I know that is skating a hammered setup. Nose and tail are probably half an inch shorter than new. Big chips out of the deck. Wrecked bearings.

Amazon is selling a Hoopla complete setup for $17.50 right now. It's the same deck as a Mini Logo - which I know is ok, not great. I have skated a couple. Trucks are Mini Logo - which I actually skate on two of my setups and like better than Indys.

I'd like to get this setup for the kid - but not if it means that the other kids at the park are going to be shits about it and make fun of him.

Thoughts? Which would you rather skate - a good setup that was new but from a chick company - or a piece of crap?
    You're comparing a piece of crap board to a legit skateboard that was produced primarily for girl skateboarders like LaCy baker who don't get board sponsors.... Plenty of guys skate it and you'll be helping out real skaters. No one will gaf, it's a skateboard