Title

Default How do you become good at skateboarding?

So I've been skateboarding for about four years now and I am having trouble making progress. When I first started skateboarding, I watched Aaron Kyro's Skateboarding Made Simple series and learned the basics quite quickly. As I kept skateboarding, though, my basic tricks (shove-its, ollies, 180s, kickflip, etc) became more and more inconsistent. Because my basic tricks became more inconsistent, doing more advanced tricks became even harder. I would and continue to practice each trick every time I skate, but it doesn't seem to make a difference in my ability to do them. I would like to learn to skate stairs and rails, but many people say that you need to have your basic tricks down very well before you even try that. How consistent do you need to have down the basic tricks before you should start trying harder ones? Am I being too critical and should just move on? How well did you guys have down your basic tricks (ollie, kickflip, popshoveit) before you started trying them down stairs? I feel like I should just move on and learn better tricks, but I don't feel comfortable doing the ones I have right now and practicing them doesn't seem to make a difference.

Title
    Respected User

You bury yourself in a hole of your own finger nails. Then the magical skate lepricon-Mage will come out and augment your feet with magical skateboard ability's. This is top secret knowledge... I implore members of Sbc keep this top secret.

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bakedchicken View Post
    You bury yourself in a hole of your own finger nails. Then the magical skate lepricon-Mage will come out and augment your feet with magical skateboard ability's. This is top secret knowledge... I implore members of Sbc keep this top secret.
    Dude, don't lie. Everyone knows that you have to go to Valhalla and eat a magic pineapple sandwich with Geoff Rowley and P-Rod

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by NerkaN View Post
    Dude, don't lie. Everyone knows that you have to go to Valhalla and eat a magic pineapple sandwich with Geoff Rowley and P-Rod
    Fuck, you spilled it mate. Come at me bro!! ��

Title
    olwXcrew

Quote Originally Posted by Deags View Post
    So I've been skateboarding for about four years now and I am having trouble making progress. When I first started skateboarding, I watched Aaron Kyro's Skateboarding Made Simple series and learned the basics quite quickly. As I kept skateboarding, though, my basic tricks (shove-its, ollies, 180s, kickflip, etc) became more and more inconsistent. Because my basic tricks became more inconsistent, doing more advanced tricks became even harder. I would and continue to practice each trick every time I skate, but it doesn't seem to make a difference in my ability to do them. I would like to learn to skate stairs and rails, but many people say that you need to have your basic tricks down very well before you even try that. How consistent do you need to have down the basic tricks before you should start trying harder ones? Am I being too critical and should just move on? How well did you guys have down your basic tricks (ollie, kickflip, popshoveit) before you started trying them down stairs? I feel like I should just move on and learn better tricks, but I don't feel comfortable doing the ones I have right now and practicing them doesn't seem to make a difference.
    basics this basics that just do what you like theres no official regimented way to learn/get better at skating

i did a rock n roll on an 11ft ramp that goes oververt the other day but i cant do a fucking front shove on flat without fucking it up

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    basics this basics that just do what you like theres no official regimented way to learn/get better at skating

i did a rock n roll on an 11ft ramp that goes oververt the other day but i cant do a fucking front shove on flat without fucking it up
    Your gonna get discharged from Aron mcfuckhead's braille army for doing that! :o

To the op, just learn what you find cool. Ie, Im learning halfcab crooked grinds because Guy Mariano did some fucking dope ones in his mouse part...

There's no set formula. Only cunts who wanna make money on skaters desperate to learn will tell you that.

Title
    Respected User

Be realistic with what you can and cant do. I suck dick at a fliptricks, but, i'm getting pretty good at grinds and slides. I'm working on frontside 360s and back crooks. I don't care for like tre flips or kickflips. Just keep practicing.

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bakedchicken View Post
    Fuck, you spilled it mate. Come at me bro!! ��
    Comon bro imma fight u :)

Title
    Respected User

u also need to put ur dick in the pivot cup of ur truck. that helps too.

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mgoldman14 View Post
    u also need to put ur dick in the pivot cup of ur truck. that helps too.
    Putting Reese's peanut butter cups as bushings also improves your turning dramatically.

Title

At least try first. Aaron Kyro does well to trick people into thinking that theres an order to skateboarding.

Title
    crazy and cute

didnt read thread:

by loving the sport, practicing a lot, skating with friends, and being open to improving and trying new things.

also play thps 4

Title

this is all horrible advice , all you need to do its learn kickflips down gaps

Title

The best thing to do is watch skate videos over and over again. Slow mo the footage and pay careful attention to everything the pros do. As a general rule, don't push mongo.
    The entire concept of end-time is a misinterpreted, astreological allegory.